Flower Power Thread

Stuart well impressive set (y)

Soggs well I think your shots are more than worthy of us having the pleasure of seeing :)

Thanks DayDreamer, much appreciated :) I'll see if I can find some more worth posting up.

The good thing about the macro section is that is so so good natured & you can get lots of help - so you can be serious and have a laugh as well (I do now & again) (y)

The good thing about the macro section is that is so so good natured & you can get lots of help - so you can be serious and have a laugh as well (I do now & again) (y)

I'm always looking for hints and tips to try and improve my photography, and if I can have a bit if a laugh doing it then all the better (y)

So sorry i haven't popped in here for a while i haven't been out much with my cameras of late due to person problems. But i must say there are some more cracking images in here, i have got my self a new lens a Sigma 70-300 mm as my old tamron lens broke so i thought i would share an image of a Fushia i took earlier on today with it.

Fushia by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

As it's later in the week here are the others I promised. ;)

IMG_0582 resized by Stuart Delaney, on Flickr

IMG_0581 resized by Stuart Delaney, on Flickr

IMG_0578 resized by Stuart Delaney, on Flickr

IMG_0574 resized by Stuart Delaney, on Flickr

IMG_0564 resized by Stuart Delaney, on Flickr

IMG_0539 resized by Stuart Delaney, on Flickr

IMG_0512 resized by Stuart Delaney, on Flickr

IMG_0496 resized by Stuart Delaney, on Flickr

These really are awesome Stuart, great complimentary colours and compositions... The last one is a stunner :)

Sent from The Moon.....

Mandy I'm a sucker for beautiful flowers & whilst so many are doing the bokeh to death to the point the BG is just a blur I much prefer shots like yours where there is no shame in seeing the surroundings but with them being a bit OOF rather than totally OOF :clap:

Just had a catch up ...super images from everyone, that's a stunning macro there Andrew. Stuart the last shot of the blue daisy (not sure what plant that is ) is fabulous, and David how can you say nothing special !!
I got a couple while I was away, will get them on sometime soon.

Last edited:
Just had a catch up ...super images from everyone, that's a stunning macro there Andrew. Stuart the last shot of the blue daisy (not sure what plant that is ) is fabulous, and David how can you say nothing special !!
I got a couple while I was away, will get them on sometime soon.
thanks for your comments Susie

Been browsing through my Flickr feed for more images to post on here and found these two shots that I quite liked.

Flower drops
by Soggs, on Flickr

Unfortunatley the flower in the foreground of this one spoils the shot a bit.

Poppies
by Soggs, on Flickr

Edit: Ooops realised this is for macro/close-up shots so this second one doesn't really fit in, sorry!

Last edited:
Been browsing through my Flickr feed for more images to post on here and found these two shots that I quite liked.

Edit: Ooops realised this is for macro/close-up shots so this second one doesn't really fit in, sorry!

The foreground grass and flowers ARE close up:)

Back