The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Mine is a K&F Concept (and is still for sale as the previous buyer has not committed) :)

I still don't get why fuji are developing a pro apsc line. Surely it will just devalue the x-t line. And it'll still be behind full frame in terms of shallow dof and ISO performance and "That full frame look" that some can see.

IMO they should go full frame mirrorless. Go after Sony. They'll smash them out the water in terms or ergonomics, style and consistent fm updates. Then they would have apsc, ff and medium format. Domination!! Lol

Unless Fuji have some magic on making lens, they may not want to make a XT1 size with FF sensor but still mount massive lens on them? i.e Sony A7ii?

I don't know ..... it looks like they not interest on FF at all.

You don't need to Frank I just have the 1D3 and the 100-400 to sell now plus a few other bits and bobs. Back on Fuji I'm determined to get he XT2 and 100-400 down to the airport very soon. I'll inbox them tonight and update the firmware so at least I know what they look like

Unless Fuji have some magic on making lens, they may not want to make a XT1 size with FF sensor but still mount massive lens on them? i.e Sony A7ii?

I don't know ..... it looks like they not interest on FF at all.

I agree ......Their medium format trumps FF for those who need ultimate quality.
And their APS is more than good enough for everyone else....and at a manageable size and weight.
there are advantage for FF over Aps but they are now marginal for all practical purposes.
Fuji are kings of where they are at ... why dilute their efforts?

I dunno, it's a dilemma. When I think of picking up a camera the Fuji is always first on my mind. When I'm processing I prefer the Canon output. I think I'm going to scale back my Fuji kit and just keep the X-T1 with a few primes for when I want to travel light. I've been trying to decide for ages now :D

I'm seriously tempted to sell both kits and get an A9! :eek:

Last edited:
I g
I agree ......Their medium format trumps FF for those who need ultimate quality.
And their APS is more than good enough for everyone else....and at a manageable size and weight.
there are advantage for FF over Aps but they are now marginal for all practical purposes.
Fuji are kings of where they are at ... why dilute their efforts?

I guess it can be argued both ways. A gripped xt2 starts to loose the size/weight advantage. Anyway - let a man dream :fuji:

My thinking for vacations and general shooting, is getting focal lengths at least around the 15-200mm range (in 35mm terms) or thereabouts. I'm therefore considering one of two lens line-ups and would appreciate peoples comments who have them. Note I'm not a massive prime sort of guy (although I might add a 35 or 50mm equivalent in the future), so am just for the time being considering these zoom packages.

Option 1
Keep the 18-55 F2.8-4 and add the Fujifilm 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 R LM OIS and the Fujifilm 10-24mm f4 R OIS XF - this would give me a 15-300mm equivalent.

Option 2

Sell the 18-55 F2.8-4 and instead, purchase the Fujifilm 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 WR LM R OIS, and compliment it with the Fujifilm 10-24mm f4 R OIS XF - this would give me a 15-205mm equivalent in a simpler two lens package (albeit the 18-135 would be a slower aperture lens).

Well 10-24 and 55-200 lenses purchased, based upon this forum's advice (hope you lot weren't pulling my leg :D)

That will do me for now - 15-300mm FL covered. Maybe in the months to come prime in the 35 or 50mm range but that will be it.

Too late for my tuppenyworth but I'll lob it in anyway. 10-24 and 18-135. Avoids the gap between wide and telephoto that your chosen option has left you with. All you need after those 2 lenses is the 100-400 (and maybe a teleconverter or 2!) and you'll go all the way in just 3 lenses.

I would agree that the 18-55 JUST edges the 18-135 in ultimate IQ but I doubt you'd notice any differences unless pixel peeping and the WR combined with the extra flexibility that the greater zoom range offers outweigh the marginal IQ difference. (For me, anyway!) If you want/need the shallow DoF look that a wider aperture lens can give you, get a fast prime (on an FF body)!

Too late for my tuppenyworth but I'll lob it in anyway. 10-24 and 18-135. Avoids the gap between wide and telephoto that your chosen option has left you with. All you need after those 2 lenses is the 100-400 (and maybe a teleconverter or 2!) and you'll go all the way in just 3 lenses.

My 3 main lenses, they've worked well for me(y)

Primes when I fancy using them.

Lots of pressure now, hope you like it, no frills, but does the job, even better comes with a good helping of ink to start with.

Have to admit I use third party inks, been buying from these people for about fifteen or more years http://www.prink.co.uk/canon-pixma-ip7250-ink-cartridges.php
No blockages or fading that I have noticed, genuine inks are prohibitively expensive for a hobbyist like me
Well I just got everything sorted to set it up and....

Nice printer - thank you :)

Well 10-24 and 55-200 lenses purchased, based upon this forum's advice (hope you lot weren't pulling my leg :D)

That will do me for now - 15-300mm FL covered. Maybe in the months to come prime in the 35 or 50mm range but that will be it.

Good choice. I found the 18-55mm more convenient than the 18-135mm lens to carry around and use. Equally, the 18-55mm performs quite a bit better than the superzoom, which is very good for what it is, but is aperture limited and displays a fair bit of CA (well at least my copy did). The 55-200mm is superb :)

I've not tried the 18-55, but on full frame always found the 24-70 type lenses to be neither wide enough nor close enough, which on Nikon is why I liked the 24-120, at least it only annoyed me at one end generally :)

I think you've got it right.

Getting back to the contentious meet.....
@Thunderbird010
@ChrisH
@robsea

...as I had train tickets I went to Manchester today. Was outside the Fire Station at 1PM. Quiet as a grave. Nothing happening at all. Peered through the gates to the inner yard...empty.
No filming activity at all. I now suspect trip was cancelled because he didn't have enough bookings. His refusal to talk to Chris about next Sunday makes me think he's waiting to see how many bookings he gets before Thursday, then he might cancel that as well.

Not very good.

Getting back to the contentious meet.....
@Thunderbird010
@ChrisH
@robsea

...as I had train tickets I went to Manchester today. Was outside the Fire Station at 1PM. Quiet as a grave. Nothing happening at all. Peered through the gates to the inner yard...empty.
No filming activity at all. I now suspect trip was cancelled because he didn't have enough bookings. His refusal to talk to Chris about next Sunday makes me think he's waiting to see how many bookings he gets before Thursday, then he might cancel that as well.

Not very good.
$hithou$e I've just looked on the website and there's now no dates at all for the firestation. Also I'm sure he had dates for Saturday the 6th and now there's a tour of cheethams school of music at 3pm on that day. Not looking good.

No I received the email late this afternoon sorry for that. The delay is because I feel menopausal at the moment, grumpy and about 500 degrees centigrade.

Think he was going to find out late today and let me know asap. Sadly being poorly my brain is even less functional than normal so just took it he would be getting back to me as soon as he knew but no reply yet ?

I'm off to bed I feel like s***, will see if I get a reply tomorrow.

I dunno, it's a dilemma. When I think of picking up a camera the Fuji is always first on my mind. When I'm processing I prefer the Canon output. I think I'm going to scale back my Fuji kit and just keep the X-T1 with a few primes for when I want to travel light. I've been trying to decide for ages now :D

I'm seriously tempted to sell both kits and get an A9! :eek:

If you are not getting the processing results you like from Fuji I suggest you are not at the end of your learning curve yet.
I say that because I see numerous example of astonishingly good results from Fuji X cameras.
So it can be done.

It is also true you can not process Fuji files the identical way you would process your canon ones It is also important to chose the Fuji profile not the Adobe one and also the various film profiles can make subtle but important differences. Probably the greatest difference is in how you sharpen the images.

Back