Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Anyone still in here? Might get a new F before they disappear for good.

I still get alerts for this thread but most now post in the main Fuji thread.
There is an X100F in the classifieds at the moment. I've got mine for sale elsewhere at the moment too as even before the lockdown it wasn't getting used much.

I’d love one but I “need” a floppy screen ( just easier with dodgy knees ) so I’m eyeing m43 gear as the V is too pricey for me at the moment..

How many X100V owners in here please?
Are you pleased with it? Any issues or annoyances?
Any X100F users decided against upgrading? If so what was the deciding factor?

Still on the fence about a return to any kind of camera over and above my smartphone (11Pro so has a useful wide, normal and tele lens) and what normally happens which is the camera gets left at home :rolleyes:

Still on the fence about a return to any kind of camera over and above my smartphone (11Pro so has a useful wide, normal and tele lens) and what normally happens which is the camera gets left at home :rolleyes:

@Riz_Guru @Fuji Dave

Thanks for the tag Trevor.

@bl0at3r I`ve had both and still own the X100V. The F is a great camera camera and really did love using it for some indoor jazz shots till it went swimming. The V is even better as the new updated lens is a lot sharper wide open @f2, plus with the little WR kit now makes the V weather sealed through out. The ISO dial you now pull up and turn then push it it back down. Either camera is great, but for me the X100V is a a lot better.

Last edited:
Thank you sir

Thanks for the tag Trevor.

@bl0at3r I`ve had both and still own the X100V. The F is a great camera camera and really did love using it for some indoor jazz shots till it went swimming. The V is even better as the new updated lens is a lot sharper wide open @f2, plus with the little WR kit now makes the V weather sealed through out. The ISO dial you now pull up and turn then push it it back down. Either camera is great, but for me the X100V is a a lot better.

Thank you Dave - hadn’t realised about the ISO dial. I do like to shoot wide open so extra sharpness can’t be bad.

Is the F "poor" at f2 ? everyone said the T was poor but the copy i had was fine

Never noticed the 2xFs I had were especially soft

I have owned the original X100 way back in 2011 and really loved it, it's a more slower paced tool when compared to my previous Sony A9 and high-end lenses etc.
I have only taken around 800-900 shots so far but it really is a special joyful camera to use, oozes quality.
I tried the X100F in-store and it was a bit sluggish in terms of AF and the old lens a f2.0 is noticeable soft compared to the V.
If you can afford the X100V, i'd say go for it..... not much to complain about tbh.

I have owned the original X100 way back in 2011 and really loved it, it's a more slower paced tool when compared to my previous Sony A9 and high-end lenses etc.
I have only taken around 800-900 shots so far but it really is a special joyful camera to use, oozes quality.
I tried the X100F in-store and it was a bit sluggish in terms of AF and the old lens a f2.0 is noticeable soft compared to the V.
If you can afford the X100V, i'd say go for it..... not much to complain about tbh.

Thank you for the feedback - has anyone found the lack of D-pad an issue?

Why do you say that Stephen?
Good question. Partly for sentimental reasons - it was the only camera I took with me to Australia and Hong Kong the other year, and partly because, especially with the WCL, it’s so versatile. Sure, it’s a bit slow focussing, and the sensor is noisy compared to my Z6, but it’s really tactile and makes you consider your photo. Daft as it sounds, it’s the next best thing to an old film camera (and I don’t necessarily mean Leica).

Bought an X100V. Seems like this thread is dead because everyone posts in the other Fuji X one :grumpy:

The rear screen on my X100F has stopped working...I can still see the menus and images etc. using the EVF so not all lost. The Fuji repair site seems to give a blanket £155 to repair anything, not sure if I should or just leave it. Had it since they first came out and loved it. Goes everywhere and perfect for holidays (when they were a thing), The "maybe I should buy a new camera" dangers started coming over me when it happened! Because obviously £1500+ is wiser than £155 to repair...:p

The rear screen on my X100F has stopped working...I can still see the menus and images etc. using the EVF so not all lost. The Fuji repair site seems to give a blanket £155 to repair anything, not sure if I should or just leave it. Had it since they first came out and loved it. Goes everywhere and perfect for holidays (when they were a thing), The "maybe I should buy a new camera" dangers started coming over me when it happened! Because obviously £1500+ is wiser than £155 to repair...:p

You haven't by chance accidentally pressed the View Mode button, have you?

Is the sensor next to the viewfinder dirty? Happened a lot with my old Nikon Z6.

You haven't by chance accidentally pressed the View Mode button, have you?
Is the sensor next to the viewfinder dirty? Happened a lot with my old Nikon Z6.
I've checked that, first thing that showed up when searching. I can see the screen's backlight come on when I switch mode so the sensor/button are working well but no data is coming to it. I admit it seems strange and part of me does wonder if the kids played with some settings but the fact that the backlight still comes on doesn't line up.

Back