The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Nothing really wrong with it but if you've got or had a 55-200, it will feel rather flimsy and plasticky in comparison.

Whos buying an xt20 when its released,think i am,looks nice spec
I'm looking to preorder one yet if i'm being honest id much prefer the X-T2 but because of the big savings on price of the X-T20 it means i'll go buy that instead.
I keep looking about at the moment where to order it as i do want to preorder as i don't want funds took until its close to its dispatch or prior to doing so, WEX seemed to want authorise the funds at the time place it which i'm a little wary of and the likes of Jessop's who i looked at seemed to have there fair share of negative feedback so i'm avoiding them.

I have ordered before with Ffordes yet they dont seem to advertise the free halfcase which i want so the search continues unless i give up and just give WEX payment now lol.

Wex want to authorise the case but won't charge you until it is dispatched. That'll be your best bet I think.

I'm going to trade an XE1 in for the extra £80 which should mean it'll cost me about £630 and I'll get the free case. I can then move my other bodies out along side the macro lens I don't use.

A few from this morning, I seem to find myself visiting the Kelpies a lot on Sunday mornings but it's my first visit with the X-T2

55-200 @110mm iso 1250
Kelpies January 17 by barrysprout, on Flickr

55-200 @110mm iso 1000

55-200 @55mm iso 250

14mm 3 shots stitch iso 200

55-200 @200mm iso 1600

And lastly a grab shot to show that Scottish Heron's aren't easily scared away
I've never seen or heard of this place. The sculptures are beautiful.

Wex want to authorise the case but won't charge you until it is dispatched. That'll be your best bet I think.

I'm going to trade an XE1 in for the extra £80 which should mean it'll cost me about £630 and I'll get the free case. I can then move my other bodies out along side the macro lens I don't use.
I sent WEX a message asking about do they take payment at point of placing a preorder and they responded "the payment to be authorised the funds would generally need to be available however this all depends on the bank you use" so i was bit unsure although i have funds ready..

Its likely that i will end up just ordering with WEX yet a bit closer to the release time.

I sent WEX a message asking about do they take payment at point of placing a preorder and they responded "the payment to be authorised the funds would generally need to be available however this all depends on the bank you use" so i was bit unsure although i have funds ready..

Its likely that i will end up just ordering with WEX yet a bit closer to the release time.
It'll have to be a bit closer as legally hey can only keep card details on pre order for 28 days so leave the pre order for a few days otherwise you'll probably have to take a call from them to authorise again and if you miss it, who knows.

Is anyone taking preorders for the xt3 I can't wait?! ;)

Will it have a organic sensor you think?

Last edited:
Not come across this, but maybe try re-installing the app and connecting it. Then disconnect from the device on camera, then you should be able to delete it. The camera is still trying to locate the device it seems.

Thanks for getting back.

I have done as you suggested, reinstalled the remote camera app, it connects without problem to my camera for remote shooting etc, even able to download photos to my phone. When I disconnect by pressing disp/ back button, it disconnects from the app.

The problem remains that whilst the camera is turned on I can hear a noise coming from it which would appear to be from the camera wifi trying to connect to the remote app. I'm wondering what effect this will have on the battery and also will this occur in open wifi areas?

There doesn't seem to be a way of switching the wifi off completely.

AFAIK the 'wi-fi' on camera doesn't require any internet connection to function. It can send and receive images/data from a mobile device without internet. It works more like bluetooth. Not sure how you can fix your issue though, sorry :/

Is anyone taking preorders for the xt3 I can't wait?! ;)

Will it have a organic sensor you think?

When that comes out I'll grab an XT-2 ... I'm always a model behind :D When I had the D800E I was ahead for once, I was one of the first over here at least to have one. But I never bothered upgrading to the 810.

The XT-3 will be much the same with a slightly faster processor maybe, better ISO noise handling, touch screen and improved video functions perhaps? There's not a whole lot they can improve on these days.

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back.

I have done as you suggested, reinstalled the remote camera app, it connects without problem to my camera for remote shooting etc, even able to download photos to my phone. When I disconnect by pressing disp/ back button, it disconnects from the app.

The problem remains that whilst the camera is turned on I can hear a noise coming from it which would appear to be from the camera wifi trying to connect to the remote app. I'm wondering what effect this will have on the battery and also will this occur in open wifi areas?

There doesn't seem to be a way of switching the wifi off completely.

Can you be certain it's the camera wifi making the noise? Which lens is connected to the camera at the time and is it at all possible what you're hearing is the OIS rather than wifi? I honestly can't recall the wifi making any noise at all.

I agree with Jim. Numbers 2 and 3 are corkers and number 2 in particular would be a stunning long exposure IMO.
:agree: I would go back in blue hour and try a long exposure then... In fact, if I can work out where to stand I may do it myself, though I'm not in London very often :)

Can you be certain it's the camera wifi making the noise? Which lens is connected to the camera at the time and is it at all possible what you're hearing is the OIS rather than wifi? I honestly can't recall the wifi making any noise at all.

