Found film, or film processed long after exposure

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DF9uBe][/URL]

Verichrome found in a charity shop Brownie Twin 20. It was knackered, and I suspect i made it worse with a final rinse in too warm water after semi-stnad processing in 1:100 Tetnal Paranol-S for an hour, that old stuff is fickle! :/
I posted the results to local groups around where I found it (Penicuik, Midlothian) but had no luck in finding the original subjects.

Did she take a bus trip to a place full of gnomes?!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/schpleep/albums/72157661975169504

I have no idea tbh
Ironically she's coming out to see me next week so I'll show her the pics on the link
Her memory is not what it was however photos are often helpful
It probably isn't her, come on let's face it, what are the chances of a posting on here being of her?
That said, whoever it is in the pic could easily have passed for my mam

Given the other thread about a non-existant TV show relating to long-exposed films, I thought I'd give tis thread a bump. Anyone found any more old films worth sharing?

Time to bump this thread up again: I found another one.
I've been in Munich a lot recently and, in the depths of a second hand shop, I came across a roll of Verichrome Pan 126 (In a very decent condition, Instamatic 50)
After learning my lesson on rinse temperature and verichrome the last time around (see above posts) I was much more careful this time. And it paid of....

Camera, Film, Case: €5

Rodinal 1:100, Semi-Stand (3 inversions at 30mins), 1 hour dev + 5mins wash+5min fix+5 min wash

Ten scannable negs - Four separate scenes - So many questions! :)

Frame12: A nice family scene

Frame08: Happy Nuns

Frame07: A Masked Procession

Frame11: I have no idea!

I've post these in various places to get as much info as possible, but so far, here's all I know:
The Instamatic 50 was available from 1963 onwards.
The film appears to have been in a different camera until Frame07: Note the orientation change between 07 and 08. So the first 7 frames could be older than '63.
And that's it!

Full write up here
Flickr gallery here

Fishyfish Great shot of the de Havilland DH.89 Dragon Rapide (number 2) Me and my lad went up in this at a local airshow (Half Penny Green) I saw it and had to go up in it ! As a kid we made many trips to Half Penny Green airfield ( my dad was into planes) and there was one resident Rapide that did parachute jumps (Black) and one that visited a lot (orange) It cost me £140 quid for two of us for 20 mins but was well worth it !

A few from a photo album I found in a pile of recycled paper and card ,They are from the Stourbridge area taken in around 1916 to 1919, one of the houses in the photos is thought to be in Sandy lane.These are only photos of a photo taken with my phone but I'm trying to find someone with a scanner to do them real justice.

two.jpg
three.jpg one.jpg

Last edited:
erm Brad the first and 2nd looks like early fifties the car would pin the date?

Last edited:
Sorry your right Brian I used photos from two albums instead of just the one ! The one album is dated between 1916 and 1919 with a few at the end of this one being a little later. I will try and copy a few more when I get some descent natural light.They all seems to be contact prints as far as I can gather as they seem to be roughly the same size as a 120 neg. A couple of the photos seem to have a space at the bottom to write details in but I'm not sure if this was done at the printing stage or whether this was done when the photo was taken ( I seem to remember reading about a type of film you could do this with) Anyone know any more details on this ? I'm pretty sure the one with the two ladies near a harbor is Cloveley North Devon this ties in with fact that some of the photos are marked as the Grange Bideford

SEVERN.jpg. SIX.jpg FIVE.jpg FOUR.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a few found pictures, here is a small selection.
1098_005-5.jpg
From a 6x9 negative of pictures from Eastern Europe, no idea where this was taken but there is a negative with a placard in Cyrillic so it must be Russia or the Ukraine I guess. Mixed up with these negatives were some family shots which might suggest a date in the 1920's.
Wevelgem_840_039.jpg
Post war Belgium, Wevelgem near Ghent. Perhaps 1945 about the time of the resumption of the Ghent-Wevelgam race. There are other negatives showing the airfield, from the air, and the cycle race itself. Not such well preserved pictures I'm afraid. I'm not suggesting that this individual, cylcing in stilts, was racing at the time.
1098_017-2.jpg
A couple of German officers chatting. I managed to get hold of a set of negatives of a horse transport detachment, mainly horsing around, as it happens. There were something like ten sets on the auction site but I could only afford one. This took ages to spot after I scanned it. Very shiny boots, I admire his bat man.

