Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Afternoon - afraid to say I'm leaving the X100 world - it's a great camera, just deserves an owner who can make use of it. I've been snapping away with the iPhone too much to justify it sitting in the cupboard.
X100F in the classifieds as we speak.
All the best.

proper bargain too

Had the original, then the S for a day (but sent back as didn’t see it as much of an upgrade), had the T for over two years and loved it so hence the upgrade to the F. Will get a lot of use!

Just purchased a pretty much mint X100 original with 4 batteries boxed for £290 so I'm pretty happy with that.
Looking forward to joining you guys here when it arrives.
Nice to have this and the X-T1 kit so I'm sorted now.

Hey Chris, how are you getting on with it ?

I now have the WCL for my X100F. However, the lens front element is very close to the front of the body. Has anyone any recommendations for a (silver) lens hood (49mm thread) which does not vignette?

I now have the WCL for my X100F. However, the lens front element is very close to the front of the body. Has anyone any recommendations for a (silver) lens hood (49mm thread) which does not vignette?

When i had a Silver X100 i bought a cheap copy of the Fuji LH-X100 hood and AR-X100 adapter ring.
I'm sure it would have worked ok...but the colour was way off. I junked it and sprung for the genuine article.

expensive though...

When i had a Silver X100 i bought a cheap copy of the Fuji LH-X100 hood and AR-X100 adapter ring.
I'm sure it would have worked ok...but the colour was way off. I junked it and sprung for the genuine article.

expensive though...
Just worried about it vignetting on the WCL.

Hey Chris, how are you getting on with it ?
It came at 4.30 today Trevor but I'm just on my way to a meeting so it'll be later tonight before I unveil it as I've not been home yet :(
I think it'll be a late night and I may have to sleep with it!!!

Just worried about it vignetting on the WCL.
Won't get chance today. Try to get an example for you tomorrow if it helps. Can't say I've noticed any vignette myself.

Done it for you, camera on copy stand in full manual, white sheet of paper with some self promotion to focus on!!!!

WCL - no lens hood

WCL - Fuji Lens Hood

I started a separate thread on this but after thought I it would be better here I. I have an x100f and when using the evf after I 1/2 press the shutter button and achieve focus lock the screen will either go very dark or very bright best described as a flicker . Anyone else experience this?
Should add it only lasts a split second but is noticeable.

After a bit of googling it turns out I'm not on my own . It seems to be know as aperture chatter . So after focus lock the aperture opens up but rather than snap open it does it in steps which creates the flickering . This is in AP mode that I use the most . Strange thing is in manual mode it doesn't do it and the aperture is nice an snappy . Now that I've noticed it I can't unnotice it and it's doing my head in ! Just another Fuji quirk to add to their long list . :-(

After a bit of googling it turns out I'm not on my own . It seems to be know as aperture chatter . So after focus lock the aperture opens up but rather than snap open it does it in steps which creates the flickering . This is in AP mode that I use the most . Strange thing is in manual mode it doesn't do it and the aperture is nice an snappy . Now that I've noticed it I can't unnotice it and it's doing my head in ! Just another Fuji quirk to add to their long list . :-(

Mine only seems to do it slightly. My original X100 does something similar, cant say its ever bothered me, but then I'm not very prone to flicker anyway (eg never say rainbows on DLP projecters, etc)

The quality of the output of the images, and the beautiful handling (apart from 'F' Q button), more than makes up for any minor shortfall :)

Not sure if this would also be relevant to the 'F' but may be worth a look

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QlqswMAdUQ
Thanks for that . I think the issue for him was the fact its slowing down the camera . I'm not noticing it slowing down the F . It's just the affect its having on my screen as it's very hard to ignore . I can only describe it as you would think the connection from the camera to screen is loose . Now I know it's not ,as the problem doesn't occur when it's in manual mode

Mine only seems to do it slightly. My original X100 does something similar, cant say its ever bothered me, but then I'm not very prone to flicker anyway (eg never say rainbows on DLP projecters, etc)

The quality of the output of the images, and the beautiful handling (apart from 'F' Q button), more than makes up for any minor shortfall :)
Don't start me on the Q button ! Yeah the image quality is great but the screen not so :-( maybe I should check my firmware . It's been a while I've had Fuji but what's the quick way to check it ......I remember you hold a button while turning it on ?

Don't start me on the Q button ! Yeah the image quality is great but the screen not so :-( maybe I should check my firmware . It's been a while I've had Fuji but what's the quick way to check it ......I remember you hold a button while turning it on ?

Yep. Press and hold the Back button when turning on.

