Fraudulent Website alert!!!!!

Name
Aidan Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
I am not sure were this post should go folks, I am trying to warn people about a Fraudulent website I came across earlier when I typed in "Canon 5D MKII" in the google search engine, top of the list comes "First Cameras" never heard of it so I looked it up. The 5D MKII for 1299.95 euro...Fantastic Stuff, remembering a foram I was on just a week ago about people after getting ripped off by this other site suppose to be based in London, One guy suggested you look up the address on Google Earth, I did on this one and it came back with the address of "Warehouse Express" A very good Company I am sure you would agree. I contacted Warehouse Express and they confirmed that some Fraudulent business was using their address and the matter had been reported to the Police.. Just trying to warn members here. Pass this on people...

Cheers

Aidan

Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to let anybody I know to avoid this company if they happen to fall upon it online.

I am not sure were this post should go folks, I am trying to warn people about a Fraudulent website I came across earlier when I typed in "Canon 5D MKII" in the google search engine, top of the list comes "First Cameras" never heard of it so I looked it up. The 5D MKII for 1299.95 euro...Fantastic Stuff, remembering a foram I was on just a week ago about people after getting ripped off by this other site suppose to be based in London, One guy suggested you look up the address on Google Earth, I did on this one and it came back with the address of "Warehouse Express" A very good Company I am sure you would agree. I contacted Warehouse Express and they confirmed that some Fraudulent business was using their address and the matter had been reported to the Police.. Just trying to warn members here. Pass this on people...

www.firstcamshop.net is the Name of the Site

Cheers

Aidan

When you for ask for it to shoe prices in sterling it shows a ? Instead of a £ as well! Very odd!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Looks like a hijack of some sort, the company name checks out at companies house but shows as dormant, a whois shows the domain name registered to the name and contact details on the website but a tracert on the domain ends up in Russia:razz:

As per the other thread, avoid like the plague

First Cameras
Customer Service Department
13 Frensham Road
Norwich, NR3 2BT
United Kingdom

Company Reg. No. 06523440
VAT Reg. No. 350 4861 74

which is, coincidentally, the address of the registered office of Warehouse Express, who are legit.

As mentioned above, searching Companies House for the company number on First's web site gives CAMERA WAREHOUSE LTD at that address

Companies House said:
Date of Incorporation: 04/03/2008

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
9999 - Dormant Company

Their domain, firstcamshop.net, was only registered on 16th February this year, via an IT company in Australia from an address in California that's been used for numerous other suspected scam sites.

whois said:
Domain Name: FIRSTCAMSHOP.NET
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com

Domain Name.......... firstcamshop.net
Creation Date........ 2011-02-16
Registration Date.... 2011-02-16
Expiry Date.......... 2012-02-16
Organisation Name.... Jie Zhang
Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
Organisation Address. 94088
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Doesn't add up, does it?

:exit:

Last edited:
Lucky I found this post... was looking for a Canon 7d and came across this site which was significantly cheaper than the competition...

I first got suspicious when the credit card surcharge came up at 20% prompting me to obviously pay by bank transfer...

Luckily I won't be placing my order with them....

This site is exceptionally well crawled by google and other search engine bots. And you have now helped this fraudster with their search engine rankings :(

So what?

He has helped fellow members here by speaking up!

The old truism: if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is. Good to highlight fraudsters.

Hi all,

I'm the Technical Writer and resident forum moderator/browser at Warehouse Express and just though I'd better chip in to confirm what others have said, namely that Warehouse Express has no links whatsoever with firstcameras.net, firstcamerashop.net, first-cameras.net, mosxpress.com or any other websites that, for reasons best known to them, are using our contact details in their customer service sections.

Whilst it would be bad manners (and, I believe, a breach of the rules) to suggest that you only shop at the authentic warehouseexpress.com website, I would strongly suggest that you avoid any of these potentially fraudulent websites and spend your hard earned money at a more well known and reputable retailer - even if that isn't us!

Best regards,

Ben

i'm sure firstcameras.net was being advertised on here??? i followed the link and almost went to buy (get ripped off) something. close one.

Two more to add:

Moody Cameras and Olimpic Cameras claiming to be trading names of legitimate registered companies (the latter being Silver Centre (UK) Ltd, whom I spoke to and confirmed they have nothing to do with Olimpic Cameras).

Back