Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Yes, he makes a good practice model

Yes, he makes a good practice model
OOO ey up you, what you bought now :)
Well come to think of it so did i, went to Sweden on business and Currys in Manchester Airport had them all XT2 XT20 and X100F so i grabbed the X100F, loving the Arcos bought the lens hood from Amazon when i got hime yesterday and got my self a nice little red button for soft shutter.

Now to learn it....

Not changed the other system, Rob...yet... the X100T took me a week or 2 before I got the hang of it but am really enjoying it now. Thinking it will be a novelty to take it on holiday as I usually take all my m43 stuff

I'm going to invest in the formatt travel system I think, I don't want to spend loads so hope it will suit

Unless you are desperate for grads, I'd buy a 49mm 6 stop ND and polariser, with the 3 stop in built ND, that gives you 3, 6 and 9 options and the polariser can be used for another 1-3 stops giving you up to 12 stop potential. Obviously you can use the polariser as a polariser on its own as well.

If you want grads then you'll need a 'system'

I've got a Canon G5X which I use as a pocket camera for when I'm out & about or weekends away, although I find it a nice camera I'm thinking of trading it in for an X100F, anybody have any thoughts?

I've got a Canon G5X which I use as a pocket camera for when I'm out & about or weekends away, although I find it a nice camera I'm thinking of trading it in for an X100F, anybody have any thoughts?

You'll get a lot of favourable feedback in here :)

Biggest question for yourself is can you live with a single fixed focal length. Set your cannon to 23mm and tape it in place and see how that feels the next time you go out.

Ive tried loads Martin last 2 were Sony RX100mk3 and TZ100 from Lumix, this X100F i have although fixed focal length is great, easy to use takes amazing black and white surreal really, dont need silver FX or Tonality

Also remember although its crop it does do 50mm and 70mm Teleconverter mode, and you can get an additional lens for the front which will take you up to a true 50mm... Also it looks awesome..

I was so tempted by the x100f being sold for £990 that I called to buy it, however, it had already been sold this morning [emoji853]

Just taken delivery of the fujifilm 18-55 f3.5 for my x-pro2 seems really nice, can't wait to get out & start using it I got to use as a walk around whilst on holidays

Just had a crash course in leaf shutter and over exposure, took some pictures weekend of daffodils at F2 over exposed and couldn't work out why, after posting on dpreview I was told that the max shutter the cameras will use is 1000 at F2 you can manually select 4000 but it gives poor bokeh with weird artefacts , all down to the leaf shutter, hence why we have the 3 stop Nd filter... I really need to read the manual more LOL

So rule of thumb is when your shooting F2 upwards and you get the red indicator in the evf engage the Nd filter.

I presume you all knew this but I didn't, any of you work around it in other ways?

It's the way I do it - sometimes I ignore the red "oi change your settings", it depends what I want.

I have the nd assigned to a Fn button for easy access.

Just had a crash course in leaf shutter and over exposure, took some pictures weekend of daffodils at F2 over exposed and couldn't work out why, after posting on dpreview I was told that the max shutter the cameras will use is 1000 at F2 you can manually select 4000 but it gives poor bokeh with weird artefacts , all down to the leaf shutter, hence why we have the 3 stop Nd filter... I really need to read the manual more LOL

So rule of thumb is when your shooting F2 upwards and you get the red indicator in the evf engage the Nd filter.

I presume you all knew this but I didn't, any of you work around it in other ways?

Can't remember the last time I read a manual - so thanks for this!

It's the way I do it - sometimes I ignore the red "oi change your settings", it depends what I want.

I have the nd assigned to a Fn button for easy access.
Same here D ive set it to the FN key...

just got the lens hood and soft release button, looking real retro now.

Must attach mine now I have a bigger bag ( I got the mirrorless mover 10 for half price )

Still looking for a WCL in black..

where u get it half price, i use the lowe pro sling at the mo

Bought it from another forum, think it had been used once or twice so it is basically new

Deleted sorted it....

Last edited:
Well I'm feeling a little sad today. Sent my X100t off to MPB as I'm trading it in for a Nikon Dslr :( I'll miss my fantastic little Fuji, I've captured some beautiful pictures with it. Sadly I just couldn't live forever with a fixed focal length, but it served me well! I considered going for a Fuji system but cost was prohibitive! I'll just have to stare at your beautiful Fuji photos from afar!

Nice X100T for sale on the WEX website for £729:

Used Fuji X100T Digital Camera - Black
Refurbished by the Manufacturer to original specifications. Condition of goods: Shows fairly heavy wear including surface scratches across the screen (which do not significantly affect viewing) and a small crack on the bottom left corner of the screen, approximately 5mm diagonally across the bottom corner. There are also scratches to the paintwork on the bottom panel, and around the shutter release screw thread. Camera is otherwise clean and complete with all original accessories. Condition of packaging: Heavier wear and tear.

Probably an early 1st April jape!

Just a quick mention and hope it's allowed, but I've put some X100t accessories up for sale in the classifieds, Lensmate thumb rest, lens mate soft shutter release, genuine Fuji lens hood and a 49mm Formatt hitech firecrest uv filter!

Back