Frosty fern

Name
Emma
Edit My Images
Yes
It feels like a long time since I posted here - but the recent frost has been great fun to get out in. I liked the warmth of the bracken against the cold of the frost and ice in this one. Though I was a bit miffed to get home and find that I'd left my camera settings on jpeg norm after a family party. Again :rolleyes:

fire and ice revisited by Emma Varley, on Flickr

It feels like a long time since I posted here - but the recent frost has been great fun to get out in. I liked the warmth of the bracken against the cold of the frost and ice in this one. Though I was a bit miffed to get home and find that I'd left my camera settings on jpeg norm after a family party. Again :rolleyes:

But it worked out fine. It's great to see one of the super images you have been posting at Flickr. Like many of those, I really like this one. I was hoping you would post some more here. :)

But it worked out fine. It's great to see one of the super images you have been posting at Flickr. Like many of those, I really like this one. I was hoping you would post some more here. :)
Thanks Nick - that's very kind of you. With the shorter days I haven't been out and about so much, but it's been great to have some photography time over Christmas.

Hi Em, I like that a lot,as its my kind of style...
As for jpeg, I set my D300 on RAW last year and havnt changed it since.....dont see the need tbh.
Followed on Flickr too.

Hi Em, I like that a lot,as its my kind of style...
As for jpeg, I set my D300 on RAW last year and havnt changed it since.....dont see the need tbh.
Followed on Flickr too.
Thanks Mark. I just use jpeg if I know I'm going to be taking a lot of quick snaps that I'm not likely to edit - just for storage space really. Though with the amount of RAW files littering our hard drive it probably doesn't make much difference...must have a clear out soon :eek:

I did the same with jpeg setting the other day. Spent a day up in London to come back and realise I had been shooting jpeg rather than raw :banghead:.

Love the warm colour against the cool background and love the detail in the frost. As Nick said earlier, you have some lovely shots on your flickr, particularly liked the frosted caramel one.

Been meaning to get out and get some frosty shots but not had the chance yet - either working or having a well deserved lie-in.
Very nice shot though:)

EDIT - just had a quick squiz through your Flickr - some lovely photos in there ;)

Last edited:
Back