Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Spent the last few days reading this thread - there are some cracking images.

Is there a supply problem with the F at the moment ? My retailers of choice can't seem to get any stock.

Yes, there is a sensor shortage, caused by Sony factory issues several months ago, so all Fuji X-Trans III camera's are in relatively short supply.

From what I've heard its not the sensor shortage thats the issue, that was sorted long ago, it was almost a year ago the earthquake.
From whats being said by some of the retailers it seems more a case that demand has far outstripped supply since its release.

From what I've heard its not the sensor shortage thats the issue, that was sorted long ago, it was almost a year ago the earthquake.
From whats being said by some of the retailers it seems more a case that demand has far outstripped supply since its release.

From what I've seen most people seem to be looking for a cheap T rather than a new F :)

Seem to be supply issues, however the airports seem to have them in duty free Heathrow and Manchester both have them...

OK, all you X100F users - could you enlighten me please

The digital teleconverter - how good is it in reality?
You see, I'm thinking that just maybe I might be able to dispense with my X-T1 and 18-55 lens combo and use my X100F instead. The X100F lens is 23mm and the digital converter is supposed to give an effective focal length of 35mm and 50mm so effectively you have 23 - 50 range as against an 18-55 range with my X-T1. Yes the X100F image will be cropped but it has 24MP to play with whilst the X-T1 has 16MP
What's your opinion??

Last edited:
OK, all you X100F users - could you enlighten me please

The digital teleconverter - how good is it in reality?
You see, I'm thinking that just maybe I might be able to dispense with my X-T1 and 18-55 lens combo and use my X100F instead. The X100F lens is 23mm and the digital converter is supposed to give an effective focal length of 35mm and 50mm so effectively you have 23 - 50 range as against an 18-55 range with my X-T1. Yes the X100F image will be cropped but it has 24MP to play with whilst the X-T1 has 16MP
What's your opinion??

Check out post #1268

Check out post #1268
Thanks for that Trevor - It does look good on my screen - perhaps the X100F is all I need for most of my photography. I've seen digitally zoomed images before but I've not been that impressed

I’ve been trying out the X100F teleconverter . Just a few images from my dog walk this morning – nothing fancy at all

At 23mm (35mm FF equiv)
TC1_zpsvbm9cxmr.jpg

At 35mm (50mm FF equiv)

TC2_zps3u21d05m.jpg

At 50mm (70mm FF equiv)
TC3_zpsggt0xexe.jpg

I am really quite impressed and I can see this facility negating the need for me to lug around my XT-1 & 18-55 combo as it gives an effective 23-50mm.

One thing I am less than pleased about is that annoying Shutter Count record – on my X100S it worked out at about 6 times the image number which was ridiculous. Does anyone here know what the ratio is between recorded Shutter Count and Image Number is for the X100F??

It's actually on the Isle of Wight, can't remember the name!

Edit - The Needles

Last edited:
Still no sign of it :(

Was hoping to have it delivered in time for Easter. Frustrating that Fuji can't keep stock in retailers to fulfil demand. Can't find one from a trusted retailer anywhere.

Much like everyone else on TP, I've used loads of different systems but never a Fuji and my lust/obsession for an X100 is now at fever pitch ! Been away from serious camera gear (as opposed to using my iPhone) for a while and recently repurchased into the M43 system, was disappointed, sold it, had a D800 body on loan from work, bought the 24-120/4 to use on it (figuring I could sell it again later), had it 2 days, ridiculously big and heavy, returned the lens and took the body back to work.

The whole fixed lens thing appeals and having poured over all the Flickr X100 groups I love the output.

Just waiting....

Digitalrev are showing as having it in stock at £1119, Panamoz at £1100..

I was the same as you before I decided to buy the T - I read a million reviews, looked at loads of shots...made things worse :rolleyes:

Digitalrev are showing as having it in stock at £1119, Panamoz at £1100..

I was the same as you before I decided to buy the T - I read a million reviews, looked at loads of shots...made things worse :rolleyes:

Thanks Damian.

Perhaps I should have clarified - my definition of trusted retailer mainly means a returns policy that lets me briefly try out the item e.g Amazon or WEX and get my money back if/when the initial excitement wavers.

How are you enjoying the T? How does it compare to M43? I'm expecting the APS-C sensor to be noticeably better - you have an E-M1 don't you? My favourite M43 combo of all time was either the GX1 & 20mm or the E-M5 & 20mm so am not expecting too many limitations with the X100 and it instantly removes the lens hoarding possibilities due to being a fixed lens :)

edit: typically the A6500 is now in stock at Amazon and the RX100M5 has £100 off - trying to resist and stick with the X100 which is what I really wanted

Last edited:
Ah, ok - I understand that completely

I really enjoy the T, it's just a great little camera. With the e-m1, I notice that on a dull day at ISO 800+ there is some noise which disappoints me ( to the point that I've been looking at changing systems but, like you said about the Nikon, the size / weight bothers me and that's the reason why I went m43 in the first place ) but with the T it's "clean" up to 3200. I haven't shot at 6400 yet.

I do find that I shoot a lot in B&W with the T - I just love it.

For me, no regrets at all. I just wish I had more time to get out and about

Just bought an X100T so joined the club.

Need some batteries and a soft release, any recommendations?

Have stock levels for the X100F got any better? On looking on the net most of the stores I checked still show the camera on back order.

Back