Fuji provia

If you love film, and if your approach is considered and methodical already, and you're prepared to spend a bit more in running costs, then you're already a LF shooter who is just lacking a bit of kit :D. Personally I've never looked back.

I'm terrible aren't I?

You ********* lol

I have just added an SQ-A to my watch list in eBay lol. I'll have to save for an LF if I go that far

Just got a 5 pack, how do I store it? I was going to put all the rolls in a ziplock bag with a silica gel pack in the fridge

I use a variety in both fridge and freezer and don't seem to have any issues. Mostly those clip-lid food storage boxes with the sealing gasket, boxes of 5x4 in sealable bags, and some film in just the canisters, in an unsealed plastic box.

Moisture in the cold storage isn't really the issue - it's more about condensation when it comes out, which is more likely if it's kept in the freezer. I use the freezer for longer term storage, and either take film out the night before I plan to use it, or move some into the fridge for more immediate use. I've loaded 5x4 into holders straight from the fridge, which probably means about 10 minutes before I open the box and start moving the sheets around. It still feels chilled, but handles and slides into the holders okay. Roll films tend to get stuck in a bag or pocket for an hour or so until I get to where I'm going, and then get loaded, so I can't say whether they would have a condensation issue if loaded immediately.

Is there a need to use a ziplock bag (assuming the film is sealed in its packaging / canister)? I’m now slightly concerned that mine might be suffering damage due to incorrect storage.

It just stops milk/custard/xxx getting spilled on the packaging.
Most people don't bother. Some people have their own fridge in a man/woman cave :)

Is there a need to use a ziplock bag (assuming the film is sealed in its packaging / canister)? I’m now slightly concerned that mine might be suffering damage due to incorrect storage.

5x4 doesn't really have a proper seal like 135 in canisters or 120 in foil type stuff, so I make sure that's bagged. The clip lid boxes were originally used because I felt that additional sealing might be needed, but I reckon not - they still keep it all organised, though.

I think the seal is more important when it first comes out of the cold - keeps moist, warm air away from the film until it comes up to ambient temperature.

How do you post images on here from flick rather than just links? Just got my first roll back

About to head to Scotland and wishing I had some slide film now! Ha. These look lovely (on my phone).

About to head to Scotland and wishing I had some slide film now! Ha. These look lovely (on my phone).
cheers :) think i missed focus a hair on the sunset photos. Never used slide film before so looking at the negatives was really cool!
Im hoping to head to scotland at the and of the year, went to Galloway national park about 3 years ago, really want to go to the highlands this time

Back