Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Looks interesting - I suppose you'd have to remove the battery door? And it would fit other X camera bodies. Anyone bought one yet?
Hi I have ordered one and as soon as I receive it I will run a test and leave a review here

It's been such a long time since I have taken the old X-E1 out (I even misplaced it for a while!), but I recently bought one of those cheap manual 25mm f1.8 Chinese lenses. It's actually a decently made bit of kit and enjoyable to use. Only some snaps from today, and my manual focus skills are obviously lacking :D These are all jpegs straight from the camera, B&W conversions in LR and some shadow boosting here and there.

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

Gloucester
by JJ, on Flickr

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

It's been such a long time since I have taken the old X-E1 out (I even misplaced it for a while!), but I recently bought one of those cheap manual 25mm f1.8 Chinese lenses. It's actually a decently made bit of kit and enjoyable to use. Only some snaps from today, and my manual focus skills are obviously lacking :D These are all jpegs straight from the camera, B&W conversions in LR and some shadow boosting here and there.

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

Gloucester
by JJ, on Flickr

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

Jennie
by JJ, on Flickr

They look very decent to me :) Number two in particular is excellent.

Looks interesting - I suppose you'd have to remove the battery door? And it would fit other X camera bodies. Anyone bought one yet?
Yes I have purchased one something I never noticed on the battery doors is a small rubber type grommet that the cable passes through to power pack so no removel of the door required:)
But if you own a X-T1 or X-T2 you will need the battery grip as the door on that also has the grommet not the camera body door:(
I purchased the Meike battery grip for my X-T1 and it works fine :):fuji:

Last edited:
Just seen on Fuji Rumors a very unconfirmed report that there could be a X-E3 in the autumn.

Do hope so and in that case think I know what Santa would be carting over to my gaff

Just seen on Fuji Rumors a very unconfirmed report that there could be a X-E3 in the autumn.

Do hope so and in that case think I know what Santa would be carting over to my gaff

I think it's an extremely safe bet that there will be an x-e3 this year. But will an x-e3s follow?

I think it's an extremely safe bet that there will be an x-e3 this year. But will an x-e3s follow?

Do hope so, the E range is definitely my favourite design

Doubt it, not quite sure why they bothered with the current s version other than an unnecessary stopgap

Last edited:
Do hope so, the E range is definitely my favourite design

Doubt it, not quite sure why they bothered with the current s version other than an unnecessary stopgap

If it's priced right (fair bit cheaper than the pro 2) I may get involved.

Three from a midweek trip to Brum, taken with X-E2 and XC16-50 mkii

Back to back houses courtyard
Brum 1.jpg

Birmingham Library
Brum 2.jpg

Looking towards Gas St Canal Basin
Brum 8.jpg

I have a wanted ad for a mint X-E2 (black) if anyone has a mint one for sale.

EDIT: No longer looking.

Last edited:
Like to keep this thread going, so its just a boring big skies photo from todays stroll, clouds were nice though. Bit of a cliché, but that lone tree would look good in winter with some of the white stuff about.

Still impressed with the jpegs from this combo X-E2 and XC16-50mm mkii

Clouds.jpg

Last edited:
Morning all.

I've purchased a 18-55 f2.8-4 to go with my X-E2. So now, I have the option of either take camera bag with 10-24 and 60mm OR take camera with 18-55 inside an ever-ready case. I regularly do the latter with X100, but sometimes wished I had more reach and a wifi enabled camera.

Unfortunately I don't see an official Fujifilm ever-ready case for X-E2, there are many different slight variants on the market. Does anyone have one they could recommend?

Thanks

I keep forgetting this thread, plus more often than not I'm shooting my Merrills rather than my X-E2. This is one from a few weeks ago..

X-E2, XF-23/1.4

Morning all.

I've purchased a 18-55 f2.8-4 to go with my X-E2. So now, I have the option of either take camera bag with 10-24 and 60mm OR take camera with 18-55 inside an ever-ready case. I regularly do the latter with X100, but sometimes wished I had more reach and a wifi enabled camera.

Unfortunately I don't see an official Fujifilm ever-ready case for X-E2, there are many different slight variants on the market. Does anyone have one they could recommend?

Thanks

I had a leather case for my X-E2 way back - a cheapie from eBay but it was fine

Thread livener again, one from my latest trip, the rather unusual, but splendid "Atomium"
(X-E2 and XC16-50mm mkii)

Atomium (1 of 1).JPG

Having own the XT1, I'm pround to say I will be an XE2s owner tomorrow. My second fuji body will arrive tomorrow. Very exciting to bring 2 bodies with lens attach out and it still weight less then my previous D3 with 24-70 attached :)

Having own the XT1, I'm pround to say I will be an XE2s owner tomorrow. My second fuji body will arrive tomorrow. Very exciting to bring 2 bodies with lens attach out and it still weight less then my previous D3 with 24-70 attached :)

I seem to use the X-E2 all the time now, poor old X-T1 sits at home waiting for an outing which it never gets. Sure you will enjoy your new camera and its rumoured there will be a X-E3 in the autumn, saving my money for that

I seem to use the X-E2 all the time now, poor old X-T1 sits at home waiting for an outing which it never gets. Sure you will enjoy your new camera and its rumoured there will be a X-E3 in the autumn, saving my money for that

Yeah, i planning to use 2 body when travling. They are light enough to carry. 1 with the 18mm attach and the other will use the 35mm or 55-200 or 56mm

For some reason the xe2s feels snappier compare to my xt1. Maybe a new camera feeling. One thing i can't figure out how to fix is the auto iso settings for the xe2s.

On the setting menu I've change the auto1, 2, 3 settings, but when I change the Custom settings vis the Q menu. The iso setting keep resetting back to default.

Back