Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Incoming x100T fwend :wave:

When did retailers stop offering the free leather case with x100f?

Anyone had issues with the Q button placement and accidentally hitting it with their thumb?

Are you finding it an issue?

Not invested in an F (yet.....) but on the Touch And Try day, it didn't cause me any issues, but apparently the beta testers (Fuji X Photographers) did voice complaints about it, but it wasn't moved for production cameras.

Invest in a thumbgrip, and you won't have the problem (or get used to positioning your thumb nearer the joystick)

I've been shooting a lot more with my original X100, and am (re) finding its brilliance as a package.Just debating what to sell to get an F to go alongside........

Because I inadvertently locked my camera on the Touch And Try Day, and it took several people (including Fuji reps) a lot of head scratching to recover it to a usable state.:D

Everything is locked, so even powering it up to reformat the card before going out won't work, unless you unlock first. Its probably just because I wasn't used to it that it caused me an issue

Ok, advice please from youse X100 shooters;

I quite fancy the X100T, I've never owned any of the X100 models, I've got the XT1 and had the XP1/XE1/XE2 in the past so I know the Fuji system very well.

So is the X100T worth getting over the standard X100 or the X100s models...?

Appreciate any feedback/replies on this. Cheers

Thanks;
Peter

Last edited:

I quite fancy the X100T, I've never owned any of the X100 models, I've got the XT1 and had the XP1/XE1/XE2 in the past so I know the Fuji system very well.

Thanks;
Peter

Peter it depends on what you want... they all take great pictures

The X100 may frustrate you with its smaller feature set, slow AF, slow shutter lag, no exposure preview in EVF, but it may delight you in the images that it produces.

The X100S moves to an X-Trans Sensor, is faster, and generally does what you will expect - Fuji state no more firmware updates

The X100T builds again, more features electronic shutter, improved hybrid viewfinder (allowing optical and small EVF in same view), Classic Chrome, more customisable function buttons

My 2p, buy the latest variant that you can afford.

Thanks;
Peter

Peter it depends on what you want... they all take great pictures

The X100 may frustrate you with its smaller feature set, slow AF, slow shutter lag, no exposure preview in EVF, but it may delight you in the images that it produces.

The X100S moves to an X-Trans Sensor, is faster, and generally does what you will expect - Fuji state no more firmware updates

The X100T builds again, more features electronic shutter, improved hybrid viewfinder (allowing optical and small EVF in same view), Classic Chrome, more customisable function buttons

My 2p, buy the latest variant that you can afford.

Peter, that's good advice from David.
Another big plus for the T over the previous models is the ability to customise the buttons in the same way as the X-T1 so if you are used to using all of the D-Pad for focus points you can do the same with the T. Makes switching between the cameras a lot smoother IMO.

David and Colin has already come up with great points. I found the T a bit quicker than the S and with the added Bonus of Classic Chrome, wifi and being able to chose additional colours in addition white for focus peaking.

With the Camera remote app you can also shoot from your phone which makes up for the lack of tilting screen.

Andy

well, this is going to be an experience...took a few shots, went home..saw the wife..confessed to purchase ( countered by sale of lenses so she's happy )...said i didn't like it

Give it time she said..its grey outside, you have nothing to shoot, took a photo of her..she said its produces lovely colours..came back to the office..disheartened

So...although i have the Fuji case with the purchase, i'd really like something big enough to carry the hood, spare battery, memory cards...nothing huge, just big enough for this so any suggestions please ?

Last edited:
its very different to the x30 and m43..( relatively ) slow to focus by comparison. Of course, i hope i'll grow to like it as so many rave about it - after 20 minutes its too early to draw conclusions

well, this is going to be an experience...took a few shots, went home..saw the wife..confessed to purchase ( countered by sale of lenses so she's happy )...said i didn't like it

Give it time she said..its grey outside, you have nothing to shoot, took a photo of her..she said its produces lovely colours..came back to the office..disheartened

So...although i have the Fuji case with the purchase, i'd really like something big enough to carry the hood, spare battery, memory cards...nothing huge, just big enough for this so any suggestions please ?

At least one of you has your head screwed on :D

In relation to your bag quest, what is wrong with a coat pocket!!!

(I don't actually use a hood, other than the slight one you get when using the filter ring adapter, I leave this on all the time, and the lens cap fits it, and it still fits in the case, happy days.......)

its very different to the x30 and m43..( relatively ) slow to focus by comparison. Of course, i hope i'll grow to like it as so many rave about it - after 20 minutes its too early to draw conclusions

Blackrapid Snapr35 is a good fir and has the handy sling strap built in. Not sure if they still make them or not though.

Some of us have stronger willpower! I've been X100 free for almost a year, I get my 1 year chip a week on Thursday. Might get myself a T to celebrate :D

I've not bought a lens for 15 months now, and even sold the 4 least used ones (all on TP - 3 of which have been subsequently resold by their purchasers!!!)

Wasn't going to buy a body in 2016, but accidentally bought an X-T2, so as a reward to myself I think I deserve an X100F :p:D

yeah, it was a good reply from her I guess.

Usually have the camera in the car so not in a coat pocket..does the Fuji case allow the hood to be fitted and it still closes OK ?

It takes some getting used to. I Bought the S and T twice and sold them both. It's a camera that makes you think about your photography and your composition. It's not a camera that you just grab and shoot although for street photography you can do just put it n auto ISO setting it to minimum of 1/60 shutter speed and f8. The more you use it learn about the features and set it up to how you want it then hopefully you will then begin to love it and appreciate what it can do.

It

It takes some getting used to. I Bought the S and T twice and sold them both. It's a camera that makes you think about your photography and your composition. It's not a camera that you just grab and shoot although for street photography you can do just put it n auto ISO setting it to minimum of 1/60 shutter speed and f8. The more you use it learn about the features and set it up to how you want it then hopefully you will then begin to love it and appreciate what it can do.

It
^ This

I find that it slows you down, makes you think about what you are taking pictures of, I think that my composition improved a lot when I used the X100 as my only camera, you have to work harder to get that rewarding shot.

BTW for street I'd go 1/125th min and F4, Auto ISO

Try the National Geographic bags stocked by manfrotto. I have 2 one for the F and another for the X70.

@macvisual

But be aware, once the X100 bug has got you nothing short of an X100F will do, so start saving now.......(I'm still saving.....)

Also to state the obvious Macvisual (Pete), the new F has the 24 mp sensor, same as the XT2 and XP2. I think you'd love an X100 in your bag [emoji106]

I've managed to resist buying the F so far...... but it's only a matter of time

Last edited:

Is it wrong that I lol'd at this? You'd feel so much better if it was silver.

Back