Football grounds

Name
Wez
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Looking to visit the following grounds this season. I have no qualms with driving to them, from Kent, but was just wondering if it may be easier to catch the train to some of them? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Millwall
AFC Wimbledon
Gillingham
Ebbsfleet
Fulham
Charlton
Southend
Crawley
QPR

So, really just asking if the grounds are easily accessible from the nearest train/tube line or if there is adequate parking near the stadium?

I've checked the stadium thread that is stickied at the top of this forum but a lot of them don't have names to them!

Thanks in advance,
Wez

Last edited:
from local knowledge....

Millwall - South Bermondsey BR station is 5-10 min walk - it is one stop out of London Bridge. Most probably could park car but i wouldn't leave my car in that area!
Charlton - Charlton BR station is 5 min walk...trains to gillingham direct. driving, could park over by O2 at a cost and walk
QPR - don't bother driving near the ground...could park in Westfield and walk it though (20-25min). trains are short walk.

not sure on the others hope it helps

from local knowledge....

Millwall - South Bermondsey BR station is 5-10 min walk - it is one stop out of London Bridge. Most probably could park car but i wouldn't leave my car in that area!
Charlton - Charlton BR station is 5 min walk...trains to gillingham direct. driving, could park over by O2 at a cost and walk
QPR - don't bother driving near the ground...could park in Westfield and walk it though (20-25min). trains are short walk.

not sure on the others hope it helps

Thank you for the info, much appreciated :)

I wouldn't leave it at Millwall either lol ;)

Hi

I don't know about many of those, and don't usually take the train to games, but:

AFC Wimbledon has a big (free) car park on site. I suspect it may fill up close to game time but if you're there early enough, you should get a space.

As mentioned above, you can park at Westfield for QPR. It's an easy walk from there to the stadium (around 15 mins). I think there is a flat fee of £5 on a weekend but it was a year or so ago that I was there, so may be worth checking!

Cheers.

I don't know any of the grounds specifically but thought it might be worth mentioning justpark if you want to find safe and reasonably priced parking around a stadium.

I recently took three 10 year olds to the emirates and preferred not to have them on the tube with so many people, found a parking space on just park for 7 hours parking for £7.50 about 20 min walk from the stadium in someones private parking space and if I had booked earlier there were plenty more even closer. Might not be worth it in every case but sometimes it's helpful to have the car close by.

I don't know any of the grounds specifically but thought it might be worth mentioning justpark if you want to find safe and reasonably priced parking around a stadium.

When i have had the missfortune of having to go to london i have used justpark.. more recently for west ham and qpr.. .. lots of camera gear on a cramped (football fans) train/tube ? nagh ot for me ..

Gillingham - residential parking scheme, you have to park a little further away. I believe the train station is near enough to the ground to be viable though.
Southend - been a few years, I know there is a car park but not sure if it's players / sponsors only. Looking at Google it appears to be around a 10 minute walk to the local station at Prittlewell.

Gillingham - residential parking scheme, you have to park a little further away. I believe the train station is near enough to the ground to be viable though.
Southend - been a few years, I know there is a car park but not sure if it's players / sponsors only. Looking at Google it appears to be around a 10 minute walk to the local station at Prittlewell.

Thank you Kevin for the info.

Noted it down (y)

Crawley is just off the M23, get off at Pease Pottage services and its less that a mile. Parking is in a local business park (my work when I am in teh office). Millers Wood is 10 minutes away if you fancy some nature photography.

I'm just looking at Gillingham by train, as should be heading there this coming Saturday. Only thing is, is that I need to get back to Tunbridge Wells by 6-ish as off out for the evening. It's a 45 minute drive or an hour and a half on the train with changes and some waiting at station time.

May be forced to drive this time :confused:

Ebbsfleet is a nightmare to park outside, but you can park in one of the Ebbsfleet Station car parks on matchday for something like £3, and its a short-ish walk to the ground. Done that a few times!

Back