The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

What software? it's done a very nice job. You could pass this as ISO 800 easily.

Really good Fujigraph Sir, well composed, nicely handled exposure, good colour, and a nice bit of human interest.(y)

"Really good quality even at 6400 ISO, had you not mentioned it I would never have suspected the high ISO"

George.

Thank you both.

Initially through Define and then Franzis Denoise. A relatively light touch on both.

My Fuji XT1 is faulty :(. LCD Has dead pixels in many places and only bought it this week. Bit fed up of the luck I'm having with the Fuji. Took some shots this morning. and torn as was going to move away due to the issues but I love the look of the results. My eyes tell me these are really sharp. Are my eyes lying to me? lol

All taken with XT1, 55-200mm and iso1600

2i0qarp.jpg

989a4w.jpg

5btd0l.jpg

2ngeiyg.jpg

2j3kwpe.jpg

2ps4s5x.jpg

@FujiMatt Fuji are not known for unreliability, you seem to have some bad luck. BI posted on one of your other threads (studio one) a link to Fuji Service. Buy from reputable people/sellers and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you like the output and the glass, stick with it.

This was from LCE and got the body for £360 delivered. Comes with 6 months warranty but this isn't covered so only option I have is to send it back. I have contacted Fuji and they said £140 and 10 working days to fix the LCD. Just toying with the idea of asking for a partial refund (already asked if they would replace the LCD and been told no) and then sticking with it and if it gets worse at some point in the future then would just have to put some to the partial refund to get it fixed.

Matt

This was from LCE and got the body for £360 delivered. Comes with 6 months warranty but this isn't covered so only option I have is to send it back. I have contacted Fuji and they said £140 and 10 working days to fix the LCD. Just toying with the idea of asking for a partial refund (already asked if they would replace the LCD and been told no) and then sticking with it and if it gets worse at some point in the future then would just have to put some to the partial refund to get it fixed. I know you cant get an accurate shutter count off these but the filenames are showing 1319 after the letters so seems like its had little use.

Matt

Don't know why. I've quoted myself ha

This was from LCE and got the body for £360 delivered. Comes with 6 months warranty but this isn't covered so only option I have is to send it back. I have contacted Fuji and they said £140 and 10 working days to fix the LCD. Just toying with the idea of asking for a partial refund (already asked if they would replace the LCD and been told no) and then sticking with it and if it gets worse at some point in the future then would just have to put some to the partial refund to get it fixed.

Matt

Can't believe the LCD is not covered under warranty, that's a poor show from LCE - sort of defeats what warranty is for. I'd send it back and get a full refund, £360-£400 buys you plenty of other X-T1's

Can't believe the LCD is not covered under warranty, that's a poor show from LCE - sort of defeats what warranty is for. I'd send it back and get a full refund, £360-£400 buys you plenty of other X-T1's

Basically they have said its a common issue with cameras so best to send it back and get a refund. I did say that if they sell it on they will face the same problem with the next buyer as its so obvious and they said "Unfortunatly dead pixels on LCD screens are quite common and does not affect the image quality. As you are not happy, we think it is best to give you a refund"

Seems like they will refund me and then try their luck at selling it to someone who isn't bothered. Which ironically is probably what I am , a second/third etc customer who has noticed.

Basically they have said its a common issue with cameras so best to send it back and get a refund. I did say that if they sell it on they will face the same problem with the next buyer as its so obvious and they said "Unfortunatly dead pixels on LCD screens are quite common and does not affect the image quality. As you are not happy, we think it is best to give you a refund"

Seems like they will refund me and then try their luck at selling it to someone who isn't bothered. Which ironically is probably what I am , a second/third etc customer who has noticed.

Well on 8 Fuji bodies I've never experienced dead pixels on the LCD screen. I agree that it doesn't affect IQ, but its bl**dy annoying. Send it back, get the refund, repurchase from elsewhere.

I think I may stick with fuji as love the colours and with the grid , it fits my hands perfectly. Now to decide if to send it back or just stick with it as could buy another used one and have other issues. If sticking with Fuji , I will buy the XT2 over the next few months anyway so this could be a second body or something.

Matt

@FujiMatt, is this just one dead pixel, or a number of them?

I would suggest a number of them may indicate it hadn't been looked after beforehand and that may be subject to warranty (as they haven't tested it properly etc). I've had dozens of digital cameras, and never had one dead pixel, although I know it can happen.

It looks like 4 pixels all in one spot. Any see it being 1 pixel as I can see it clearly and wouldn’t have thought I would be able to see a single pixel?

Matt

Well I have had a reply from LCE after I asked them for a partial refund as they can’t sell this surely at the sane price to the next customer and have had this reply..

“We feel that it would be best to return the camera to us for a refund. As we had already discounted the camera we would be unable to offer a partial refund. ”

Inconvenient but think I will return it and have to look at another one from somewhere else.

Well I have had a reply from LCE after I asked them for a partial refund as they can’t sell this surely at the sane price to the next customer and have had this reply..

“We feel that it would be best to return the camera to us for a refund. As we had already discounted the camera we would be unable to offer a partial refund. ”

Inconvenient but think I will return it and have to look at another one from somewhere else.

Send it back and buy one elsewhere, just put it down to bad luck on this one.

Yeah think I’m going to actually. Can’t understand their logic. Almost makes me think they knew this before sending it me and hoped I’d not notice and they will rinse/repeat when I send it back until somebody doesn’t notice. Don’t think I’ll shop there again.

Yeah think I’m going to actually. Can’t understand their logic. Almost makes me think they knew this before sending it me and hoped I’d not notice and they will rinse/repeat when I send it back until somebody doesn’t notice. Don’t think I’ll shop there again.

I know I won’t :/

I know I won’t :/

I’m not a fan of LCE either, only ever purchased 2 used items from them, both faulty, returned for a refund. It’s just a waste of everyone’s time as they either don’t test used equipment or just hope no one notices they’re faulty.

I think they hope nobody notices. Oh well you live and learn.

Matt

My Fuji XT1 is faulty :(. LCD Has dead pixels in many places and only bought it this week. Bit fed up of the luck I'm having with the Fuji. Took some shots this morning. and torn as was going to move away due to the issues but I love the look of the results. My eyes tell me these are really sharp. Are my eyes lying to me? lol

All taken with XT1, 55-200mm and iso1600

2i0qarp.jpg

989a4w.jpg

5btd0l.jpg

2ngeiyg.jpg

2j3kwpe.jpg

2ps4s5x.jpg
Matt- I'd get shot of that XT-1. I'm sure I can see some worms! ;)

Seriously though - I agree with the other comments. If the handling of the XT works for you and you like the look of the output I'd return this one and get another of your choosing.

Instead of one from the top of Catbells at sunrise one of Catbells at Sunrise.

Cat Bells by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Fuji X-T2 & 16-55 f2.8
(y)

That's a very nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed, good lead on from the path, nice light & sky, and with some good receding plains.(y)

George.

Keep an eye on the classifieds, just sold my X-T1 on there for the same sort of price, came with a few extras and nothing dead or even slightly poorly.
Know of another one with a few extras for roughly the same sort of money

You could have had a dead parrot sketch type conversation with LCE over that pixel :) Glad you got the refund sorted out

Last edited:
Keep an eye on the classifieds, just sold my X-T1 on there for the same sort of price, came with a few extras and nothing dead or even slightly poorly.
Know of another one with a few extras for roughly the same sort of money

You could have had a dead parrot sketch type conversation with LCE over that pixel :) Glad you got the refund sorted out
I can’t access the classifieds yet :(

Back