For the TOP GEAR fans

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
Don't miss it - Top Gear Polar Special on BBC2 tonight at 8pm. Looks good :D

Oooh thanks Cheryl :D I'll definately be watching that!

Ohhh, **runs off to set sky+ record thingy before heading off to take brat shopping** :D

Cheers Mini!(y)

Already in the sky+, just got it recently great invention (y)

Followed by Heroes which everyone seems to think is really good, so looks like a good night of TV for me :D

Followed by Heroes which everyone seems to think is really good, so looks like a good night of TV for me :D

Yeah well worth a watch, stick with it at the begining :)

Oohhh, I would have missed this! Thanks for heads up! (y)

Thanks for the heads up Cheryl. Sky plus now set..(y)

I miss Sky.... and Top Gear and F1... I've got satellite here but about half the channels and I can't get the F1 races. Hope ya'll enjoy.

BTW anyone heard when they are going to put it back on the air regular like?

I miss Sky.... and Top Gear and F1... I've got satellite here but about half the channels and I can't get the F1 races. Hope ya'll enjoy.

BTW anyone heard when they are going to put it back on the air regular like?

If you have a reasonable enough internet connection then you could probably use something like Sopcast Which lets you view live tv streamed over the internet. I downloaded as someone mentioned being able to watch F1 on there, and I found some, the quality isnt as good as it would be on TV but you can still see whats going on :) It was the ITV feed too so had the english commentary.
*Not sure how legal this is*

was classic top gear, really funny in places specially the bumper dumper :) real toilet humour ;)

True, and Clarkson is a nutter, did you see the way he was driving the car before breaking it :nuts:

The bit that made me laugh was when he was pushed into that freezing water, I almost felt sorry for him.

And as for that HiLux....:love:

The bit that made me laugh was when he was pushed into that freezing water, I almost felt sorry for him.

It's a wonder the poor man didn't have a heart attack - that water looked a tad on the cold side :wacky:

LOL It wasnt bad was it, although Im not a TG fan usually. I did watch about 10 mins from the end, when he got out and praises the flat ground, then got back in and said "Oh sod it", and gave that car hell for leather. I was quite surprised something didnt break there.

The best Top Gear ever IMO..:clap:

Total entertainment for a solid hour..:D

I must admit they got there in the end but as the fuel gauge showed empty how did they get the truck back..:thinking:

As with all Top Gear things like this I think you need to take it with a pinch of salt. I doubt they were low on fuel and would have had plenty as back-up. I also think that the route would have been very carefully planned and filmed at a time of year when there would be a frozen route. With health and safety the way it is , and since the Hammond crash, the BBC wouldnt have let them do anything that would have endangered them or the crew.

I imagine they would have been air lifted back from the north pole, with some poor buggers left to drive the three trucks back :p

Also noticed that in one of the shots of them crashing over the snow etc you could see one nasty one where the bonnet got hit and seemed to fly up, yet their truck looked in minty condition at the end, so I am guessing all that was probably filmed at a later date by a stunt driver (especially as I think Clarkson has a bad back)

Sorry if I spoilt the illusion :p

Ok can someone please burn that to DVD for me and send it to my husband... please...... I'll send you something american in return (our president perhaps)

Ok can someone please burn that to DVD for me and send it to my husband... please...... I'll send you something american in return (our president perhaps)

It can imagine it might show up on youtube sometime soon.

P.S I dont have a DVD recorder or I would get it off sky+ for you, hopefully someone does :)

I'll record it from my Sky Plus box and drop it in Renee.(y)

Won't be tonight though but leave it with me..;)

As with all Top Gear things like this I think you need to take it with a pinch of salt. I doubt they were low on fuel and would have had plenty as back-up. I also think that the route would have been very carefully planned and filmed at a time of year when there would be a frozen route. With health and safety the way it is , and since the Hammond crash, the BBC wouldnt have let them do anything that would have endangered them or the crew.

I imagine they would have been air lifted back from the north pole, with some poor buggers left to drive the three trucks back :p

Also noticed that in one of the shots of them crashing over the snow etc you could see one nasty one where the bonnet got hit and seemed to fly up, yet their truck looked in minty condition at the end, so I am guessing all that was probably filmed at a later date by a stunt driver (especially as I think Clarkson has a bad back)

Sorry if I spoilt the illusion :p

Well said that man! Not quite what it seemed I reckon. Overrated IMHO.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but far from vintage stuff.
Did like the 'bumper dumper' though :LOL:

Normally I love the challenges but this one (if you'll pardon the pun) left me cold. To me there was too much of it that seemed staged and I could have sworn that they used some of the static shots of the boulder field and video of the Toyota leaping about more than once.

Isn't there also some sort of camp at the North Pole too? They just seemed to park on a patch of ice and say 'yay, we made it'. For all I know it could have been the Sheffield ice rink with some polystyrene scenery.

Not one of their better ones :(

Not sure without looking but someone told me tonight that it will be repeated on Sunday night.

Will check later for confirmation..:)

Who cares if it was real or not. Don't hear people bitching about how unrealistic Heroes is :p I loved it and was on edge through the episode. Poor Hammond. He really got the short *ahem* straw and seemed totally defeated when they called him. Its just darn good TV.

Who cares if it was real or not. Don't hear people bitching about how unrealistic Heroes is :p I loved it and was on edge through the episode. Poor Hammond. He really got the short *ahem* straw and seemed totally defeated when they called him. Its just darn good TV.

Well to be fair Heroes is a completely written drama.

Top Gear is supposed to be a lighthearted and fun, but factual show.

it did bother me that the satnav didnt show 90 degrees though lol

For the none educated (me) what should it show at the North Pole..:thinking:

For the none educated (me) what should it show at the North Pole..:thinking:

The northernmost point on the earth's surface is the geographic North Pole, also known as true north. It's located at 90° North latitude and all lines of longitude converge at the pole. The earth's axis connects the north and south poles, as its the line around which the earth rotates.

So should be 90 degrees north and any longitude, the sat nav showed 78 degs and 110'ish so something is definitely not cosher there lol

According to google earth they were about 300 miles sse of the magnetic North Pole.

For those of us that missed this first time around ...

It is repeated tonight ... :D ... Sunday 29th on Beeb 2 at 2000hrs ... Deep joy ... :cautious:

:p

i, er, obtained a copy. Watched it last night. Very Funny. Clarkson driving (sorry, sailing) one handed with a huuuuge G&T in his hand.

The problem for me too was that it was a lot more obviously scripted than the other challenges. Still entertaining though.

"Clarkson you big oaf I know it's you! I'm still on the loo" :LOL:

Back