Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

I had the F,thought it was a lovely camera but I just didn't find it satisfied me in the same way as the original so I sold it.
I wouldn't change this for any other Fuji available right now.

anyone or everyone use manual mode and focus with AF/AE lock button?on the X100 that is.
it seems to focus a lot faster for some reason.

Just tried this, running latest X100 firmware, and can't see any difference, even with the same size focus area. It's still of the 'send it a postcard' to focus variety, ie pedestrian :D

I think its fair to say under certain conditions it slow to focus but in decent light which I what I shoot in 99% of the time its good

Just tried the em10ii in bathroom with the light on and its definitely faster than the x but x not far behind

Well the WCL-X100 I bought last weekend turned up today. Not without its drama given it appears to have developed a very small dent on the front whilst traversing through the mail meaning it’s really very tight (read almost impossible) to get a filter on.

Was going to return to the seller but he made me an offer I couldn’t refuse to keep it - so I just need to figure out a filter/hood I can stick on the front end of it!

Well the WCL-X100 I bought last weekend turned up today. Not without its drama given it appears to have developed a very small dent on the front whilst traversing through the mail meaning it’s really very tight (read almost impossible) to get a filter on.

Was going to return to the seller but he made me an offer I couldn’t refuse to keep it - so I just need to figure out a filter/hood I can stick on the front end of it!

The standard X100 hood fits on it (over the outside of the lens, so does not use the thread)

When I dented my filter ring, I found that I could get a step ring adapted on for filters, but not use filters directly

Last edited:
The perennial problem for me with photography is that:-

1.. I'm not very good at it and have little opportunity for considered photography.
2. I do most of my photography when I'm out and about (see above) and rarely go out with the intention of having a photo session somewhere.
3. I have to carry my camera and I absolutely hate shoulder bags - so a belt pouch is a necessity - either that or the camera has to be truly pocketable.
4. I like to have the best IQ (within reason) and therefore phone cameras and compacts are generally of no use.
5. I don't like changing lenses when outside - it's an inconvenience and I would always have the wrong lens on when I came to take the image.

Recently, I have bought a Sony RX100M3 for this usage but it's small and a bit fiddly and I have big paws - but generally speaking the images are remarkable for such a small camera. However, I like Fuji colours. I have the X100F and really like it - not just as a camera but also as a beautifully made piece of machinery. But, as I've said a few times on here, it just ain't pocketable and with the WCL or (even worse) the TCL it's as big and as heavy as an XT2/18-55. What would be nice is for Fuji to make an X40 with a 1 inch sensor, a 28 - 112mm manual zoom and Fuji colours ( I found the X30 to be really good but not enough MP to enable me to crop the image)

I am truly in a dilemma over this issue and find myself going over it again and again - Arghhhhhh!!!

Have you looked at the Panny TZ100? Just in case you've never heard of it it's a 1" compact with a long range zoom, something like 25-250mm, and it's pocketable.

As you have big hands you may think it's too fiddly, I have few problems with it.

The perennial problem for me with photography is that:-

1.. I'm not very good at it and have little opportunity for considered photography.
2. I do most of my photography when I'm out and about (see above) and rarely go out with the intention of having a photo session somewhere.
3. I have to carry my camera and I absolutely hate shoulder bags - so a belt pouch is a necessity - either that or the camera has to be truly pocketable.
4. I like to have the best IQ (within reason) and therefore phone cameras and compacts are generally of no use.
5. I don't like changing lenses when outside - it's an inconvenience and I would always have the wrong lens on when I came to take the image.

Recently, I have bought a Sony RX100M3 for this usage but it's small and a bit fiddly and I have big paws - but generally speaking the images are remarkable for such a small camera. However, I like Fuji colours. I have the X100F and really like it - not just as a camera but also as a beautifully made piece of machinery. But, as I've said a few times on here, it just ain't pocketable and with the WCL or (even worse) the TCL it's as big and as heavy as an XT2/18-55. What would be nice is for Fuji to make an X40 with a 1 inch sensor, a 28 - 112mm manual zoom and Fuji colours ( I found the X30 to be really good but not enough MP to enable me to crop the image)

I am truly in a dilemma over this issue and find myself going over it again and again - Arghhhhhh!!!

I had an x100 and used to take it out as it was without any accessories ( don't need them with this camera IMO )

It fitted in a tactical shirt pocket ( just a shirt made for Bear Grylls types )

But it was a shirt that looks quite normal.

I have my x100 in an Optech neoprene pouch that fits in the pocket of my gilet. If I have the WCL I just have that in the other pocket.

Also have an RX100M3 and they are great. Need some time to set up the custom settings as they are fiddly to do on the fly. Once done it’s a great camera for a truly pocketable option.

Fuji is the one I use for fun though. Whilst the Sony produces great images I wouldn’t say it was enjoyable to use in the way the x100 is.

I don't know where my last post disappeared to - gremlins in the works??

Last edited:
so much of a problem , you've posted it twice with a slight edit ;)

When i had my X100T, i always went for that despite the fact that the RX100 is more pocketable. Just preferred the Fuji experience, i find the Sony fiddly and clinical

I have to carry my camera and I absolutely hate shoulder bags - so a belt pouch is a necessity - either that or the camera has to be truly pocketable.

Andrew,

I had a custom length strap made for my X100, so I can wear it crossover style, it has enough length so that I can comfortably bring the camera up to my eye. In my case 135cm (it was made by 1901fotografi )

I find it very comfortable to use, and like the camera being at my side when walking.

Andrew,

I had a custom length strap made for my X100, so I can wear it crossover style, it has enough length so that I can comfortably bring the camera up to my eye. In my case 135cm (it was made by 1901fotografi )

I find it very comfortable to use, and like the camera being at my side when walking.

Thanks David,
It's not so much the carrying of it that's the problem, I have a belt pouch for that - it's the fact that that the focal length is restricted to 35mm equiv. A zoom option would be lovely (as on the X30) and better for me than carting around WCLs and TCLs. I know that the X100F has a digital zoom but the image suffers accordingly.

Last edited:
I bought an x100t from the classifieds the other day, really fun wee camera to use. I had been looking for one of these for my daughter who who was wanting a retro styled camera and the more I looked the more I fancied one for myself just for messing around with. Ended up getting my daughter an X-T20 instead and getting the X100T for myself. :)

Thanks David,
It's not so much the carrying of it that's the problem, I have a belt pouch for that - it's the fact that that the focal length is restricted to 35mm equiv. A zoom option would be lovely (as on the X30) and better for me than carting around WCLs and TCLs. I know that the X100F has a digital zoom but the image suffers accordingly.

Given what the digital zoom is, I think the resultant image quality is ok, yes there is no RAW and it's interpolated, buts its certainly not shabby.

If you want a zoom, you could look at the X-E3 with the new pancake 15-45 zoom.

Thanks David,
funny how people differs find just the opposite, I love that im restricted to just 1 FL.
what about a smaller body XE3 with an 18-55?
Perceptively beaten and I didn't know there was a15-45,nice

Last edited:
I don’t think there is such a thing as the perfect camera - or case/bag for that matter. But for me the X100F is the closest I have used so far. It’s both helped and hindered by the converters, but these days I really have to be forced to use the X-T2 and lenses. As regards a bag for the X100, I use the Peak Design Sling 5L, which holds the X100F and both converters with space for extra batteries and one of those little Manfrotto table-top tripods. It can be used as a sling bag or as a waist/bum/fanny bag with no compromise.

Back