Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Well, I bought a Jessops Semi Fisheye lens and Macro adaptor for my X100F so that I'd have something to play with over the Christmas period and keep me away from squabbling children. But we've had such a problematic Christmas with one elderly relative dying and another in A&E after having had a major stroke and I just haven't had the time for anything. So, if anyone with an X100 derivative is interested I will be putting said Fisheye lens in the Classifieds (Accessories) - as soon as Photobucket stops mucking me around that is.
Hey ho - Happy New Year everyone :)

Last edited:
So, despite previous misgivings, last week I bought a TCL. And contrary to previous experiences with this converter, for some reason it felt a lot better on the X100F than on the S version. Anyway, this morning I took the dog on a short walk equipped with said converter, and got this shot of Pen-y-ghent. Just a 20 minute stroll from our front door. Processed and cropped in LR with no sharpening applied, just a bit of clarity.

Pen-y-ghent by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Well, I bought a Jessops Semi Fisheye lens and Macro adaptor for my X100F so that I'd have something to play with over the Christmas period and keep me away from squabbling children. But we've had such a problematic Christmas with one elderly relative dying and another in A&E after having had a major stroke and I just haven't had the time for anything. So, if anyone with an X100 derivative is interested I will be putting said Fisheye lens in the Classifieds (Accessories) - as soon as Photobucket stops mucking me around that is.
Hey ho - Happy New Year everyone :)

Keep it. It’ll be a bit of fun sooner or later.

Lost my bloody cap today.

Now that is a serious issue... would drive me potty having to retrace my steps trying to find it. Can imagine someone picking it up i wonder what this is,probably on someones shelf in their living room or left in a coat pocket. End up in a shed full of nuts and bolts. Hope you manage to find it though :)

If you use the filter adapter and lens hood then you can't use that silly press on cap. Mine is in the loft with the original box etc. Better still, buy a WCL as that comes with a Fuji pinch cap :)

Now that is a serious issue... would drive me potty having to retrace my steps trying to find it. Can imagine someone picking it up i wonder what this is,probably on someones shelf in their living room or left in a coat pocket. End up in a shed full of nuts and bolts. Hope you manage to find it though :)
Yes I retraced my steps but nothing. I think it must have fallen in the leisure centre or I would have heard it land outside. I asked at reception but again nothing. I'll ask again today.

Sorry, but when I read this I thought you meant HAT; ‘cos my flat cap blew off this morning. :D

Whenever I go out, the first thing I do is take the lens cap off and put it in my pocket. The lenshood (it’s one of those tunnel types) is enough protection.

After The Rain...
k4pGozI.jpg

Getting to grips with the X100f I bought recently, still trying to decide to take just the F or my Nikon kit away on holiday next week.

X1000373
by Dave Young, on Flickr

X1000355
by Dave Young, on Flickr
Just take the F and see how liberated you feel. Zoom with your feet. See the lack of focal-length variations as a challenge, not a problem. The sell your Nikon.:D

Bit too much lifting of the shadows on that one for me so there's haloing around the shed, tree and wood to the left of the shed

Last edited:
Bit too much lifting of the shadows on that one for me so there's haloing around the ched, tree and wood to the left of the shed

Thanks Damian for your feedback,i dont think the lifting of the shadows was that bad but would agree about some haloing,i have reuploaded with some minor adjustments.

Finally got to have a quick play with the X100F

Focus point was between the nose and eyes but the bottom right sofa seems more in focus, what am I doing wrong guys ?

Was set to single point not zone or wide, got a few shots where this has happened.

Cheers

Ted by ImageMaker, on Flickr

Looking on Flickr, perhaps the "moustache" is in the same focal plane as the sofa so that's what appears to be "in focus" but I think they both are due to DoF

Finally got to have a quick play with the X100F

Focus point was between the nose and eyes but the bottom right sofa seems more in focus, what am I doing wrong guys ?

Was set to single point not zone or wide, got a few shots where this has happened.

Cheers

Ted by ImageMaker, on Flickr

Nice dog, (cockerpoo? - I’ve got one, she’s a crazy mental clown [emoji3]).

Looks like the dogs nose and the sofa are on the same plane? If so maybe the dog moved and the sofa didn’t? Try a smaller aperture or a static subject to test your technique. Hope this helps.

Edit - just followed the link and you shot at f2, try stopping down a couple, should still give you some bokeh but a larger depth of field [emoji106]

Last edited:
Back