The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Last edited:
Lovely :) the only thing I would try here is to push the shadows and exp a teensy bit to make it 'pop' a little more. But very nice perspective

Loch an Eilein II
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

Slightly happier with it now I have to say. The light was so poor on the day, this has really pushed the limits of the image in LR and I'm not sure it's overstepped the mark slightly tbh. That said, it's certainly a marked improvement on the original.

Loch an Eilein II
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

Slightly happier with it now I have to say. The light was so poor on the day, this has really pushed the limits of the image in LR and I'm not sure it's overstepped the mark slightly tbh. That said, it's certainly a marked improvement on the original.

Ah yeah, much better, more life and colour to it :)

View attachment 114039 View attachment 114040

Just having a quick try out using my New editing software, ACDSee Studio Professional 2018 :) Not great shots but will find some 2moz to take and edit.
I've been trialing that, and I love it! Not really tested the cataloguing etc, but going from develope to edit within one program is great. Love the Orton preset too [emoji14]

Last edited:
Autumn;

Autumn by APM Photography, on Flickr

Beautiful portrait of an alert and obviously intelligent dog with the muted autumn colours adding to it. Obviously a personal view, but I think removing the bright green foliage at the top would enhance the mood of the photograph even more.

My third trip out with the X-T2, this time to Salford Quays on a beautiful November evening.

20171105-172904-DSCF0349-Edit-X-T2.jpg by Paul White, on Flickr

20171105-175628-DSCF0367-X-T2.jpg by Paul White, on Flickr

20171105-181339-DSCF0386-Edit-X-T2.jpg by Paul White, on Flickr

20171105-182504-DSCF0396-X-T2.jpg by Paul White, on Flickr

20171105-183245-DSCF0406-Edit-X-T2.jpg by Paul White, on Flickr

Very nice set of Fujigraphs Sir, likin’ all of these very much.(y)

George.

My first proper edit using ACDSee, used smart erase to get rid of a bin in seconds, now off to try some busker shots.

St Peters Church by David Ore, on Flickr

That's a nice Fujigraph Sir, well balanced composition, with some good texture & nice autumn colours.(y)

"I don't know if its showing on your monitor but on mine there appears to be some banding in the sky areas. I don't think its very slight cloud but then of course I could well be wrong"

George.

I can see the banding in the sky as well but for me, the bigger problem is the large expanse of wall that's been (rather clumsily IMO) cloned, presumably to remove the bin. Shame the right hand side of the building is chopped off too.

That's a nice Fujigraph Sir, well balanced composition, with some good texture & nice autumn colours.(y)

"I don't know if its showing on your monitor but on mine there appears to be some banding in the sky areas. I don't think its very slight cloud but then of course I could well be wrong"

George.

Thank you George, this was more a quick test using ACDSee :)

I can see the banding in the sky as well but for me, the bigger problem is the large expanse of wall that's been (rather clumsily IMO) cloned, presumably to remove the bin. Shame the right hand side of the building is chopped off too.

I could not clone out the cars from the rhs so cropped a bit to tight, I will get better though as I learn how to use ACDSee :)

Just a quick beach hut shot, sacked ACDSee and got my money back, so I am just having Another trial of Affinity Photo, this was not done in AP.

Hove Huts by David Ore, on Flickr

That's a nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed, with some lovely vibrant colours.(y)

George.

High ISO shot from X-T2 at 6400 de-noised

Lightning Brief
by jamiewednesday1, on Flickr

Really good Fujigraph Sir, well composed, nicely handled exposure, good colour, and a nice bit of human interest.(y)

"Really good quality even at 6400 ISO, had you not mentioned it I would never have suspected the high ISO"

George.

Last edited:
What did you not like about ACDsee? i was going to give it a trial

Nothing wrong with either of the ACDSee, both are great but I just changed my mind. I had already tried the trial of Affinity Photo, but as I wanted another 10 days I have been trying it again with a view to buying it tomorrow, just to work along side of LR/PSE15 :)

Nothing wrong with either of the ACDSee, both are great but I just changed my mind. I had already tried the trial of Affinity Photo, but as I wanted another 10 days I have been trying it again with a view to buying it tomorrow, just to work along side of LR/PSE15 :)

How do you find them in comparison to LR? I've been using that so long I find other editors can feel a bit 'clunky' - but, it's just a matter of getting used to them I guess.

Back