Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Bit of a crappy iPhone shot. On the RHS are a few filters and the hood

I need some guidance, I have a Canon G5X which I like but I've read a lot about the Fuji X100F & I don't know what to do, px the canon & get the X100F as I already have an X-Pro2, or stop being stupid & stay as I am?

I need some guidance, I have a Canon G5X which I like but I've read a lot about the Fuji X100F & I don't know what to do, px the canon & get the X100F as I already have an X-Pro2, or stop being stupid & stay as I am?
Get an XF23 f2 for the XPro2 and you have an interchangeable lens X100F - albeit slightly bigger

went to Brighton today..discovered a few things.

1) When working out long exposure times, don't forget to turn off the in-built ND filter or it bugs the hell out of you when the shots come out under exposed
2) read up about bulb before going and trying a LE
3) The app has uses and also limitations
4) a cable release is required for longer than 30s ( ordered now )
5) a tripod is better than a camera case for steadying the camera
6) should've introduced a person to stand on the groyne thingy for added interest
7) more stuff i've forgotten

the big reveal
by damianmkv, on Flickr

Last edited:
went to Brighton today..discovered a few things.

1) When working out long exposure times, don't forget to turn off the in-built ND filter or it bugs the hell out of you when the shots come out under exposed
2) read up about bulb before going and trying a LE
3) The app has uses and also limitations
4) a cable release is required for longer than 30s ( ordered now )
5) a tripod is better than a camera case for steadying the camera
6) should've introduced a person to stand on the groyne thingy for added interest
7) more stuff i've forgotten

the big reveal
by damianmkv, on Flickr

Did the Fuji replace your Olympus stuff?

nope, i still have the E-M1, 9-18, 12-40 and 40-150 + TC, i'll use them for the first time in months next weekend. Part of me thinks "system change" and part of me thinks "E-M1 mk2"...

I *think* i'm going to add to Hitech filter system for the Fuji, just for travel - they're pretty cheap

Joining the club, missed out on the used one in the classifieds yesterday but spotted an "Open Box" return at WEX, Silver X100F coming tomorrow!!!

Yes, sorry about that Chris - I've been agonizing over an X100F for a while and bought Andrew's. So, having had an original X100, and an X100S, I now have an X100F and am back in the club. I lugged an X-Pro2/23f2 and X-T1/18-55 around Suffolk last week and thought that this is just too much - I need something smaller and lighter. I do hope it will fit in as I'm becoming a serial flipper.

Yes, sorry about that Chris - I've been agonizing over an X100F for a while and bought Andrew's. So, having had an original X100, and an X100S, I now have an X100F and am back in the club. I lugged an X-Pro2/23f2 and X-T1/18-55 around Suffolk last week and thought that this is just too much - I need something smaller and lighter. I do hope it will fit in as I'm becoming a serial flipper.

Haha, I was just too slow!!! Probably not downsizing for me but will give me a smaller option when I want it!

Last edited:
Guys just a quick one I read on the T etc there was a macro choice but on the F I can't find it, has it been removed and we just get as close as focus allows... thanks if not where is it.............

Guys just a quick one I read on the T etc there was a macro choice but on the F I can't find it, has it been removed and we just get as close as focus allows... thanks if not where is it.............

There's no specific Macro mode on the F. But it still focuses really close.

Thanks Trev that's all I wanted to hear.....

Whilst I've got your attention as you gobble your shreddies any specific settings in camera in the sharpening / noise reduction areas one should use mine are all at 0 but any advice would be cool to try

Thanks

Just picked up the original x100 on this forum and have to say a like it very much, what a difference to carrying round a large DSLR it is. Looking forward to having a mess about with it.

Like you, I've just got one of these, the T model though. I'm loving it, after lugging a 5D3 around last weekend I decided to swap my 70D for this. Yes it's limited in areas, but very capable all the same. I'm loving it.

I usually carry a d810 and sigma art lens, so this is really liberating. I had read about the quirks before picking it up but in in the limited use of it so far they really don't bother me and the image quality is great. I am sort of worried that i might end up getting one of the later models at some point too now!

Guys any issues with running m and e shutter modes, I totally forgot about this when I hit the 1000/sec limit for Mechanical shutter, in this mode it just works obviously as the shutter can climb to 8000 on a sunny day, or is there a con to using the mode, makes me think why you would use just M mode I presume for the flash sync etc?

Guys any issues with running m and e shutter modes, I totally forgot about this when I hit the 1000/sec limit for Mechanical shutter, in this mode it just works obviously as the shutter can climb to 8000 on a sunny day, or is there a con to using the mode, makes me think why you would use just M mode I presume for the flash sync etc?
I'm also interested in that, I am using M+E mode at the moment, I've not come across any issues so far. I had the 1000ss light up red, but it still exposed the image perfectly.

I'm also interested in that, I am using M+E mode at the moment, I've not come across any issues so far. I had the 1000ss light up red, but it still exposed the image perfectly.
It's weird you say that be.cause I'm sure I had it selected originally and had the red 1000 but now I can't seem to make it give me red anymore the SS just ramps up to 4000 8000 as it feels the need so it's now switching between

Anybody guide us what's going on,

Thanks Trev that's all I wanted to hear.....

Whilst I've got your attention as you gobble your shreddies any specific settings in camera in the sharpening / noise reduction areas one should use mine are all at 0 but any advice would be cool to try

Thanks

Yep, on all the colour film sims..-2 on the highlights to try to avoid blowing them. -1 on the shadows to open them up a bit. +1 on the colour. (not Velvia)
Black and White. -2 highlights and +2 shadows..I like strong contrast.

All +2 on the sharpening.

I am sort of worried that i might end up getting one of the later models at some point too now!

Thats the very reason i sold my x100 to you :). Loved it but the X100T has my name on it. Its a matter of finding one now.

Spent the last few days reading this thread - there are some cracking images.

Is there a supply problem with the F at the moment ? My retailers of choice can't seem to get any stock.

Tempted by the simplicity of it all and the IQ of course - or a A6500 (none of them in stock either) or a RX100M5 :)

Back