Sorry, tempted to add a few more...
865_009 copy.jpg
From a negative (took ages to spot).
866_006.jpg
This is too cheeky to leave out, despite the fuzziness.
1098_011-7.jpg
Having a bit of a laugh about the quality of the wine.
IMAGE_006.jpg
The came from an exposed film in an Argus C4. What happened on the honeymoon vacation which meant that the film was never processed?
Wevelgem_902_014.jpg

Bach to Wevelgem airfield. Possibly late 1945.

Sorry your right Brian I used photos from two albums instead of just the one ! The one album is dated between 1916 and 1919 with a few at the end of this one being a little later. I will try and copy a few more when I get some descent natural light.They all seems to be contact prints as far as I can gather as they seem to be roughly the same size as a 120 neg. A couple of the photos seem to have a space at the bottom to write details in but I'm not sure if this was done at the printing stage or whether this was done when the photo was taken ( I seem to remember reading about a type of film you could do this with) Anyone know any more details on this ? I'm pretty sure the one with the two ladies near a harbor is Cloveley North Devon this ties in with fact that some of the photos are marked as the Grange Bideford

View attachment 138538. View attachment 138539 View attachment 138540 View attachment 138541
I believe the Kodak Autograph cameras came with a stylus and there was a flap that could be opened on the back of the camera so you could make notes straight into the backing paper that transferred onto the negative somehow, kind of an early exif data.

I believe the Kodak Autograph cameras came with a stylus and there was a flap that could be opened on the back of the camera so you could make notes straight into the backing paper that transferred onto the negative somehow, kind of an early exif data.
You're right Nick, I have a Kodak Autographic in my collection, and it's as you say.

My wife's mother some time before 1964 and my wife's dad and siblings 1920 to 1930. Bilston and Bradley West mids found whilst going through s box of nick nacks.

GWEN.jpg

ALL KIDS 2.jpg

Last edited:
I found some more photos that someone had thrown out , they seem to date from 1968 to the early 70's. My mobile phone seems to give the best results the other cameras I have will just not focus !
47908580981_55c0bcbff0_o.jpg40942018783_ec15c6d4b3_o.jpg40942019843_0893f9e7d0_o.jpg

Loving your found film, a wonderful slice of life from days gone by. I often wonder whether someone will see themselves or somebody they know in these shots, I hope so.

The shots that have ended up a bit stripey seem to be almost on a cross between material and card has anyone has anyone any idea why/what this is ?

they seem to date from 1968 to the early 70's.

The reg numbers (well, suffix letters) indicate early '70s and the Mk 3 Cortina dates from '70-'76. The UL on the only legible plate visible indicates that the number was originally issued in London.

Go to a village fete/carnival type procession and you'll still see people with their legs dangling off the sides of trailers like that.

That sort of paper was what many D&P houses used to use back then - possibly a Kodak paper?

Snip:
That sort of paper was what many D&P houses used to use back then - possibly a Kodak paper?
You're right; it was matt finish photographic paper, very popular in the late 70s and early 80s as it was easier to view than the high gloss shiny photo paper that was the alternative. It didn't show finger prints if some clumsy muffin put their thumbs all over the prints, and was thus more fit for purpose for family snapshot prints. Unfortunately, matt finish prints don't scan very well in comparison to glossy prints... but then again, we never saw that coming back in the day when we paid extra for the matt ones!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I've just founds this in a box of old tat ! A bit of fun from the early 80's illegal (AM) CB radio mobile ,make a bracket to mount the radio and Ariel ,cobble together a battery pack to make up 12 volts and off you go ! I'm pretty sure this was taken on a Cosmic 35 but has been copied using my phones camera.

BIKE.JPG

Last edited:
Broadcasting on an illegal Citizens Band radio? Outrageous behaviour, what a total disregard for civil obedience! :pompous:

Canon A1, 50mm f/1.8 on Kodak Ektachrome 100, circa 1980.

Last edited:
Film photos found in the Stourbridge area from what I see in them I'm guessing 1990's please let me know if you know where they are . I did try to copy them using the Sony but there was a really bad colour shift and it would only focus on one or to so I used my phone handheld which seemed to work.
20200424_102345.jpg

Think this photo is Beer ?

20200424_102358.jpg

Where is this ?

20200424_103015.jpg

More to come !

Back