Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Like the camera but I just find it a bit small and not easy to use coming from a DSLR. Shame as I wanted to love it.

Black one for sale now in the classifieds!

Looking for advice - several months ago, I sold up most of my kit - got rid of a D90 and several lenses. Did so because I fell out of love with photography.

I kept my little LX100 but find I have been using my phone as a camera more often.

Lately, I have been getting the urge to get back out again with a 'real' camera. Though about what I wanted and what appealed to me and decided I wanted a small(ish) minimalist setup. I ended up with three cameras on my short list

• X100T
  • X-T20
  • Panasonic GX8

I think I have discounted the GX8 due to the smaller sensor and am aiming for either of the Fujis. Am really interested in the X100T but have some concerns about the fixed lens - how limiting is this ? I mostly cover seascapes and architecture. Thinking is I would sell the LX100 to part fund whatever I get so this would likely be my only real camera.

Flickr is below so might give you an idea of my style etc...

Appreciate any thoughts..

Personally, I'd go for the XT20 - 24mp and an 18-55 zoom would be smallish and adaptable. The X100T is a lovely camera but a fixed 23mm lens and 'just' 16mp makes it less useful.

Well it's really nicely done. The way the road leads off into the hills and the position of the car. I'm a sucker for moody clouds too.

A few from Trapani in western Sicily.

1. This is the view from our flat
View-16-Pano by Ian, on Flickr

2. This is the Trapani waterfront
sicilia-183-Pano by Ian, on Flickr

3. The view north from Erice (top of hill overlooking Trapani) on a very hazy day
Erice-12 by Ian, on Flickr

4. And the view south over Trapani (our flat is right at the end of the pointy bit going out to sea on the right. The white "fields" are the sea salt plants which we plan to visit today)
Erice-40-Pano by Ian, on Flickr

Looking for advice - several months ago, I sold up most of my kit - got rid of a D90 and several lenses. Did so because I fell out of love with photography.

I kept my little LX100 but find I have been using my phone as a camera more often.

Lately, I have been getting the urge to get back out again with a 'real' camera. Though about what I wanted and what appealed to me and decided I wanted a small(ish) minimalist setup. I ended up with three cameras on my short list

• X100T
  • X-T20
  • Panasonic GX8

I think I have discounted the GX8 due to the smaller sensor and am aiming for either of the Fujis. Am really interested in the X100T but have some concerns about the fixed lens - how limiting is this ? I mostly cover seascapes and architecture. Thinking is I would sell the LX100 to part fund whatever I get so this would likely be my only real camera.

Flickr is below so might give you an idea of my style etc...

Appreciate any thoughts..

I took the X100T on a holiday to Disney Florida and then South Carolina, no DSLR this time and while at times I did think I missed going wider or longer, it was fine. Sometimes its nicer not to have a choice of lens!

OK today's useful tip (bug) - 'F' owners only.

You can assign RAW to a function button for a single shot - this will temporarily put the camera into JPG only if currently set to RAW+F for instance, camera then reverts back to previous setting (in my case RAW+F)

OK great I think, I can use this to enable the digital teleconverter, as it only works in JPG modes, all well and good, this appears to work fine, until you add a WCL or TCL into the mix.

When the WCL or TCL is selected, I pressed the assigned function button to switch to JPG to enable the digital teleconverter for a single shot, take picture, all ok, camera switches back to RAW+F, then if you try to take another picture you get ! FOCUS ERROR and the focus motor continually hunts until the battery is removed, even switching it off doesn't stop the hunting!!

So the moral is, yes you can RAW to a function button and use the digital teleconverter ONLY if you do not use a WCL/TCL at the same time

To get around this for the moment, I have assigned Image Quality to the function button, and then have to select RAW+F or F as required from the list

I'll report this to Fuji, but at least readers of this thread have been warned!

Last edited:
I can smell an Olympus M43 ad coming to a well known forum soon.......:D

There is IMO quite a big difference between X-Trans3 and previous X-Trans sensors at higher ISOs

I find "those" decisions quick tricky in terms of am I making the right decision / what if / etc. When I went Nikon -> m43 it was easy as I did it for weight and it was my only camera. Now I have a rx100 m2 and x100t so my "main" camera requirements are different

I find "those" decisions quick tricky in terms of am I making the right decision / what if / etc. When I went Nikon -> m43 it was easy as I did it for weight and it was my only camera. Now I have a rx100 m2 and x100t so my "main" camera requirements are different

Well if you can't afford (or don't want to) a suitable mirrorless for drag racing then a DSLR is the way to go, but maybe you shouldn't look at it as your main camera, but make the X100 system your main camera, why not sell all the M43 kit change the T to an F , add a TCL, and buy a Nikon mid range crop and some reasonable glass for the Motorsport (which you share with your son). You still have the Sony for ultra lightweight, need to put the camera in a pocket days.

I'm all Fuji these days but still have a mixture, the X100F + WCL + TCL is my lightweight 'travel' kit, but I still have X-T2 for serious togging days (actually I'm worse than that as I also have X100 and X-A2 (and and X-E2!!), but this gives me loads of options, hey I can even have Bayer days and X-Trans days!!!

Last edited:
OK, the X100F, its my new favourite thing, I just love the lightweight package, is it better than the X-T2, well no, not for flexibility but for sheer fun to use, yes!!

But a few niggles, hopefully resolved in a future FW update, if I can do any of these now someone let me know:-

1) The Q button, it would be nice to lock this when in eye sensor mode, perhaps use another function key along with the Q to unlock it (bit like a shift key)
2) Film Simulation Bracketing, would like to be able to assign my custom settings
3) Focus Point, would love to have a 'remembered' focus point in horizontal and vertical orientations, like the X-T2

Other than that its brilliant, and ACROS works even better than the X-T2, must be due to the lens rendering, it was made for this camera.

Back