As you say once you notice it it's hard to ignore. I can hear the aperture "stepping" back to fully open when using the EVF but if I switch to OVF it's less audible and obviously no flicker then, but the reason the sound is less obvious is that the "stepping" back of the aperture is slowed down o_O I really need to get my hands on another F to compare.

I started a separate thread on this but after thought I it would be better here I. I have an x100f and when using the evf after I 1/2 press the shutter button and achieve focus lock the screen will either go very dark or very bright best described as a flicker . Anyone else experience this?
Should add it only lasts a split second but is noticeable.

Yes, my F does it too - can't say I ever noticed it before and TBH I don't think it is going to bother me that much.

Yes, my F does it too - can't say I ever noticed it before and TBH I don't think it is going to bother me that much.
I've just tried mine, and yes it briefly goes dark before achieving focus then goes to normal, and you can hear the aperture working. Never noticed it before.

As you say once you notice it it's hard to ignore. I can hear the aperture "stepping" back to fully open when using the EVF but if I switch to OVF it's less audible and obviously no flicker then, but the reason the sound is less obvious is that the "stepping" back of the aperture is slowed down o_O I really need to get my hands on another F to compare.
Yes I was going to go in to my local shop to compare. I think I just need to work on ignoring it lol

As long as it doesn't make a difference to the way I use the camera I can live with it, Maybe should have kept quiet though, everyone is noticing it now :D

As long as it doesn't make a difference to the way I use the camera I can live with it, Maybe should have kept quiet though, everyone is noticing it now :D
The more people that notice the better I'll feel about mine and that it's normal lol :)

If anyone is interested in trading their x100f fot an xpro 2 have a look here :)

And I've been tempted, thinking that if I traded the X100F and sold my X-T2 I'd have everything I need and some cash.

I sometimes like to use the leaf shutter though for flash/ but I've now got Godox AD200's to use HSS with
The X100F is nice and small to carry anywhere/ the 23f2 on the Pro2 would probably be manageable,
I've had an X-Pro2 already but missed the tilting screen on a few occasions / it was only a few.
I've just ordered another brand new WCL which is due to arrive tomorrow or Tuesday!

:runaway::runaway::runaway:

I've just ordered another brand new WCL which is due to arrive tomorrow or Tuesday!

Worthwhile. Though I'm not bothering with the TCL as it unbalances the camera, in my opinion, and there's usually sufficient leeway to be able to crop the file to that magnification without detriment.

I still have the X-T2. It was a difficult decision which to keep - the T2 or the Pro2, but in the end the tilty screen of the T2 swung it for me.

And I've been tempted, thinking that if I traded the X100F and sold my X-T2 I'd have everything I need and some cash.

I sometimes like to use the leaf shutter though for flash/ but I've now got Godox AD200's to use HSS with
The X100F is nice and small to carry anywhere/ the 23f2 on the Pro2 would probably be manageable,
I've had an X-Pro2 already but missed the tilting screen on a few occasions / it was only a few.

Great let me know when you want to sell this one, your old one took a tumble and put a small dent on the outside of the filter ring, its a bit tight now getting filters on and off!!! I could do with a new er one......:D

Worthwhile. Though I'm not bothering with the TCL as it unbalances the camera, in my opinion, and there's usually sufficient leeway to be able to crop the file to that magnification without detriment.

I still have the X-T2. It was a difficult decision which to keep - the T2 or the Pro2, but in the end the tilty screen of the T2 swung it for me.

I've set Fn2 to RAW, I normally shoot RAW+JPG, but pressing this puts the camera into JPG for the next shot only, then I can use the manual focus ring to set 50 or 70 for the next shot (50 being the TCL equivalent). I know its only an extrapolated JPG, but its still pretty good, and enables me quickly to get a shot I might otherwise have missed. This was taken with it at 70 at MAXXI in Rome.

MAXXI 04 2000px
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Great let me know when you want to sell this one, your old one took a tumble and put a small dent on the outside of the filter ring, its a bit tight now getting filters on and off!!! I could do with a new er one......:D

£157.99 at EGlobal and almost a fiver back through topcashback.

£157.99 at EGlobal and almost a fiver back through topcashback.
That's cheap for a WCL. Is it the Mk2 with the magnets? I paid £289 a couple of weeks ago from Dales. It's worth it to me to support a bricks and mortar shop where I can, and obviously I got it there and then. And I was able to try both the WCL and TCL before I decided.

gas must be an awful thing lol

No it's the Mk1 but a small magnet out of a poundland set of headphones and a small piece of tape makes it the same as the MkII :D

Back