Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Was hoping for a decent sunset last night so we headed in the direction of where I wanted to be and stopped for a pint or two. While we were enjoying our drinks I noticed a small rainbow like effect in the sky so grabbed the first shot. I immediately said to Mrs Sprout that it would just look like lens flare but it's not (straight up from the paddle boarders)

Then a bank of cloud looked like it would ruin the sunset so I grabbed a few shots (including the second one) as the sun was "setting" behind the cloud. Never made it to the spot I was heading to, but on the bright side I didn't have to leave the pub :beer::banana:

Brixham marina by barrysprout, on Flickr

Brixham marina by barrysprout, on Flickr

You can see the reflected spot of light in front of the paddle boarders shining off the sea. so it was a true rainbow, but I have never seen the like before.
I wonder how rare that is?
Bot excellent shots.

Well you know, I was thinking of reducing the number of cameras I have down to 2 and was considering which one to sell on - so what have I just gone and done? You guessed, bought yet another - a 2012 Fuji X100 'Classic' - just like the one I used to have until the beginning of last year. Am I mad???

It's serial number states that it was manufactured in Q4 2012 so hopefully, that should put it after the SAB issue was sorted.

Last edited:
Couple more from last night, these were taken on the walk back from the pub, Similar to shots I took a few days ago but from a different angle.

Brixham harbour by barrysprout, on Flickr

I'm loving the fact that I can take shots on the way home after a few pints by having the X100F with me and a Pixi tripod in a pocket. The X-T2 has only seen the light of day once on this trip, that was needed for the reach of the 55-200.

Well you know, I was thinking of reducing the number of cameras I have down to 2 and was considering which one to sell on - so what have I just gone and done? You guessed, bought yet another - a 2012 Fuji X100 'Classic' - just like the one I used to have until the beginning of last year. Am I mad???
not at all its a great camera

Couple more from last night, these were taken on the walk back from the pub, Similar to shots I took a few days ago but from a different angle.

I'm loving the fact that I can take shots on the way home after a few pints by having the X100F with me and a Pixi tripod in a pocket. The X-T2 has only seen the light of day once on this trip, that was needed for the reach of the 55-200.

Love these Colin.

Not sure but I just bought a X100 classic and am dreading if it is bad to use lol.

Two lovely shots Sir, good to see some light still in the sky, well composed with spot on exposure.(y)

George.

Really cool looking camera! On brief use, I'm not sure if I prefer Velvia or Classic Chrome. Hmm..

35323035971_06c10377ec_b.jpg

Now to sell the X70 as I'm unlikely to use it!

Last edited:
Well, after much deliberation, I have decided that now I have an original X100 again, I should move on my X100F. It sounds a stupid idea - to keep the old and sell the latest and greatest but I need to reduce my X series camera to a more realistic level. Anyway, it is in the Classifieds if anyone is interested :)

Well, after much deliberation, I have decided that now I have an original X100 again, I should move on my X100F. It sounds a stupid idea - to keep the old and sell the latest and greatest but I need to reduce my X series camera to a more realistic level. Anyway, it is in the Classifieds if anyone is interested :)

Glad I just got the x100. Cant be that bad if someone who had the F bothers to use one

I'm hoping the next version with be WR + a tilty screen - i don't see a need to upgrade my T at present ( hopefully not famous last words )

I'm hoping the next version with be WR + a tilty screen - i don't see a need to upgrade my T at present ( hopefully not famous last words )

Can't see how they can do this and keep the package the same size.

Glad I just got the x100. Cant be that bad if someone who had the F bothers to use one

There is 'nothing' wrong with the original camera, you just have to shoot round it's limitations.

Manchester - One Love
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Electric Horsepower
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

I bought the original X100 in 2012 and loved it. I sold it last year and instantly regretted it but I have been trying to avoid buying another. I have tried an X100S and recently the X100F but there is just something quaint about the original X100.
I have other Fuji X cameras so the X100 will be just for fun :)

X100 arrived today. Raining outside so done macro of tin lid.
Edited for ridiculous amounts of saturation and contrast because quite frankly I have no taste lol.

jjjjjjuuuuuu-13_zpsow14rtyt.jpg

X100 arrived today. Raining outside so done macro of tin lid.
Edited for ridiculous amounts of saturation and contrast because quite frankly I have no taste lol.

jjjjjjuuuuuu-13_zpsow14rtyt.jpg

Raining??? Hey you're lucky - we haven't had any rain for eons:)

What leather straps are you guys using on these. It is very hard to know from pics which ones are actually worth their price or cheap leather with a high price.

Back