The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thing is, I hadn't even pressed the shutter, the camera just started fireing off as soon as I powered it on, as if in continuous burst mode! Very odd!
Yes i was thinking if had stuck before you switched off but if it was overheating switching off would have cooled it down the when you switched on residual memory might have finished the shoot,bizarre idea i know but cant think of anything else right now

I'm using original Fuji battery and a couple of third party batteries in the grip and I was wondering about that too, but is the camera firmware really that flaky? Unless you use Fuji batteries?

Until very recently I was using a couple of Hannel batteries in the grip and haven't had any lock ups. I'm also using a pair of SanDisk Extreme PRO 64 GB SDXC Memory Cards, which are rated at up to 95 MB/s.

Until very recently I was using a couple of Hannel batteries in the grip and haven't had any lock ups. I'm also using a pair of SanDisk Extreme PRO 64 GB SDXC Memory Cards, which are rated at up to 95 MB/s.
Yes but Steve were you shooting similarly ,because until you put it under more extreme testing, errors might not show up if at all

Yes but Steve were you shooting similarly ,because until you put it under more extreme testing, errors might not show up if at all

I've run 4k video, and been shooting in boost mode at the higher frame rate. Just pointing out that in the 6 months or so I've had the T2, I've never had it lock up. I have only used the "S" battery in the body, but used 3rd party units in the grip, and my cards are "only" 95mbps. I think some bodies seem more prone than others....

@robsea @mickledore We probably new already but Sunday is definately off, had an email this morning advising that no more tours until end of this month/June.

Have a think about a Plan B!!

Surprise, surprise.
He's a barsteward. I've bought train tickets for two consecutive weekends for this shyster to cancel bacase he CBA turning up. Come to think of it, Andy, you found the link. Think you could be responsible!!!
My tickets are non refundable so I come or lose the cost. Think @robsea is the same. My train arrives at Piccadilly at 12:15 and leaves at 16:68. I'm happy to come and have a wander round. Never did have a Plan B!!!

@ChrisH make sure you get a refund, for both of us(y)

Will do it as soon as I get home and he will be getting a very rude email off me. I've been ill for days and was looking forward to it. I may just try and contact the owners direct.

I've not had that email yet. Yes none refundable train tickets, train arrives around 11.30. As with @mickledore no plan B. Meet somewhere at the station and have a wander around perhaps.

I don't suppose he used the "unexpected filming" lie this time did he?

Rob..meet underneath the big train departure board on the main concourse? Takes about 5 minutes to get from my platform, which is closer to Brum than Manchester!

I don't suppose he used the "unexpected filming" lie this time did he?

Rob..meet underneath the big train departure board on the main concourse? Takes about 5 minutes to get from my platform, which is closer to Brum than Manchester!

Sounds good [emoji106]

Hi guys, I've been using my XT-2 for several mouths now as a second camera to my Canon 5D3 for events photography. I deliberately decided to use the XT-2 more than the Canon this weekend to shoot a charity event. This was quite a fast paced shoot and I was constantly moving around to different locations and using the camera in Continuous AF with both the 16-55mm lens and the 100-400mm lens.

On quite a number of occasions I found the camera simply locked up and the focus joystick stopped working and sometimes all controls stopped too. The only way to fix this was cycled the power. There didn't seem to be any particular pattern to this behaviour. But it obviously meant I missed quite a number of shoots when it happened!

Then later that day I swapped to the 100-400 lens and the camera just started shooting on its own, as if in burst mode when I switched it on. This was very disconcerting and the only way to fix this was cycled the power again. I was using the battery grip in boost mode.

I was wondering if others have experienced these issues?

Something doesn't sound right. I also use the same card (I do have the 2000x version as well) and use the 's' battery in the camera with 3rd party batteries in the grip. I've not had any locks ups as yet or the shutter problem. What were the battery levels like at the time?

Dear Chris,

I am so sorry but I have been informed there is still filming taking place at London Road Fire Station this weekend that prevents access for tours. There will be access towards the end of the month and in June.

I sincerely apologise but this is out of my hands as it is not my building. I understand about the train tickets.

Please hold the tickets until the later dates which I will announce within the week or treat them as gift vouchers for any of my other tours here: http://www.jonathanschofieldtours.com

Last edited:
Chris. Tickets were £10. I asked for a refund and he said no problem. Just to be on the safe side I put the transaction into dispute with PayPal. Refund came pretty promptly.
You can give me back the nice crisp tenner I gave you in Brum!!!!

No sign if filming last weekend and I suspect there will be no sign this weekend either.

Not in the best of moods or health at the moment, I'll ask him for a refund and to keep me in touch, just hate people being messed about.

Edited my bad temper out of last post

Sorry I call bulls hit

Fellas let me know by pm how much your tickets where because i'm furious and think he's lying. I'm going to push him for a refund of travel costs too. I will be there on Sunday and will go have a look at the Fire station and if possible talk to security.

My transport costs for the two weekends are approx £30. Depends how narky I get on Sunday. I might send him an invoice. Could threaten Small Claims Court. If there is no filming then he is lying unless he can produce the correspondence.
I might get antsy with him or I might just put it down to experience. Might join Facebook then I can blast him on there! !!

Sod it. I got antsy. He taking the proverbial.
I've written to him asking for a refund of my travel costs - £26.65.
We shall see what he says....if he ever replies.

If filming is taking place at the venue, it doesn't necessarily mean it was that weekend. They'll film during the week usually, they wouldn't want to take any set etc. down over the weekend if filming isn't finished.

Agreed. But he should be able to produce evidence that he was prevented from taking these tours as opposed to CBA turning up because he didn't have enough takers.

If filming is taking place at the venue, it doesn't necessarily mean it was that weekend. They'll film during the week usually, they wouldn't want to take any set etc. down over the weekend if filming isn't finished.
Once they've set up, they don't like to waste any days. They will work Saturday if necessary. Although they try to avoid Sundays. I've been on enough film sets to know Directors' whims!

Well, I've had a nice, polite, exchange of mails with the guy. I'm no nearer knowing what is happening, and suspect we will never know the full story. Building companies, film companies, property management companies who knows. Phone calls and e-mails have been referred to. It may be that he genuinely doesn't know either, he just has a funny way of going about things.
So I suggest that you all ask for a refund, because as far as I can see there is no guarantee of when, or even if, these tours will start again.
And I'm not going to get my train fares back!!!
Think that's the end of that.

Dear Chris,

I am so sorry but I have been informed there is still filming taking place at London Road Fire Station this weekend that prevents access for tours. There will be access towards the end of the month and in June.

I sincerely apologise but this is out of my hands as it is not my building. I understand about the train tickets.

Please hold the tickets until the later dates which I will announce within the week or treat them as gift vouchers for any of my other tours here: http://www.jonathanschofieldtours.com
I've just had the same email now even though he sent one earlier replying to mine I sent at the weekend.

Progress. We've been having a long chat by e-mail and he's invited all of us on to a free tour on any of his trips whenever we fancy.

Wait and see how the land lies after my op.

I forgive him. Think he's been messed about a bit as well.

Here's a 100% crop of the Screamer picture I took on Sunday.

Quite impressed actually...

Screamer2 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Yes it's a bit noisey, but I managed to under expose and at 1600 ISO that starts to tell, but the detail, seeing as it's 100% crop is pretty good, and I managed to get the eye in focus, even if you can't see it properly in the original image...

Last edited:
Back