Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

I think I'm going mad because for the last 2 days I've been thinking about selling the T. This has come about because on Saturday, I was at the coast and had my e-m1 and T with me and grabbed the e-m1 as it was better suited for the shot i wanted.

Then I thought " hang in the T takes lovely shots, better at high(er) ISO, beautiful b&w, better at LE"

But it's just sitting in my bag so it got me wondering if it's an indulgence I don't need. And, yes, I know that only I can answer that..

:coat:

I think I'm going mad because for the last 2 days I've been thinking about selling the T. This has come about because on Saturday, I was at the coast and had my e-m1 and T with me and grabbed the e-m1 as it was better suited for the shot i wanted.

Then I thought " hang in the T takes lovely shots, better at high(er) ISO, beautiful b&w, better at LE"

But it's just sitting in my bag so it got me wondering if it's an indulgence I don't need. And, yes, I know that only I can answer that..

:coat:

I go round and round in circles like this at times and have bought and sold far more since I've been on TP. I am now deliberating whether to sell my XP2 and all lenses for an X100F. There are some strong arguments in favour as I don't like lugging camera gear around and these days, don't get much time for considered photography. But........ well, you know how it goes!!!

I do indeed :rolleyes: I've loved the x100t since a slightly hesitant start with it but then I look at it and think "what are you doing ? It's almost the same size as the em1 so why not just get a 17mm 1.8 and be done ?"

Cameras. Hate them :banghead: :LOL:

I do indeed :rolleyes: I've loved the x100t since a slightly hesitant start with it but then I look at it and think "what are you doing ? It's almost the same size as the em1 so why not just get a 17mm 1.8 and be done ?"

Cameras. Hate them :banghead: :LOL:

That's the debate I'm having with the X Pro2 v X100F - let's be objective here, the X100F isn't a lot smaller than the XPro2 and so if you're going to carry one, you could easily carry the other and the X Pro2 is a lot more versatile. But...... I do love the quaintness of the X100 series - and the output of course.

That's the debate I'm having with the X Pro2 v X100F - let's be objective here, the X100F isn't a lot smaller than the XPro2 and so if you're going to carry one, you could easily carry the other and the X Pro2 is a lot more versatile. But...... I do love the quaintness of the X100 series - and the output of course.

I have X-T2 (14/23f1.4/18-55/90) and X100F+WCL+TCL

The X100F is a lot lighter than X-T2 and a lens, less than half the weight, and yes it isn't as flexible or as fast, but it's great fun to use, it has reminded me why I got into X series cameras 5 years ago

Your can slip the WCL and a spare battery into a pocket and have a very lightweight setup (with amazing IQ).

I'm having a serious debate in my head about the X-T2 at the moment but I love the 14 and 90mm lenses too much tosetiously let it go

The X100 series cameras are just such an awesome package

If you're going to carry an X100F and a WCL & TCL with you in order to get a range of 19m to 50mm then you might just as well have an X-Pro2 and 18-55 zoom - there's only about 5g difference in weight and the latter can be used with other lenses.

I've had two X100 'Classic', an X100S and an X100F and I really like them but pocketable they definitely ain't - if only they were the size of the X30, they would be my ideal.

If you're going to carry an X100F and a WCL & TCL with you in order to get a range of 19m to 50mm then you might just as well have an X-Pro2 and 18-55 zoom - there's only about 5g difference in weight and the latter can be used with other lenses.

I've had two X100 'Classic', an X100S and an X100F and I really like them but pocketable they definitely ain't - if only they were the size of the X30, they would be my ideal.

Only you get F2 at all focal lengths and with the F in telephoto mode, you get up to 100mm in JPG.

Only you get F2 at all focal lengths and with the F in telephoto mode, you get up to 100mm in JPG.

Sure David, but a 'soft' f2 and a cropped digitally interpolated image (probably from just about 6mp at full crop) - my X30 would be better in that situation. I would love to get another X100F but for me, it just doesn't stack up. Pocketability is the key for this type of camera otherwise I might as well carry my XP2/18-55.

Got out with the F today. I'm really pleased to have something that doesn't need any thought about which lenses to take, which to leave behind and the relative ease at which I can walk around with it.

Glad to say I took the plunge and seem to have cured my gas ⛽

Having said that my iPhone is also getting a fair bit of use just now for snaps too.

Valiant
by the BLOATER, on Flickr

Scooterist

Just Chillin

Matching

Have just returned from my annual trip to North Devon, the first time that I have taken only one camera, the X100T along with the WCL (which stayed glued to the camera!) Here's a couple of photos from a lovely walk around the Lynmouth area, never get bored of these colours! These are off the camera into LR mobile, a few adjustments and uploaded to here :)

DSCF6880.jpg

DSCF6890.jpg

DSCF6891.jpg

Adam

Mean motor, though I wouldn't like to have to pay your Insrance premium.
It's not as bad as you might think, though I am north of 50!

Well you'll have to wait until I've taken a half decent shot, going on the TP Liverpool tomorrow so Sunday morning looks likely for the 'reveal'
Look forward to it, just left Liverpool on the train an hour ago. Forecast doesn't look as bad for tomorrow as it was this afternoon.

Just back from a few days in Liverpool and started to go through some shots. Traveled light with only the X100F ( I did have a pixi tripod but never used it)

Liverpool August 2017 by barrysprout, on Flickr

Was pleased to catch the gull shadow in this one

Multi shot stitch through glass so some reflections remain :mad:

And this one to show you don't need a fish eye or wider than 35mm in the library :)

First walkabout test shots in Gloucester this morning, I really want to shoot mostly mono and SOOC with this camera:

Here are my first attempts for comment:

I've set C2 to :

Auto ISO 6400 / Auto DR / Auto WB / NR -2 / Film Sim Br / H-tone +1 / S-tone +2 / Sharp +1

Alley by Jeff, on Flickr

Shopping by Jeff, on Flickr

Gloucester Cathedral by Jeff, on Flickr

Alley by Jeff, on Flickr

Rec by Jeff, on Flickr

First walkabout test shots in Gloucester this morning, I really want to shoot mostly mono and SOOC with this camera:

I've set C2 to :

Auto ISO 6400 / Auto DR / Auto WB / NR -2 / Film Sim Br / H-tone +1 / S-tone +2 / Sharp +1

Alley by Jeff, on Flickr

Alley by Jeff, on Flickr

Rec by Jeff, on Flickr

How did you come to these camera settings?

I've set C2 to :

Alley by Jeff, on Flickr

Alley by Jeff, on Flickr

Rec by Jeff, on Flickr
I like them all apart from the bottom one looks OOF??

Interesting..I liked my samyang FE for the em1, good fun

Any more info please ?

Interesting..I liked my samyang FE for the em1, good fun

Any more info please ?

Its a Jessop's Semi Fisheye Attachment with 49mm thread (0.42x), on the native 23mm lens you get a wider image but chopped off top and bottom, but on the WCL you get a full image circle (most of the time, but sometimes its shifted up slightly in the image, I need to check all the fittings (again)) - comes with a Raynox style Macro adapter as well so endless hours of timewasting fun ahead :D:D:D

There are quite a few on ebay but there are different thread options, there are also some Chinese adapters but they appear to be 0.45x so you would have less chance of getting a full circle.

It's an absolute hoot to shoot with, but is seriously fisheye so anything just in front of you to the side is in shot.

BTW that funny black thing just abvove 3 o'clock in the image is @mickledore XF10-24 + hood !!!

The great thing with the X100 series cameras is that AF still works on conversion lenses and so does f2!!!

Another one....

170819 Liverpool Catholic Cathedral Fisheye X100F
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back