The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple shot taken when I was back home at downtown Nashville TN of The Music City Star with a little bit of info about the train service.

The Music City Star is a commuter rail service running between Nashville and Lebanon, Tennessee. The service uses the existing track of the Nashville and Eastern Railroad. The line currently has six stops: Riverfront Station, Donelson, Hermitage, Mount Juliet, Martha (State Route 109 and U.S. Highway 70), and Lebanon. The operation covers 32 miles (51 kilometres) of rail line. Service began on September 18, 2006.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/450th @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Music City Star-03087 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Cracking subject there George, I love the big American double stacked loco's [emoji106]

Still undecided about aiming for a XT2 body, so may look at possibility of adding another lens to my camera bag instead, something like a XF90 or the XF100-400, I already have a 55-200 so the 50-140 would be too close to what I already have.

Any advice guys n' gals ?

Thanks; Pete

Yep. Wait until you KNOW what you want.

Love that capture George, such a huge size train alright, double decker mode...... Chunky ok!

Many thanks for that Sir, much appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

Cracking subject there George, I love the big American double stacked loco's [emoji106]

George.

Still undecided about aiming for a XT2 body, so may look at possibility of adding another lens to my camera bag instead, something like a XF90 or the XF100-400, I already have a 55-200 so the 50-140 would be too close to what I already have.

Thanks; Pete
The 90mm is a lovely lens but only you know if you would use both of the 56 and 90mm. Again the 100-400 is a top notch lens but it is somewhat heavy in Fuji terms but if you want or lust after 40 0mm it's a no brainer
But of a curve ball this one but what about an infa red filter? It gives you shooting options during the hot sunny days. Drawbacks are the long exposure times the filter gives you. But it's a cheap way to.try it and if it appeals maybe a pro1 converted to infa red.
Should mention with infa red some lenses just aren't suitable due to hit spots. The 10-24 is not good not sure about your other lenses.

Just a simple shot taken when I was back home at downtown Nashville TN of The Music City Star with a little bit of info about the train service.

The Music City Star is a commuter rail service running between Nashville and Lebanon, Tennessee. The service uses the existing track of the Nashville and Eastern Railroad. The line currently has six stops: Riverfront Station, Donelson, Hermitage, Mount Juliet, Martha (State Route 109 and U.S. Highway 70), and Lebanon. The operation covers 32 miles (51 kilometres) of rail line. Service began on September 18, 2006.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/450th @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Music City Star-03087 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

100% American George, love it. As a child it used to fascinate me when trains ran along roads, still does I think!

100% American George, love it. As a child it used to fascinate me when trains ran along roads, still does I think!

George.

The Tornado passed through Settle this morning on the first of its scheduled runs along the Skipton to Appleby run. The first time a scheduled main-line service has been steam hauled for 50 years.
Tornado through Settle by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Thanks; Pete
I would go for the 100-400mm but I do like to shoot a bit of wildlife when I can but I have used it for landscape and even close up shots of poppies it would complete a excellent 4 lens kit covering everything from 10mm to 400mm :):fuji: plus you have the 56mm prime

Last edited:
Just got a "new" lens. A Cosmogon 58mm f2, which is, I understand, an export version of the Helios 44M made by KMZ for the US market, which must have been pretty small! I'm quite impressed with it. This was taken at f2.

Wormwheel by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Dear XT 2 owners

I've recently bought the XT2 and took it to do some wildlife ie birds, ducks etc to try out the focusing on fast moving objects. Not the best results! In fact a tad disappointing.Perfectly sharp on static subjects! What do you recommend to use for the best focus settings?

Dear XT 2 owners

I've recently bought the XT2 and took it to do some wildlife ie birds, ducks etc to try out the focusing on fast moving objects. Not the best results! In fact a tad disappointing.Perfectly sharp on static subjects! What do you recommend to use for the best focus settings?

I'll be watching the answers to this with interest, as I've had similar issues.

Dear XT 2 owners

I'll be watching the answers to this with interest, as I've had similar issues.

Practise! Centre focus point set to a suitable size. If using a wide point/area, make sure you've got a small enough aperture to give sufficient DoF. AF switch to C.

This could be of use to you.
http://fujifilm-x.com/af/en/

I set AF Mode to wide tracking, focus button to continuous, shooting mode to CH, and tweaked the AF-C Custom settings to what I thought appropriate. Centre focus point only.
Two days after release date I went to Oulton park with @Mr Perceptive of this parish. No time to practice, just underwent a bit of RTFM.
Came home with this, that is moving faster than a duck...

Car-#55
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

I took nearly 1300 shots in the day and kept a small proportion of that. You must accept that there will be wastage.

There are rumours that some guys shoot Formula One with the X-T2 and the 100-400 but I've never seen any results from there.

Practise! Centre focus point set to a suitable size. If using a wide point/area, make sure you've got a small enough aperture to give sufficient DoF. AF switch to C.
Do you use either of the four focus tracking settings?

Back