Thank you

I wondered if it was something else and considered OIS on the lens Fuji XF 18-135, I've turned this off but it's not that. The noise does sound similar to the noise of OIS but it can't be that....it's frustrating the hell out of me now:(

Thank you

I wondered if it was something else and considered OIS on the lens Fuji XF 18-135, I've turned this off but it's not that. The noise does sound similar to the noise of OIS but it can't be that....it's frustrating the hell out of me now:(

I may be wrong Maggie, but I'm sure that even though you've turned OIS off it still makes a noise (I know, bizarre right). I'd imagine it's likely this that you're hearing.

I may be wrong Maggie, but I'm sure that even though you've turned OIS off it still makes a noise (I know, bizarre right). I'd imagine it's likely this that you're hearing.

Ok Process of elimination. I've tried it with my Samyang 12mm lens, the camera remote works well and there is no noise at all coming from the lens when the camera is switched on. So the noise is coming from the Fuji lens, The thing is I don't remember it making this noise before? I can best describe it as like white noise. I wish I hadn't fiddled about with things I know that much

Thank you

Turn on "shoot without lens", stick a lens cap (or a manual lens) on, and turn the camera back on. If the noise is gone, it's probably the OIS...

(Edit, whoops crossposted with you!)

Ok Process of elimination. I've tried it with my Samyang 12mm lens, the camera remote works well and there is no noise at all coming from the lens when the camera is switched on. So the noise is coming from the Fuji lens, The thing is I don't remember it making this noise before? I can best describe it as like white noise. I wish I hadn't fiddled about with things I know that much

Have you changed the AF settings at all? i.e. to continuous AF, pre-AF turned on etc

I don't have the 18-135, but I've seen posts about it making a "sea shell" type noise. Someone else who has the lens might be able to chip in?

You know what....I'm thinking perhaps it's always done it but I've just not noticed it before.....I'm ashamed to admit that :(

As you describe, it is like a "sea shell" type noise. I've investigated further on various forums and it does appear to be the case and as Ian says, turning off OIS makes no difference. I think that because I had been messing with the wifi aspect of it I assumed it was that causing the noise.

I have retreated to the corner with my dunces hat on. :rolleyes: Thanks everyone for your help:)

You know what....I'm thinking perhaps it's always done it but I've just not noticed it before.....I'm ashamed to admit that :(

As you describe, it is like a "sea shell" type noise. I've investigated further on various forums and it does appear to be the case and as Ian says, turning off OIS makes no difference. I think that because I had been messing with the wifi aspect of it I assumed it was that causing the noise.

I have retreated to the corner with my dunces hat on. :rolleyes: Thanks everyone for your help:)

Not at all, Maggie. That's what the forum is here for :)

As far as I remember this is normal in a number of Fuji lenses. Something to do with use of magnets to aid AF...

Whilst searching around looking for assistance I've found out that my camera firmware needs upgrading too, I'm still on 4.31

:agree: I would go back in blue hour and try a long exposure then... In fact, if I can work out where to stand I may do it myself, though I'm not in London very often :)

Heading south over London Bridge there is a staircase down on the east side. The second and third shots are from there, the first from a bit further east. I was rushing these a little and never thought to do a full long exposure. But I have a few from the same point and might try an average of those to lose the ripples.

Yeah I love the composition of #2 in particular. What's the big caged structure on the right of the frame?

The cage is the frame of the spiral staircase leading down from London Bridge to the Thames Walk. I hadn't noticed it was caged in when I went down, but it is probably to stop loonies trying to jump from the stairs to the walkway. No came on the other side so they can jump into the river if they feel like it.

Have you got AF in continuous? The dial on the front of the camera with m,c,s on it. If it's set to c set it to s.

Last edited:
OK, so I have a black X-T1 and 18-135mm on the way. Is it possible to have too much X gear? :D The refurb deals are too good to ignore.

It's never possible to have to much Fuji gear :fuji: says the man with 11 bodies and 8 zooms and 9 primes :LOL:

3 bodies and 3 zooms. Covers everything from 10mm up to 800 (with the telecons!) Prime lovers may need more.
And if you throw in a Samyang 8mm f2.8 and a couple of extension tubes you are well and truly covered :) (y)

That is if you not attracted to those beautiful Primes :LOL:

A few from this morning, I seem to find myself visiting the Kelpies a lot on Sunday mornings but it's my first visit with the X-T2

55-200 @110mm iso 1250

55-200 @110mm iso 1000

55-200 @55mm iso 250

14mm 3 shots stitch iso 200

55-200 @200mm iso 1600

And lastly a grab shot to show that Scottish Heron's aren't easily scared away
Lovely set of images and a great way to spend a Sunday morning (y)

Yes night time visits are good, bloody cold though!

Kelpies by barrysprout, on Flickr
Cracking image I must put it on my list ! I'm determined to try my best to visit Scotland this year it's such a beautiful and breath taking place.

Back