The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The app is good when it works but I've found it totally unreliable for those shots when I want to put myself in the picture - it drops the signal far too easily (same problem with X-T3 and X-T2). You can still use it from a considerable distance but not if the signal has been broken for any reason (like phone in pocket to leave hands free, or walking behind a physical obstruction) and unless somebody can tell me differently it will not re-establish the connection without hands-on the actual camera. This is quite frankly a PITA when you've just climbed/scrambled/rowed into position. The image below is one that I really wanted to take with the Fuji - apart from anything else the app would have really helped with composition - but I lost signal as soon as the phone went into my pocket (so I could row!) and then had to paddle back - and walk back to the car to retrieve my Nikon and wireless remote to get the shot.

I use a SMDV RFN-4S remote for the Nikon - a fantastic piece of kit that has never let me down but they don't seem to make it for Fuji. Looking on eBay and this looks like it would do a similar job but I'd welcome any recommendations for a reliable wireless remote for the X-T3!

Midnight Paddle
by Brian M, on Flickr

Nikon or Fuji (and I know, it's Nikon!) this has a fantastic atmosphere as well as being a significant technical challenge. Great job!

Nikon or Fuji (and I know, it's Nikon!) this has a fantastic atmosphere as well as being a significant technical challenge. Great job!
That's appreciated Dave, thank you. I did take some test images with the Fuji at ISO3200 before the remote issues and although I haven't processed them yet, they look great on the back of the camera.

Excellent Ash. Was this set up? The guy looks like a model and might be advertising Ray Ban. Or as Trevor says he could be a spy!
Anyhow, a great shot and I continue to admire your work.

I nearly used a wee sweary word then. That is a belter.

Thanks Ian, I'm pretty pleased with it given street portraits is not my thing really.

Fab. Looks like a promo shot for a spy movie.

Yeah, he realy had that look about him.

Excellent Ash. Was this set up? The guy looks like a model and might be advertising Ray Ban. Or as Trevor says he could be a spy!
Anyhow, a great shot and I continue to admire your work.

Nope, not a set up. Saw him coming towards me so turned and followed him back to the pedestrian crossing, got lucky that we had to wait for a bit!

My first thought was Marlboro Man! Great processing here

NO the best light yesterday, so tried shooting some street porraits instead of my usual "style"

Now, strange as it seems from a Fujiholic, I'm not generally a fan of "Street", but this is excellent. Very nice shot indeed....

No Longer Available.

George.

Last edited:
I hope there's a sale on batteries, cause my XT3 is killing them.

I just picked up 3 x pro ultra whites for £40 from amazon.

Wex also have 10% off selected X Mount lenses. I'm so very close to saying goodbye to my D7200, will see if any more deals appear tomorrow!
Thanks! Unless anything better appears tomorrow I’ll be ordering a 23mmf2!

Thanks! Unless anything better appears tomorrow I’ll be ordering a 23mmf2!

I was considering that lens myself, even though the Fuji double cashback clearly isn't going to happen this year. But I'm confused - Wex appear to be offering £45 on the lens - and quote a price of "£364.00 inc. £45 cashback" - but when added to the basket it deducts only £40.90 and gives a balance of £368.10.

That issue aside, presumably another £45 is then claimable from Fuji as cashback?

Edit: Stoopid me. Worked it out now. Wex offering 10% discount hence £368.10. Then £45 claimable from Fuji. Very tempting.

Last edited:
That’s it! It seems like a few other places are offering that too, so hopefully I can pop in to LCE today and pick one up!

Hi All - wondering if I could get some advice. Sent my 14mm into WEX as a p/ex on a 16mm and just had a call from them to say that they have noted moisture in the lens. I can't say that I ever saw this so I'm at a loss to explain what's happening.

I've asked them to send it back to me so I can look at it and get any problems sorted. I bought the lens in Jan 2017 from a UK Fuji dealer so arguably still under the 2 year EU warranty. Just wondered the best way of contacting Fuji to try and get it sorted out. Is there a good way of speaking contacting the right people who can advise on getting it sorted (preferably under warranty). I've looked for numbers etc and they seem to be generic ones.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice.

Dave

Hi All - wondering if I could get some advice. Sent my 14mm into WEX as a p/ex on a 16mm and just had a call from them to say that they have noted moisture in the lens. I can't say that I ever saw this so I'm at a loss to explain what's happening.

I've asked them to send it back to me so I can look at it and get any problems sorted. I bought the lens in Jan 2017 from a UK Fuji dealer so arguably still under the 2 year EU warranty. Just wondered the best way of contacting Fuji to try and get it sorted out. Is there a good way of speaking contacting the right people who can advise on getting it sorted (preferably under warranty). I've looked for numbers etc and they seem to be generic ones.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice.

Dave
This :
+44 (0)1234 572064

A reworked image from last year.

T2 & 35mm f1.4 wide open. For the money, it's a great lens.

This was processed in LR with a bit of work in PS. You can tell, as it's covered in worms :rolleyes:

:fuji:

DSCF4218 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Not to mention Artifacts!

Back