Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Sorry to say it guys... but I’ve put my X100F up for sale in the classifieds....

However, I have just taken delivery of a shiny new X-T3, 23mm f2 and 56mm f1.2...

I do love the X100F, I just can’t justify keeping it alongside my X-T3 (especially with the 23mm lens) and my Nikon kit.

Sorry to say it guys... but I’ve put my X100F up for sale in the classifieds....

However, I have just taken delivery of a shiny new X-T3, 23mm f2 and 56mm f1.2...

I do love the X100F, I just can’t justify keeping it alongside my X-T3 (especially with the 23mm lens) and my Nikon kit.

That's a shame. But must admit I felt the same when I bought an XT-2. The X100T still had a size advantage but otherwise I had everything else covered in a more flexible, and still not too large package. And I found the control differences between the two similar enough to feel at home but different enough that I was constantly fumbling for the wrong button.

So in the end X100T went. But I must warn you, that within a year, The X-T2 had gone and I had an X100T back in my life and it's still here!

That's a shame. But must admit I felt the same when I bought an XT-2. The X100T still had a size advantage but otherwise I had everything else covered in a more flexible, and still not too large package. And I found the control differences between the two similar enough to feel at home but different enough that I was constantly fumbling for the wrong button.

So in the end X100T went. But I must warn you, that within a year, The X-T2 had gone and I had an X100T back in my life and it's still here!
And this is why despite having an X-T2 and trinity of lenses, my X100F would always be the last to go.

And this is why despite having an X-T2 and trinity of lenses, my X100F would always be the last to go.

Well, I went the other way after three X100, one X100S and two X100F. I love the form but I found the 23mm fixed lens too much of a restriction. I have an X-E3 now as my lightweight walkabout camera and for me at least, it is a much better arrangement.

Just ordered an X100F and looking forward to getting back in to photography.

Had an XT-1 up until 3 years ago but had a bit of burn out and got a bit fed up with lugging lenses about or not being able to decide which ones to take!

Is there anything I should be aware of settings wise that I should set up before getting started?

Although I have gone over to Nikon Z6 :exit:for my "main" camera, and I haven't used my F for quite a while, I don't think anything will replace it which will affordably give me the same combination of portability and IQ. Might be tempted to get rid of the TCL as I have hardly used it, though. The WCL is staying!

Just ordered an X100F and looking forward to getting back in to photography.

Had an XT-1 up until 3 years ago but had a bit of burn out and got a bit fed up with lugging lenses about or not being able to decide which ones to take!

Is there anything I should be aware of settings wise that I should set up before getting started?

No just set it up as you want, its a great camera

Although I have gone over to Nikon Z6 :exit:for my "main" camera, and I haven't used my F for quite a while, I don't think anything will replace it which will affordably give me the same combination of portability and IQ. Might be tempted to get rid of the TCL as I have hardly used it, though. The WCL is staying!

X100F + WCL in your pocket is a great lightweight combo, I agree about the TCL its a bit meh, but I'll keep it to complete the set!

Can anyone recommend a belt pouch for the X100F?

Have a manfrotto one which I am looking to replace. All the ones I have seen tend to be for smaller compacts. Something similar to this would be ideal?

Have a manfrotto one which I am looking to replace. All the ones I have seen tend to be for smaller compacts. Something similar to this would be ideal?

I found this really difficult when I had my x100 cameras - they were either too small or big enough for my X-T2 and lens. In the end, I got a cheapie from ebay

Does the 100F focus any quicker than the 100T?

I presume you want it to actually fit your belt? If not the Optech D Micro is housing your old X100T very nicely. It has a clip to attach it to stuff but unfathomably no belt loop, though you could make slots.

Hi, can anyone recommend a thumb grip for the T.

Looking on Amazon it seems that quality and fit can be an issue with some
The best thumb rests are Lensmate, but they're not cheap and they generally come from the States, with attendant customs charges (in my experience :(). Unless, of course, you can find one used.

This week's Yorkshire Dales Print - The Strid

Fotospeed A3 Platinum Baryta 300 - Canon Pro-1000 - Fuji X100F

COkSfDVh.jpg

No just set it up as you want, its a great camera

X100F + WCL in your pocket is a great lightweight combo, I agree about the TCL its a bit meh, but I'll keep it to complete the set!

I keep meaning to get a WCL. I have the TCL on my F and I love it for the pics that I take. It means that the d800 is relatively redundant on our campervan trips as the x100f is so much smaller!

I have a Raynox 250 and the tcl so it gives me a range of options. Also yongnuo (canon) triggers for off camera flash and this little beauty has got me back to taking pics again!

I did think it was on the pricey side when I got the F but it’s been well worth it!

The JPEGS are brilliant (as somebody who always shot RAW!)

It's now 15 months since I sold my X100f. Think it's maybe been long enough and I might be ready to get another.

Back