Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Well I went out with the X100 today and started using it properly.
Negatives I found first.
I use the optical viewfinder and my first observation is the exposure meter against a sky is unreadable for me.
That faint blue color I tried to change in menu but cant find anything to change it.
The battery did not last long but it is very old so I can forgive that I guess.
Confusing to use sometimes.

Positives.
It fits in my pocket. Light / small.
Very good IQ and noise.
Love to preview and zoom image in viewfinder, that is so cool.
Very quiet and seems well made / quality.
Looks and feels very cool. Lovable.
Very nice to have exposure comp and shutter dial on the top.

uuu_zpsqaoehhud.jpg

Well I went out with the X100 today and started using it properly.
Negatives I found first.
I use the optical viewfinder and my first observation is the exposure meter against a sky is unreadable for me.
That faint blue color I tried to change in menu but cant find anything to change it.
The battery did not last long but it is very old so I can forgive that I guess.
Confusing to use sometimes.

Positives.
It fits in my pocket. Light / small.
Very good IQ and noise.
Love to preview and zoom image in viewfinder, that is so cool.
Very quiet and seems well made / quality.
Looks and feels very cool. Lovable.
Very nice to have exposure comp and shutter dial on the top.

Just my twopennyworth - if you're going to put the camera in a pocket, do be aware of dust/lint entering the lens and viewfinder. Best to seal the lens with a filter or better still, use a pouch.

Reactions: GTG
Just my twopennyworth - if you're going to put the camera in a pocket, do be aware of dust/lint entering the lens and viewfinder. Best to seal the lens with a filter or better still, use a pouch.

Yea will start using a soft little bag,
Oddly the firmware version was 1.30 so the previous owner missed out.
I see a noticeable AF speed increase after update.
They say approx. 20% in many conditions but it feels more to me.
The AF is acceptable now.I still think though that these cameras will benefit massively from an 8 way joystick

Yea will start using a soft little bag,
Oddly the firmware version was 1.30 so the previous owner missed out.
I see a noticeable AF speed increase after update.
They say approx. 20% in many conditions but it feels more to me.
The AF is acceptable now.I still think though that these cameras will benefit massively from an 8 way joystick

Funnily enough, my recently purchased X100 (Q4 2012 manufactured) also had v1.3 firmware - I immediately upgraded it and noted like you, a big improvement.

Reactions: GTG
Going to be without my X100F for a bit now. Already missing it after spending the fortnight in Brixham with it.
I had contacted Fuji before going away because of the problems I had with the TCL not screwing on properly and ultimately scratching the paint off of the threading. They advised to send both the camera and TCL in for them to assess. Obviously I wanted to keep a hold of them for my holiday so they are sending packaging out today for me to send them in. Hopefully they won't be away too long and hopefully they can do something about the problem.

I had read about this the other day and Fuji ended up replacing the TCL with a new one.

LOL. I started with the X100, then added XP1, then added X100T, then added XP2. SInce getting the XP2 (and adding a 23mm f2), the X100T saw little use so I sold it, knowing that I had my original X100 for my occasional 'fix'. Of course my GAS is telling me to get a X100F too but I don't need it with the XP2. Do I?

I used the X100 a bit recently and felt relieved at how much more 'simple' it is. I can easily see the histogram and the distance scale, for example. And the histogram doesn't shift position depending on whether I am using the OVF or EVF. And I don't have to fret about which of those wonderful film simulations to use because it doesn't have many!

I do like the XP2 but, so far, it seemed to be easier to get pictures I like taken with my XP1. Not sure what that's about.

Lee

When I look at some of my best photographs, I note that they have mostly been taken with fairly basic equipment. Now why is that you ask?? Quite simply, it's because I'm a crap photographer and despite all my efforts over the years, I'm still pretty crap. All that expensive gear does for me is to up the ante and make me even more disappointed when I take crap photos. I am happier playing at the bottom end - I have an X-T1 and 10-24, 18-55, 55-200 for considered photography and my X Pro1/18mm is my walkabout camera. My newly acquired X100 classic is just for pure enjoyment - I had one before, foolishly sold it and just had to get another.

Last edited:
When I look at some of my best photographs, I note that they have mostly been taken with fairly basic equipment. Now why is that you ask?? Quite simply, it's because I'm a crap photographer and despite all my efforts over the years, I'm still pretty crap. All that expensive gear does for me is to up the ante and make me even more disappointed when I take crap photos. I am happier playing at the bottom end - I have an X-T1 and 10-24, 18-55, 55-200 for considered photography and my X Pro1/18mm is my walkabout camera. My newly acquired X100 classic is just for pure enjoyment - I had one before, foolishly sold it and just had to get another.
same here.

when I look at new gear now, I just see the same crap photos costing X pence more per shot :confused:

Hello chaps I'm wanting to try a x100t if any one has one they wish to part with ? Or can recommend somewhere to contact please and thank you

Tought you were talking about me,cus thats exactly how I feel except I've gone even more basic to an FZ1000 and loving it mainly because it gives me variety and now I don't feel bad if my photos are rubbish because I don't feel I should be producing works of art, sorta lol

Tought you were talking about me,cus thats exactly how I feel except I've gone even more basic to an FZ1000 and loving it mainly because it gives me variety and now I don't feel bad if my photos are rubbish because I don't feel I should be producing works of art, sorta lol

Don't put yourself down, "works of art" are often in fact "works of high end photoshop premade plugins"

Can you set the camera to take both Acros and Classic Chrome Jpegs of the same image?

Yep. Use full film simulation bracketing. Although not available if you're shooting RAW.

Yep. Use full film simulation bracketing. Although not available if you're shooting RAW.

Thanks, that is disappointing, I wanted to take RAW and both JPEGS. The RAW conversions never look quite as good through lightroom as the film simulations but I like to have the flexibility the RAW offers if needed.

Do you need to press the shutter twice to bracket or does one click store both?

Thanks, that is disappointing, I wanted to take RAW and both JPEGS. The RAW conversions never look quite as good through lightroom as the film simulations but I like to have the flexibility the RAW offers if needed.

Do you need to press the shutter twice to bracket or does one click store both?

One click will take three film simulations. As Trevor said the film simulation bracket only works if shooting JPEG, but if you shoot RAW you can do in camera processing to any film simulation you want.

One click will take three film simulations. As Trevor said the film simulation bracket only works if shooting JPEG, but if you shoot RAW you can do in camera processing to any film simulation you want.

Yep, works well.

Ok cheers. Can you do it in camera to a batch of images or does it need to be done individually?

Ok cheers. Can you do it in camera to a batch of images or does it need to be done individually?

Only on individual images, but it gives quite a few options for processing rather than just a straight film simulation.

Back