Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Just one half-worthy B&W from my recent trip to South Devon:-

Noss%20Mayo%20Boat_zps7mafz9ji.jpg

Looks very good. Shame about the hot spot issue though. Were you using filters or a conversion?

Any chance you could share your PP. I am guessing you are starting with a very red image. I have the filter but never managed to get an image that looks like this. It's still very red!

Any chance you could share your PP. I am guessing you are starting with a very red image. I have the filter but never managed to get an image that looks like this. It's still very red!

Are you not converting to B&W? I'm assuming that is what was done in the example. There are usually only two options with IR. Convert the red image to Black and white or do a colour channel swap in photo shop, swapping the red and blue channels for that the other worldy colour IR look. As you have seen, if you don't do one of the other, you'll just have very red looking images.

The shot I posted was actually shot as jpeg B&W. I always set a custom white balance from some green grass. Only further processing on that one was a slight exposure tweak and adjustments to black and white clipping levels.

EDIT: I should also add that it was hand held at 3200iso

Last edited:
What's the usability of video on the original X100 compared to the X100S? Nothing professional or fast paced, just occasional out and about with family/friends stuff.

What's the usability of video on the original X100 compared to the X100S? Nothing professional or fast paced, just occasional out and about with family/friends stuff.

No idea compared to x100s as I've not used one but video is pretty poor on x100. I guess overall quality is probably just about okay but you don't have much/any control. I'd rather use my phone.

Thanks Gregg.

Yes they are, they're quite comfy but I looked like a floundering whale trying to get on the bloody things

No idea compared to x100s as I've not used one but video is pretty poor on x100. I guess overall quality is probably just about okay but you don't have much/any control. I'd rather use my phone.

Thanks.. Hmmm. I keep changing between being set on the X100, X100S, X100T, X-T1 and OM-D E-M10 II.
I think I'd like the X100 as it's relatively cheap and still decent photos, then the S/T because of the better control and video. The X-T1 because of the nice primes, and the E-M10 II because of the size.
Decisions decisions....

Thanks.. Hmmm. I keep changing between being set on the X100, X100S, X100T, X-T1 and OM-D E-M10 II.
I think I'd like the X100 as it's relatively cheap and still decent photos, then the S/T because of the better control and video. The X-T1 because of the nice primes, and the E-M10 II because of the size.
Decisions decisions....

I'm not sure any of them are noted for stellar video stuff but if you're more after just good quality 'auto' type video the Olympus models are okay. Certainly I find better than Fuji, mainly because of the IBIS if nothing else. Very different camera to use though. I'd really try to have a play with each option if you can.

Do you have to go into menu for aperture/ISO settings? That's the only thing that might put me off Oly cameras. Definitely need to go in to a store and have a try though.
I know I want a good OVF/EVF. I have the X70 thinking it would be a nice portable option, but I don't like using it.

Just assign these in the quick menu, one press of the Q button then scroll through with the rear dial. The Oly is almost the same with the super control menu but you toggle rather than scroll.

Just assign these in the quick menu, one press of the Q button then scroll through with the rear dial. The Oly is almost the same with the super control menu but you toggle rather than scroll.

Yep, although the x100 has no q button... still a couple of customisable buttons.

Oh and aperture on the lens. But you cannot change anything at all during video recording.

Last edited:
Decisions decisions....
lol im glad I don't have a job making my mind up lol

So I went ahead and bought an X100T haha. I always loved the look of the X100 ever since the original so I think a big part of me was always leaning towards that and would regret it if I got anything else.
I was going to wait, but one came up on eBay as new, 400 shots with pretty much full warranty for £612. I couldn't say no.
So excited for it to be with me!

Back