Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Just become a member of the X-E3 club.

Only just sold my X-T2 and most my lenses but decide to keep a couple of primes and add an X-E3 as needed to downsize kit a little.

Look forward to getting out and about with this little gem of a camera.

First pic from me of my youngest with the 23mm f2 which I think will be on the camera most of the time.

Have also hung onto the 35mm f1.4 but cant make my mind up now if I want to also keep the 10-24mm or the 90mm or just sell both and buy the 14mm :thinking:

i-4nQ5VGS-X2.jpg

My least used lens is my 14mm, I’ve always fancied the 90mm, It’s in excellent condition, boxed with all bits and bobs, you fancy a swap ?

My least used lens is my 14mm, I’ve always fancied the 90mm, It’s in excellent condition, boxed with all bits and bobs, you fancy a swap ?

Thanks for the offer Jim but in all honesty i should be cutting back on the amount of gear i have and will probably end up selling both the lenses to be honest.

Thanks for the offer Jim but in all honesty i should be cutting back on the amount of gear i have and will probably end up selling both the lenses to be honest.
Not a problem Glen, in reality I should be doing the same myself. I've way too much gear. I have my X-T2 up for sale, but rather than sell it at a ridiculously low price I'm going to keep. I had it out this weekend, I'd forgotten what a great camera it is.

Just sold my one and as much as i love the size and performance of the X-E3 i do miss the video quality and tilting screen of the X-T2 so will probably look at getting another one later in the year with the kit lens from the refurb store just for video work but this time not go so mad with all the lenses and just purchase the grip and extra batteries again.

Yeah i'm loving my X-E3, it'll be a fantastic little travel camera. Took me a while to get used to the touch screen, but inow it's not a problem. With the 18mm f2 fitted its the size of an X100F

Yeah i'm loving my X-E3, it'll be a fantastic little travel camera. Took me a while to get used to the touch screen, but inow it's not a problem. With the 18mm f2 fitted its the size of an X100F

can you turn the touch screen off permanently and still control the camera.
I hate touch screens.

I'm waiting to see how good the new 15-45mm powered zoom is before I consider the XE3 - it could be the solution to my photographic issues :)

can you turn the touch screen off permanently and still control the camera.
I hate touch screens.

Yes you can.

Has three modes as such, Taking a picture,A/F control and off.

Can use it to scroll through Q menu and also to select A/F point while looking through view finder.

Do like the pinch zoom function while viewing back images and being able to scroll through them also using the screen.

Last edited:
I'm waiting to see how good the new 15-45mm powered zoom is before I consider the XE3 - it could be the solution to my photographic issues :)
I agree, if it's of decent quality on the X-E3 it would be a fantastic , compact all rounder.

Took our Team rector to the top of the church steeple and shot her.

We are having some serious Lottery Fund repairs done on the tower and steeple of our church , so I have been volunteered to do the photography.
they were starting the fabric survey today so had a rather large cherry Picker on site. T'was a long way up... She smiled all the way....

_DSF4036X by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

_DSF4021X by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

Really love the fact this has the same sensor as my old X-T2.

Quick edit of one of the bikes from DR Moto ready for this years British Superbike Championship with the X-E3 and 90mm @ f2

Edited in Lightroom CC using the Velvia preset as a base.

i-NX5zVGV-X2.jpg

Really love the fact this has the same sensor as my old X-T2.

Quick edit of one of the bikes from DR Moto ready for this years British Superbike Championship with the X-E3 and 90mm @ f2

Edited in Lightroom CC using the Velvia preset as a base.

i-NX5zVGV-X2.jpg
As a motorcycle nut myself I adore this capture -- awesome DOF, great the way you got down and shot it straight on, superb 90mm'ness and wide open -- w O w

Regards;
Peter

Last edited:
As a motorcycle nut myself I adore this capture -- awesome DOF, great the way you got down and shot it straight on, superb 90mm'ness and wide open -- w O w

Regards;
Peter

Many thanks Pete.

I am a bit of a bike nut as well and work for BSB all season covering the championship and supplying MSVR with images.Dean from DR Moto is based three units up from the garage I work at so it was nice to have the little X-E3 with me to grab some quick pictures.Did miss having a tiltable screen as had to lay on the floor but other than that I’m very pleased that the output is identical to the X-T2 and just love how sharp the 90mm is.

Last edited:
Many thanks Pete.

I am a bit of a bike nut as well and work for BSB all season covering the championship and supplying MSVR with images.Dean from DR Moto is based three units up from the garage I work at so it was nice to have the little X-E3 with me to grab some quick pictures.Did miss having a tiltable screen as had to lay on the floor but other than that I’m very pleased that the output is identical to the X-T2 and just love how sharp the 90mm is.
Been riding motorcycles for around 38+ yrs, my present wheels which I've owned from new (8yrs ago) is a Suzuki V-Strom DL1000 (power commander - Akrapovic carbon pipes - Hel lines front + rear + sintered pads etc, I've had quite a few Gixer's and Blade's over the years and around ten years ago got my son into Supersport 600cc race series (CBR600RR + R6) stock etc, an expensive hobby ok when funded by yourself -- great fun though.

