flickr renewal

Camera 2 to 5 k
Lens from 1 to 10 k
Computer 1 to 2 k

But to bloody tight to spend 70 pence a week on decent photo hosting ... aimed at no one in particular but if the cap fits etc

But to bloody tight to spend 70 pence a week on decent photo hosting ... aimed at no one in particular but if the cap fits etc
Are you now Flickrs PR agent Jeff ?
:D

Personal choice of what it is worth to the individual.
I have multiple TB of onsite storage for the 1000's of photos that I will never view again ... as I said before, basically yesterday's chip paper..

I've mentioned before, at about £1/ week its not bad. ( even better at £33 / year ;) )
But I think what p***es a lot of people off, me included, is the proportionally large price hikes.

Last edited:
Well mine ran out yesterday, never seen so many adverts in my life :LOL:

Also. thought they would just leave 1000 images and I could delete many of the crap ones left to free up space but it's not letting me upload anything, just keeps saying I have reached my limit even if I delete any of the 1000 actually showing.

Also. thought they would just leave 1000 images and I could delete many of the crap ones left to free up space but it's not letting me upload anything, just keeps saying I have reached my limit even if I delete any of the 1000 actually showing.
I think you had to delete before it ran out? or they would delete them for you.
However iirc there was an amnesty last year until the 1st of Jan.
So I'm not quite sure what that is all about :thinking:

Same here, well no adverts, just no uploading ... so that's it no need to use it again. :)

Mine ran out too, but no email from retentions. Looks like that's it for the big F.
Its weird I've had a reduction in price 2 years running, some people get it, with varing results as to pricings,
other people don't get the discount at all.
God knows how its all works as they don't seem to know :thinking:

Its weird I've had a reduction in price 2 years running, some people get it, with varing results as to pricings,
other people don't get the discount at all.
God knows how its all works as they don't seem to know :thinking:

So I had a reminder today telling me my Pro status had lapsed & providing a renewal link, but no hint of a discount.

I did get an offer but it was still more than I wanted to pay, given I have nothing at all to upload and haven't had for months.
It's now lapsed. I went and had a look today.

Nov 26th, 2018 Annual Plan $34.99
Nov 26th, 2019 Annual Plan $49.99
Today's price £55.88 (or at VISA Europe rates today $74.81)

Nope.

I have 2,436 photos so quite a bit of effort to delete down to under 1000 to have any space for a new picture
I suspect they're going to leave them there for a while to attempt to encourage me to pay again.
TBH with my current output there's no urgency to do anything at all.

I suspect they're going to leave them there for a while to attempt to encourage me to pay again.
When this was being discussed last year it turned out that Jan 1st was to be the cut off ( or rather the start of image deletion) perhaps its the same for this time?

Just received the Flickr HQ email offering a renewal price of £36.32, so that is me pro for another year :D. Took just over a month from the expired date to receive this offer.

Nice - I'm still waiting, although if they leave it too long I'll probably not need it by then.

Mine was up for renewal in May. Didn't like the price so cancelled. Then they offered me a lower price. So I rejoined.
Took them a while to get round to it this year. But... :)

flickr.jpg

That's good news, hopefully they'll offer it to me too. I've deliberately not renewed this year in the hope that there will be an offer in the pipeline eventually. ;)

That's good news, hopefully they'll offer it to me too. I've deliberately not renewed this year in the hope that there will be an offer in the pipeline eventually. ;)
Be patient. (y) I'd given up hope and opened a second free account, then got this offer today.

Reactions: Sky
I just delete a page or two from my FREE account every month or so so keep below the 1,000 image limit and that's FREE - suits me as I keep all the original RAW file s on my 4TB of SSD internal and external drives

Les :)

I wouldn't really class Flickr as backup storage, it's more aimed at showing images off to the world, which also results in the huge amount of stolen images from the site.

Personally I don't need all of my photos stored by Flickr, having TB's of drives and Amazon Prime if I choose to use it (slow as it is) and with all the photography I will be doing in the forseeable future 1000 will be fine for linking here.
TBH once someone has seen the photo and maybe one or two likes or a rare comment or two it's "like yesterday's chip paper", nobody will give it a thought.

Its that time of the year again, flickr want £55 to renew at the end of the month.
I've cancelled my subscription, as I have done every year for the last couple of years, lets see if they offer a discount like
they have the last couple of years ...

Lets see if I get another £33 offer ..

Its that time of the year again, flickr want £55 to renew at the end of the month.
I've cancelled my subscription, as I have done every year for the last couple of years, lets see if they offer a discount like

I never got an offer, started a second free account and use that now.

My old account is still there, 1725 or so images, unable to upload or delete.
Just under 3000 on mine, quite small compared to some I guess, but they did say pro to free, images would be culled to 1000,
I guess not, from what you jut said.

Don't forget that with your Flickr pro membership you get 2 months free of Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan, so that saves you £20. Even if you are already subscribed to it Adobe will defer taking payment for 2 months when you register it.

I considered starting mine up again after a few years on free, but On1 raw exports to Smugmug, not Flickr, so fired up their trial instead.

Same here , 8000 pics but mostly outdated stuff now i’ll wait and see .. if they come up with a offer ,to much other stuff going up now ,diesel at £1.50+ a litre

Back