Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Well after finishing my film making degree I think I will sell my A6000 and move back over to fuji. I like the speed and other "stats" of the sony but I've always had more fun shooting with fuji cameras. I'm going to get an X-E2 with the 18-55mm kit and the 50-230mm for birds/general wild stuff.
Now that the update for the X-E2 with the better focussing system is sort of confirmed for later this year I'm chosing that over the X-T10. I don't think I'll wait to see if the 50-230mm ii will be sold separately, I can always upgrade later.

Can't wait to get back into fuji!

got the 35 for a weekend and I'm definitely keeping it. Having the kit lens, which is good by itself, is simply not enough. I am not sure if I'll part with it, as it will be much more convinient for traveling light, but it will definitely stay home during workdays or weekends. The separation of the 1.4 cannot be argued with. The focal length works most of the time for casual shots or portraits, and I cannot recommend it enough. If the kit lens is all you have and you cannot afford something below f2 in the Fuji range - give it a go, they are kinda cheep now, talking Fuji prices.

X-E2, Minolta MD 35-70/3.5 Macro

The MD 35-70/3.5 is a very capable walkabout/landscape lens with the x-series bodies..

both are behind the curve, get an E2, much faster and will be updated once more in autumn.

For me the X-E2. The OVF is nice on the X-Pro but not with all lenses. X-E2 was a nicer all round experience for me. I wouldn't swap the X-T1 for either though.

X-E2 is probably a good bet at the moment for you Peter, you should notice a big improvement from the X-E1 you had before. Let's you ease back into the Fuji's and gather your lens choices. If you part ways again there should be renewed interest in 2nd hand X-E2's when the new firmware is released.

The X-Pro1 is a beautiful thing to behold for sure and I wouldn't be without it.
The XE2 is more "Up to date" and the EVF is a big improvement on the the XPro 1, which is just as well since there's no OVF. (I don't miss it.)
The XE2 has a pop up flash that could be handy.
One thing that will annoy you is that if you use the EVF, as apposed to the LCD screen and you want to view your shots then you will have to do that through the viewfinder as well, unless you assign one of the function buttons to enable you to chop and change each time.
There is a setting to have the screen as the priority option but switches to the EVF when raised to your eye, but I find that annoying as well! I'm hoping that the final firmware update will remedy that in some way.
I'll leave it to others as to which camera produces the best files.
Oh, and the XE2 is WiFi enabled and if you download the Fuji app thing you can controle the camera from your 'phone, which is more fun than you might imagine.

X-E2 every time especially if you want to use a zoom lens. IMHO, I think the X-Pro1 is more suited as a prime lens camera. Plus if the rumour of the firmware update is true, then it will really add to the all round excellence and usability of the X-E2. The built in flash has proven to be a bonus too at times.

The X-Pro1 is a beautiful camera to use and hold and is built like the proverbial, but it doesn't have an adjustable diopter so if you wear glasses or your eyesight is less than perfect, you will have to physically change the viewfinder diopter. IQ wise I cannot tell the difference twixt the two.

Fuji Refurbs have the X-Pro1 in at the moment but the X-E2 has been out of stock for a while.

I'm not convinced that the X-E2 is that much better than the X-E1 at the moment (I use both). Once firmware 4.0 comes along for the X-E2, that will change (certainly for tracking). Operation of the X-E2 is a lot quicker however (file write speed etc.) if that's important to you.

Website says 3 in stock. It is a pretty accurate website. I have spoken to Colin in the past. I now always ask for Arthur. He is a very helpful and courteous man and will go out of his way to help. If Arthur says there is no stock then there is no stock.

As Barry says, put it in the box, add PAYPAL12 and if it is in stock, it will take you on to the payment page.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced that the X-E2 is that much better than the X-E1 at the moment (I use both). Once firmware 4.0 comes along for the X-E2, that will change (certainly for tracking). Operation of the X-E2 is a lot quicker however (file write speed etc.) if that's important to you.

it has a faster processor, better evf, updated sensor, how is it not "that much better"? ;)

it has a faster processor, better evf, updated sensor, how is it not "that much better"? ;)

Have you tried both? The EVF is the same, only better on the X-E2 in low light (not so jerky). The sensor is pretty much the same as well. The big win is with operation speed and the slowly improving AF, so it really depends on what type of photographer you are :)

I believe the refresh rate of the evf in E1 is much slower, don't know if they updated it or not. Don't forget the wifi option, and as previously mentioned - updated sensor and processor. I've dealt with M1, which has pretty much the same internals as E1 (correct me if I'm wrong) and it's oh so slow in comparison.

All this updated sensor talk... I prefered the files from my X-E1 to my X-T1. Prefered the feel of the X-E too but the X-T was so much more refined with easier controls and a much better EVF.

I still managed to track racing cars with my X-E1 so the AF wasn't that bad.

Yeah so better RAW on X-E1 but classic chrome on X-E2, Tough choice? :p

I noticed there is a reasonably priced 10-24 for sale on AVForums in anyone is interested. I'm not the seller btw!

As with any filter, it doesn't work for everything. I shoot CC jpg and RAW, best of both worlds :)

Back