Free Grip with D700

dam

yet again someone beat me to show a new nikon deal

Yeah just got that email and gutted that i got my D700 2 weeks ago :(

im even more tempted on buying one now, but do i really need two grips

Good HU Rob... (y) ...Just received this e-mail too... :D

Is this to get rid of old stock cos they're upgrading the D700... :cautious:

:p

I found out a few days ago, it's a shame it wasn't out when I bought mine. I have no longer got new camera envy luckily and it is now glass that I hanker after. I still have my D200 although I could sell it and get a D300 for about £200 more. If they bring out a D800/D700x/D700s it will not make my D700 worse. Anyway I am madly saving up for a complete studio off Lencarta after deciding to sell my StableLighting setup and possibly the gorgeous Sigma 20mm f1.8 (love it to bits but having a 24-70 means it doesn't get out much!)

This is so, so tempting......... do I???

It's a cracking deal with the Curry's discount code AND the free grip.

Or do I wait for the surely imminent D700 update?

I've got the cash in my account ready to spend - what a dilemma!

:bonk::bonk::bonk:

in the same boat!!!!

photocopies of invoices or receipts surely thats a job for photoshop if you have just brought one. :D

Glad I just read this, I was off to collect my shiny new D700 (and grip) in about an hour.

Looks like I'll be collecting it tomorrow so the receipts dated May 1st, and then have a spare.

BTW, Jessops works out at around £1630 via quidco today, and you can collect in store.

in the same boat!!!!

Possible savings of £400... Surely if this D700 upgrade comes out then you wouldn't really loose money would you if you sold your D700+grip... As surely some-one would get a bargain on your 2nd hand offerings & you possibly either break even or make a couple of quid :shrug:

or should I go an get a calculator and work this out??? :exit:

What this really means is that a D700s is due in August.

But one then when they've dropped by £500 on the used market as folks "upgrade" for the silly video feature :)

then you wouldn't really loose money would you if you sold your D700+grip... As surely some-one would get a bargain on your 2nd hand offerings & you possibly either break even or make a couple of quid :shrug:

or should I go an get a calculator and work this out??? :exit:

Maybe just read the not-so-small print of the offer... :cautious:

"11. This offer is subject to continuous ownership of the product(s) purchased. Nikon UK reserve the right to recall/cancel delivery of the offer if the product is returned/resold."
Courtesy the Nikon promotion Ts & Cs page... :D

Last edited:

"11. This offer is subject to continuous ownership of the product(s) purchased. Nikon UK reserve the right to recall/cancel delivery of the offer if the product is returned/resold."

Same small print as the D300s & free SB900 offer earlier this year. I wouldn't want to separate the 2 items - thank you Nikon :D

:thinking: But they would have had the grip sent out by the time of the "updated" D700 wouldn't had they... As then they would have owned it for a couple of months...

Aaargh!! I've been resisting temptation in my pursuit of a D700 for so long, now I may just have to get one.

:thinking: After have a read thru :rules: "the terms" I know it mentions "continuous ownership" of the product/s... But what then happens after 3months of ownership you decide that "photography is not for me anymore" & then selling?

Are they then going to come round and take back the grip? :shrug:

Heard about this deal 2 weeks ago when i bought my d700,the dealer dated my invoice for may,sometimes pays to buy local and independant.(y)

That's a very good offer; but this makes me wonder if something may be brewing and ready for release, or am I just reading too much into this?

Aaargh!! I've been resisting temptation in my pursuit of a D700 for so long, now I may just have to get one.

Im in the same boat , resist resist , i must resist , well i did in the past but this is the future , now wheres ma card :D

go on you no you want one :D

Would this fantastic offer mean there will be an increase of D300's being sold shortly?

Bugger, just when I was lusting after another body as I've got a couple of Weddings to do for family, thought I'd fought off the feeling cos i can't afford it.....must....resist....arghhhh.
good deal at Currys by the way....resistance is futile....

Oh how I hate this forum sometimes :bang: Why did I have to read this thread. I was more than happy with my D300. Note the 'was' because now I lust for an extra 400 in numbers :D

Barney

Back