Beginner Focus

Edit My Images
No
On my canon 40d, when reviewing photos on CF card via camera the focus points are on the photo, is this right?
Have set something wrong on the camera.

On my canon 40d, when reviewing photos on CF card via camera the focus points are on the photo, is this right?
Have set something wrong on the camera.
You’ve set something on the camera. It’s neither right or wrong.

Is it bothering you? Have you read the manual?

If the same as the 50d, there's a setting in the menu to show focus point. It's called AF point disp.
20180406_201638-1209x1612.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry don't have a manual, I tried googling but could not find any reference to problem.
Appreciate Nostromo..

The so precious RFM strategy… :D
@Kodiak Qc, there really isn't any call for swearing while answering questions in the beginners section. RTM fine, but adding the coarse anglo saxon term for sex, well... (Best saved for the Talk Photography or Talk Equipment sections ;) )

I do agree though, reading the manual might answer the question, alternative something like Charlotte Lowrie's Field Guide for a far easier and more informative read.

really isn't any call for swearing

… was not intended to sound so, it is here that I learned
the expression (like many others!). Corrected, thanks! :cool:

… was not intended to sound so, it is here that I learned
the expression (like many others!). Corrected, thanks! :cool:
No worries Fella. I know you're French Canadian, so pondered whether you understood the meaning of the F in that abbreviation. Hence making sure I added the emoticon and the jovial reference to the more, er, abrasive:runaway: sections of the forum.

pondered whether you understood the meaning of the F in that abbreviation.

Yes, Tim, I did and I found if funny but, again, it is just another
"two weight, two measure" thing that I don't grasp well. o_O

Back