Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Very interesting building, isn't it? No shots from the outside? I tried hard but couldn't do it justice.

I've got some but they are not good, middle of the day and it was a Sunday, so outside there were a lot of children running about, its treated as a sort of park!!!

Got some more of the inside on my flickr account

Just ordered it Stephen - they say it's mint so let's hope so - thanks for the heads-up :)
They told me both cameras were the same, and certainly mine is mint. I suspect but don't know that these were a returned order. Certainly mine showed no signs of being out of the box. Even the battery was down at 20%, which is roughly the ex-factory charge.

They told me both cameras were the same, and certainly mine is mint. I suspect but don't know that these were a returned order. Certainly mine showed no signs of being out of the box. Even the battery was down at 20%, which is roughly the ex-factory charge.

Well, this will be the third X100F to pass through my hands - I am intending to stick at this. I'll use my XP2 for the 10-24 zoom and the X100F for walkabout - my XP1 can stay as backup with my 18-55 and 55-200 zooms. I need to stay away from the classifieds now.

Just trying out the Fuji Film Sims v Silver Efex

DSCF0415.jpg
Acros with Red Filter

DSCF0413_Wet Rocks.jpg
Silver Efex - Wet Rocks

Both photos from the same original image taken this morning at around 07.00 (hence the shadows) whilst walking my dog and his 'mate' who is staying with us this weekend. :)

Guys toying with the idea of the F. I had a T then sold it and kind of regreted it straight away. Ive looked at reviews after reviews of mixed opnion and really cant decide just how much of an upgrade the F really is. Can anyone convince me ? I used my T for general (high quality) family snaps etc

Guys toying with the idea of the F. I had a T then sold it and kind of regreted it straight away. Ive looked at reviews after reviews of mixed opnion and really cant decide just how much of an upgrade the F really is. Can anyone convince me ? I used my T for general (high quality) family snaps etc

The F has the same annoying traits as the T but IMHO the image quality is much better and the joystick is a superb addition. I have bought and then sold but recently succumbed to the charms of the F and bought again.

The F has the same annoying traits as the T but IMHO the image quality is much better and the joystick is a superb addition. I have bought and then sold but recently succumbed to the charms of the F and bought again.
Thats what I wanted to hear about image quality. In what way , shaper , detail etc and by much?

Just trying out the Fuji Film Sims v Silver Efex

View attachment 110294
Acros with Red Filter

View attachment 110295
Silver Efex - Wet Rocks

Both photos from the same original image taken this morning at around 07.00 (hence the shadows) whilst walking my dog and his 'mate' who is staying with us this weekend. :)
Interesting! I think I prefer the "wet rocks" but not sure. What condition was your camera from Cameraworld?

Interesting! I think I prefer the "wet rocks" but not sure. What condition was your camera from Cameraworld?

Cosmetically mint with a shutter count of 900 - that equates to about 400 images. I'm quite happy with the condition - it is secondhand anyway and I expected it to have been used a little. The Fuji refurb one had 1900 shutter count and looked like it had been round the block a few times - I returned it immediately and they refunded without quibble.

Re the above image, I too prefer the wet rocks version - I had set my film sim bracket to include Acros but now I'll set something else as I think I can do better with Silver Efex.

Last edited:

What Iwrote on X-T2 forum:-

These are my opinions having shot with X-Trans2 since it was released and now having shot on X-Trans3 for a year. The images from an X-Trans3 are sharper (full stop), thus was brought home to me recently as I've recently shot over 1500 images on an X100F, the X100 series is not known for having the sharpest lens, I thought that the higher MP count if the X-Trans3 would show its inacquacies more, but this just isn't the case, I getting some wonderfully sharp images, and in fact I'm staggered at what this combo is capable of.

IMO a correctly exposed X-Trans3 image has very good shadow recovery, much better than X-Trans2, I know that there are some disbelievers about this but I have posted examples in the past on this thread, and my thoughts have been backed up by one of Fuji's X photographers who I had a long conversation with.I am very much a histogram shooter, and you really do have to make the best use of the sensor dynamic range (expose correctly) to get good shadow recovery.

I am also getting much better results at High ISOs, I'm regularly shooting at ISO6400 and finding that I have very acceptable image, something I couldn't do with X-Trans2, in fact one of my custom auto ISO modes on the X100F is 6400 with a min speed of 1/200, I've been using this as a general walkabout (Street,etc) as I know I can deal with the image noise, and it guarantees me a sharp image. Again making use of the histogram is important, under exposed high ISO images will always be difficult to recovery from.

Now they are just the X-Trans3 benefits, to which you can add higher resolution giving the option of more cropping variation.

The joystick, a dream to use, makes focus point selection very fast, so much so that I think I'd be hard pressed to buy a camera without this

Thats what I wanted to hear about image quality. In what way , shaper , detail etc and by much?

Yes, sharper - the clarity on some of my X100F images is simply stunning. I'm not a 'real' photographer and well out of my depth with some on this forum but even I can see that the IQ is superb.

my friend with an F would like to know if anyone can recommend a thumb grip please.he doesn't mind the price just wants one that fits nicely and feels good(open to conjecture I would say but ,,,,,
thanks

my friend with an F would like to know if anyone can recommend a thumb grip please.he doesn't mind the price just wants one that fits nicely and feels good(open to conjecture I would say but ,,,,,
thanks
Can't yet say how it feels, but I have a Lensmate somewhere between the States and here. I'll let you know when it appears. All the others seem too short.

thanks

If he's like me, a left eye shooter. None of them are any good.

What Iwrote on X-T2 forum:-

These are my opinions having shot with X-Trans2 since it was released and now having shot on X-Trans3 for a year. The images from an X-Trans3 are sharper (full stop), thus was brought home to me recently as I've recently shot over 1500 images on an X100F, the X100 series is not known for having the sharpest lens, I thought that the higher MP count if the X-Trans3 would show its inacquacies more, but this just isn't the case, I getting some wonderfully sharp images, and in fact I'm staggered at what this combo is capable of.

IMO a correctly exposed X-Trans3 image has very good shadow recovery, much better than X-Trans2, I know that there are some disbelievers about this but I have posted examples in the past on this thread, and my thoughts have been backed up by one of Fuji's X photographers who I had a long conversation with.I am very much a histogram shooter, and you really do have to make the best use of the sensor dynamic range (expose correctly) to get good shadow recovery.

I am also getting much better results at High ISOs, I'm regularly shooting at ISO6400 and finding that I have very acceptable image, something I couldn't do with X-Trans2, in fact one of my custom auto ISO modes on the X100F is 6400 with a min speed of 1/200, I've been using this as a general walkabout (Street,etc) as I know I can deal with the image noise, and it guarantees me a sharp image. Again making use of the histogram is important, under exposed high ISO images will always be difficult to recovery from.

Now they are just the X-Trans3 benefits, to which you can add higher resolution giving the option of more cropping variation.

The joystick, a dream to use, makes focus point selection very fast, so much so that I think I'd be hard pressed to buy a camera without this

I wish people would stop posting stuff like this!!! Been happy with my T (over 2 years now) but seriously tempted by the F now!!

That's a cracker - such a huge range of tones and such clarity. Did you use one of the set options in Silver FX or did you fiddle with it yourself - it looks like 'wet rocks'
Thanks - I had a good fiddle. I looked at "wet rocks" but it wasn't quite right. In the end I can't remember what I did use, but whatever it was I had a good mess with it afterwards, including setting the film type as Acros 100.

Back