Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

I reckon I could join your " slower than a sloth" focus club..

Also to state the obvious Macvisual (Pete), the new F has the 24 mp sensor, same as the XT2 and XP2. I think you'd love an X100 in your bag [emoji106]

I've managed to resist buying the F so far...... but it's only a matter of time
Thanks Gregg, for the price of a new 'F' I could buy a new XP2 or a refurbed XT2!

Decisions decisions . . . . . . . ( ? )

Ok, advice please from youse X100 shooters;

I quite fancy the X100T, I've never owned any of the X100 models, I've got the XT1 and had the XP1/XE1/XE2 in the past so I know the Fuji system very well.

So is the X100T worth getting over the standard X100 or the X100s models...?

Appreciate any feedback/replies on this. Cheers

Thanks;
Peter

IMO - Yes!

Had the X100 and did like it. Great IQ, compact (compared to a dslr), but did find it a pain moving the focus point and generally slow IQ.

I sold it and a bit later got an S from the fuji store but returned it as it was still a bit slow. Then got the T and have kept it ever since (although the F is tempting but too much to change). The AF is pretty good, not DSLR like but fine enough. It has its limits, but if you can afford the T I say get it.

my pain continues...charged the battery yesterday, put it back in the camera. Everything turned off. Turned the camera on this morning and the battery is completely flat - i don't have a spare battery with me so will have to wait until i get home tonight but this isn't normal surely ?

my pain continues...charged the battery yesterday, put it back in the camera. Everything turned off. Turned the camera on this morning and the battery is completely flat - i don't have a spare battery with me so will have to wait until i get home tonight but this isn't normal surely ?

Not normal, I went to the Isle of Mull for a week, put the X100 (with part charged battery) in the car, managed to leave my camera bag behind!! Eeeked out a week with the part charged battery,

Thanks Al, will have a look when I go home at lunchtime to see if that mode is on or not..

I added a soft shutter release and have the Fuji case too like the guy in the link..so fingers crossed that's the answer

Last edited:
Thanks Al, will have a look when I go home at lunchtime to see if that mode is on or not..

I added a soft shutter release and have the Fuji case too like the guy in the link..so fingers crossed that's the answer

Worth remembering that you can also charge the "T" from USB.

Never had a problem with flat batteries with the camera before so fingers crossed it's that soft release button catching on the case.
The offer of returning it for your money back is there buddy but hope it's just that button.

Thanks Glen, I appreciate the offer.

Had a look at the SR button and it sits about 3-4mm above the top of the body. Looking at the inside of the case, there's impressions from the hot shoe so as it is already snug, I guess that in high performance mode the camera sleeps for up to 24 minutes before going off and depressing the shutter constantly for that time would empty the battery ?

Have removed the SRB and turned off HP mode and am monitoring...

Just to update... camera is still fully charged this morning :banana: so it must have been the combination of soft release button and Fuji case. Apologies to @Gadget-Guy for the panic but also huge thanks to Glen for his generous offer.

I'll get on and look for a proper case now...perhaps the NG one suggested on the previously page

Assuming my Really Right Stuff base plate does not fit my F I will be listing this if anyone is looking for one. It makes the handling of the T much better

Just to update... camera is still fully charged this morning :banana: so it must have been the combination of soft release button and Fuji case. Apologies to @Gadget-Guy for the panic but also huge thanks to Glen for his generous offer.

I'll get on and look for a proper case now...perhaps the NG one suggested on the previously page

Pleased its ok @damianmkv

when i first started reading up about the x100, i saw lots of posts about how soft it is at f2 - in fact, i took a test shot in the kitchen on Tuesday and it confirmed it. F2.8 and down were great..Then i read more and it seemed close subjects are where the issue is.

So today, i went for a boring walk

x100T f2 sharpness test by damianmkv, on Flickr

excuse the selective colour :police: but i thought this was ok, no PP apart from a little crop.

and one from a bit down the path, this is on the way to the manor house used in Downton

chainsaw massacre by damianmkv, on Flickr

nothing special but atleast i finally took a snap or 2

My friend had soft release on his x100t ,went home one day after taking it out in his bag and found around 200 shots of the inside of his canera bag lol,sounds like
youve found the cause to me

Looks like it - time to take some photos ( once I've fiddled more )

Oh, the b&w shots look a bit flat and lacking in punch - which setting do people use ?

Looks like it - time to take some photos ( once I've fiddled more )

Oh, the b&w shots look a bit flat and lacking in punch - which setting do people use ?

For the T try

B&W Red
Sharpness +2
Highlights +1
Shadows +2
Noise -2

This works well up to ISO 3200.

Obviously this is JPEG only but I don't PP my B&W shots as I can't beat this from RAW.

For those interested latest vlog is a bit of a Fuji X100T love in :) Certainly my favourite, go everywhere, camera .... love the focal length, love the features and portability .... and now finally having gotten my arse in gear to get the adapter I can now use my Formatt Hitech filters with it ....

Enjoyed that, thanks. Having just got my T this week, can I ask what you have for your filter system ?

Presumably a 49mm circular 4-stop but what else is needed for the hitech ? Did you say a 3 stop soft grad ?

Enjoyed that, thanks. Having just got my T this week, can I ask what you have for your filter system ?

Presumably a 49mm circular 4-stop but what else is needed for the hitech ? Did you say a 3 stop soft grad ?

Thanks ...

so I'm using the Formatt Hitech 100mm filter system so adapters (yes 49mm) then allow me to use my standard filters that I also use on the other Fuji cameras I own. I have a set of grads (resin) and then a 4 stop, 10 stop and 16 stop Firecrest ND .... I'm looking to swap out the grads for a couple of firecrest grads in the future (reverse, soft edge and hard edge 2 stop most likely )

Edit - the Polariser sits on the front of the 100mm adapter system so again can be used on all of my cameras ..

Shame it wasn't black as £13 is a bargain.

Had my first " thought you liked new cameras ? Why have you got something so old ?" comment today..

Do the T it's the NG Africa. On offer at the minute at £15

Mine has arrived today..I'd say it's a bit more snug than I'd like - quite how they can say it's suitable for csc and 1 lens is a mystery to me.

I really have to push the camera in to get it to fit so that's £20 not well spent..

Send it back. The number of bags I've bought and kept, but not used is ridiculous. They should have a returns policy?

They do but they don't like the x100 range in their "suitable for" description..they list other cameras though so will check their sizes

Edit - there is an email address on the Manfrotto website which gets bounced back as out is use since 2016 so I'll have to call them..clearly the description of the product of csc / point and shoot is ok. But it says number of lenses - 1 and there is way you could fit a lens and body in this case.

Last edited:
Bag returned....

Man with new camera seeks somewhere to stick it. Must be good fit but not too tight. Roomy but not too wide. Perhaps looking for space to bring others in as needs change..

Back