Regards;
Pete
2-wheel petrol head

I’ve pre-ordered the xc15-45 from Amazon. I believe it’s due for release on the 15th. I’m hoping it’ll be as good as reported. If not I can return it.

I’ve pre-ordered the xc15-45 from Amazon. I believe it’s due for release on the 15th. I’m hoping it’ll be as good as reported. If not I can return it.

I'm waiting to hear about this lens - it could be the answer for a walkabout camera for me. I'll be interested to hear your views

The 15-45mm arrived yesterday, I put it on my X-E3 and took a few test shots. First the positives, it seems very sharp, and it's very light. The negatives, it's all plastic, even the lens mount. I've never owned an XC lens so I assume this is the norm ? There are no markings on the lens, or aperture ring. The motor is quite loud, I never tried using video, but I imagine it would be very audible.The inner barrel protrudes quite far, whether at the tele end or wide end. When you try to review your shots, the lens has to retract before the image is displayed, and when you go back to the shooting mode it has to extend, this slows everything down. I found it very frustrating.I took it off my camera and put the XF18-55 on, what a difference, makes you appreciate how well made that lens is.
Needless to say I've boxed it up and I am returning it. My plan was to use it as a light weight travel lens with my X-E3 but for me it's too slow in use.

The 15-45mm arrived yesterday, I put it on my X-E3 and took a few test shots. First the positives, it seems very sharp, and it's very light. The negatives, it's all plastic, even the lens mount. I've never owned an XC lens so I assume this is the norm ? There are no markings on the lens, or aperture ring. The motor is quite loud, I never tried using video, but I imagine it would be very audible.The inner barrel protrudes quite far, whether at the tele end or wide end. When you try to review your shots, the lens has to retract before the image is displayed, and when you go back to the shooting mode it has to extend, this slows everything down. I found it very frustrating.I took it off my camera and put the XF18-55 on, what a difference, makes you appreciate how well made that lens is.
Needless to say I've boxed it up and I am returning it. My plan was to use it as a light weight travel lens with my X-E3 but for me it's too slow in use.

Sorry to hear you weren't impressed Jim, had my eye on this one for the same reasons.
Already regularly use the XC 16-50mm Mkii with what I think are good results, can't say I'm bothered about the plastic build.
Also have the 18-55mm and agree it does feel far more substantial, but considerably heavier and not such a good balance on the X-E range

Think I will still get one to try and hopefully keep, may I ask where did you get yours from, didn't think they were available yet
Thanks

Oh dear - and I was looking to this lens to satisfy my needs as a high quality walkabout camera/lens. I suppose, that's the trouble with powered zooms - it takes a finite amount of time to switch on and to get to shooting mode and then to switch off. I found this aspect frustrating with my recent Sony RX100M3 (that and the flimsy build). This is where something like the Fuji X30 scores heavily - I just wish that Fuji had made an X40 with a 1" sensor.

Sorry to hear you weren't impressed Jim, had my eye on this one for the same reasons.
Already regularly use the XC 16-50mm Mkii with what I think are good results, can't say I'm bothered about the plastic build.
Also have the 18-55mm and agree it does feel far more substantial, but considerably heavier and not such a good balance on the X-E range

Think I will still get one to try and hopefully keep, may I ask where did you get yours from, didn't think they were available yet
Thanks
I got it from Amazon UK. I don't think I could live with the slowness of it, it bothered me from the get go, I think it would only bother me more as time went by. I'd advise you bring your camera to a camera shop
(that has them in stock ) and try it, it might just be me.

I got it from Amazon UK. I don't think I could live with the slowness of it, it bothered me from the get go, I think it would only bother me more as time went by. I'd advise you bring your camera to a camera shop
(that has them in stock ) and try it, it might just be me.

Thanks Jim, that sounds like a very good idea, don't think I have ever owned a power zoom.

Looks very familiar :) Would it happen to be between Bittles bar and the Kitchen bar ? lol

Looks very familiar :) Would it happen to be between Bittles bar and the Kitchen bar ? lol
Well spotted Sir, I was in Belfast quite a while ago and looked up and spotted these different angles, rubbed chin and thought, this could be a photo opportunity.

Thanks;
Peter

Taken a while ago but only recently looked at:-

Fireside by Andrew R, on Flickr

X-E2 and 18-55

Very nice shot Sir, well composed, good exposure giving detail in the highlights & shadows, and well suited to the mono presentation.(y)

George.

That 56 is a special lens, I’ve never owned one but shots like that make me want one !

I've now got the 50mm Fujicron, it's a really sharp compact lens, very fast AF but it's not a focal length I use a lot, and it doesn't have the same bokeh as the f1.2. If I see a 56mm on here for the right price sometime I may go for it.

Hi all, new to the forum, apologies if this is the wrong place to post this!

I've just got myself an X-E2, does anyone know of anywhere (or happen to be themselves) selling an affordable AF lens for it?

Not wanting to spend a fortune just something I can stick on the camera to make it easier to use for other family members.

TIA!

Back