Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

I like it a lot. But it doesn't compare to the Mono

This, the tones in the mono really add something, they also emphasis the wet cobbles, and make more of the sky which is ultra bland in the colour one. Also the mono appears to 'hide' the parked car, in the colour one that leaps out to me, yet my attention wqas never drawn to it in the mono.

All IMO of course!!!

anyone recommend a good case for the x100f? the Gariz and the official fuji one spring to mind - but i aware they are expensive.

Last edited:
anyone recommend a good case for the x100f? the Gariz and the official fuji one spring to mind - but i aware they are expensive.

I've got a £15 Ebay special which fits just fine; it purports to be genuine leather but I'm not sure how close it's been to a cow. I do lust after a Gariz, though, if only for the metal base.

Edit: it was from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06ZY3BJWP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Similarly, I have a cheapie Chinese half case from Amazon - it fits perfectly, and allows access to the battery/card and the output sockets on the side. Also, unlike the official Fuji case, it is fixed by a flush-fitting screw in the tripod socket and doesn't have those silly tabs that fasten around the strap lugs. It cost less than a tenner and took a week to arrive.

Last edited:
How did you come to that decision - is it just about portability??

No, truth is I'm gonna be taking the same pictures as I do with the F. Since launch it's been my most used digicam.
I've had a D500 for wildlife, never used it for anything else really. Thats gone.
Figured I'd invest in another ILC but honestly i now know don't need it.
Really like the other camera, but it was pure GAS
Financially it makes sense to choose one over the other.

Maybe one day...(very unlike me to be sensible actually)

As I said on the 'other' thread, I'd make the same decision if I had to choose between the two.

Thanks. I'm sure I've made the right decision.
The F is such a great camera.

Thanks. I'm sure I've made the right decision.
The F is such a great camera.

While I was in Leeds today waiting to see a neurosurgeon, as a consolation I bought myself a WCL. That's how much I love the X100F. (The surgeon said no need to operate)

The F over your shoulder, WCL and spare battery in pocket, happy days.......

Decision made, sticking with the F

Sending the other camera back for a refund.

Bugger. Having second thoughts. Might sell off some of my fillum gear instead..

Just been down to the sorting office to collect my Lensmate thumb grip, and pay the VAT. £10 VAT plus £8 surcharge for the Royal Mail! But anyway, all I can say is that it's worth every penny. It really transforms the handling of the camera. I was a little dubious about the folding mechanism, but it actually works. As far as I know there are no similar 3rd party grips yet which are specifically designed for the F.

Mr postman is due today. I'm a little nervous. I've wanted one of these since the rumours spec started going around the net. i hope i like it.

Just been down to the sorting office to collect my Lensmate thumb grip, and pay the VAT. £10 VAT plus £8 surcharge for the Royal Mail! But anyway, all I can say is that it's worth every penny. It really transforms the handling of the camera. I was a little dubious about the folding mechanism, but it actually works. As far as I know there are no similar 3rd party grips yet which are specifically designed for the F.

Stephen, I wouldn't mind seeing how this works - and chance of a photo to show it open and in its folded position - does it interfere with the thumbwheel on the back of the camera?

Cheers

Stephen, I wouldn't mind seeing how this works - and chance of a photo to show it open and in its folded position - does it interfere with the thumbwheel on the back of the camera?

Cheers
I'll sort out some pics later. It folds to allow access to the rear thumbwheel. A plus point is that in its normal position it blocks the thumbwheel from accidental activation.

Thanks Stephen,
I have just looked it up and now see that it just folds by 40 Deg and doesn't fold flat like I previously thought. No need for photos now but thanks anyway

Thanks Stephen,
I have just looked it up and now see that it just folds by 40 Deg and doesn't fold flat like I previously thought. No need for photos now but thanks anyway
40 degrees? More like 80! It's got a sort of click stop around 40, but can go on till close on 90.

I've been trying to customise my F today,I want the back dial to do the ISO any help appreciated.

I've been trying to customise my F today,I want the back dial to do the ISO any help appreciated.

I think you can only do the front dial. And I think the latest firmware needs to be installed. Only got mine today so can’t say for sure

Back