Fuji x100

I have this copy of the genuine leather one and it's pretty good. I've not seen a genuine one so can't be sure what difference there is in quality but I'm quite happy with it.

That looks very good value, sometimes these things cost a fortune.

Doesn't look like I'm going to have the funds together to buy one until end of April or May.

Already doing lots of research on straps, cases, hoods, etc in preparation.

Definitely buying new though. I want the warranty given the number of failures I've read about.

Cynergist said:
Doesn't look like I'm going to have the funds together to buy one until end of April or May.

Already doing lots of research on straps, cases, hoods, etc in preparation.

Definitely buying new though. I want the warranty given the number of failures I've read about.

New or from the fuji refurb shop which gives you a year long warranty. To my mind however, a 15% saving wasn't enough to justify purchasing a used / refurbished unit.

I went for the 2 yr warranty and Platinum service from Park Cameras. £699 with next day guaranteed delivery swung it for me
Allan

I went for the 2 yr warranty and Platinum service from Park Cameras. £699 with next day guaranteed delivery swung it for me
Allan

Was that a year with fuji and year with park themselves?..Thats interesting as when I rang them they said it was just a year warranty with platinum service.

I'm tempted by one of these but I'm drawn more to the 35mm f1.4 and the X Pro 1. Hmmm. Choices...

Allan

I've ordered from Clifton Cameras as they are quite local, sadly they don't have stock at the moment so I have to wait until next week :shake: It would've been nice to have it for the weekend but I've consoled myself by picking up a Canon 70-200 mkII :D

Well, yes. But my GF is working abroad and I'm FREEEEEEE!

I've ordered from Clifton Cameras as they are quite local, sadly they don't have stock at the moment so I have to wait until next week :shake: It would've been nice to have it for the weekend but I've consoled myself by picking up a Canon 70-200 mkII :D
Cant fault clifton they were very helpfull and pleasure to deal with.
Well, yes. But my GF is working abroad and I'm FREEEEEEE!
Nice choice to have and position to be in..:LOL:

Cant fault clifton they were very helpfull and pleasure to deal with.

Yes they are very helpful. 2 year warranty and a free 4GB card as well on the X100.

I can't believe I haven't used them sooner. I didn't realise they were so close to me, from "Clifton Cameras" I had assumed they were in Bristol! Anyway, nice to know that I have a good brick and mortar shop 20mins away :)

Yep I would use them again..Ian was very helpfull and they even register the camera for you with fuji etc for the platinum service.

allanm said:
What sort of cases do people use? Is it worth getting the ever ready types or is there something more suitable. I don't want anything big or obtrusive, at the moment I have a small NG1152 that fits ok, but I thought it deserved better.

Allan

I have a genuine leather Fuji one, very well made but I only use it as a half case and it's a little bit of a pain when it comes to swapping out batteries or mem cards. I have just ordered one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320867801...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_5706wt_754

Hopefully it will work out ok with the thumb grip I bought :)

I just ordered a Think Tank modular pouch, looks like it will do the trick. The leather ever ready case types look the business, I'll have to see if I can try one out first before I get one though.

Allan

I just got a crumpler jimmy bo 600 from the classifieds and its perfect for the x100 if you plan on carrying few extra bits.Fits great in main compartment but plenty of space for additional items as well.Will use the lowepro ilc 50 if dont need to carry anything else though.

:thinking: mmm got a problem with my viewfinder this morning..if I switch from ovf to evf the evf is only filling a section of the view and there is an area around it thats still optical..its also very blurred and ghosting when you move the camera around.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound too good.
What serial number range is yours? I've been having a look on line at problems people seem to have with the camera and wondered if Fuji have made any modifications in their later cameras. Mine starts 21N
Allan

Mine starts 21n also mate..if you have it on evf and move the camera slightly everything multiplies for example one object turns into 3 or four and its ghosting.

Hope this gives you idea of what I mean..if I move the camera at all I just get a trail of duplicate objects.

P1010364.jpg

Hope this gives you idea of what I mean..if I move the camera at all I just get a trail of duplicate objects.

That doesn't look good :(

To eliminate a software issue, have you tried to reset the camera to defaults?

:( No joy..tried reset and removing battery etc but still the same.

:( No joy..tried reset and removing battery etc but still the same.

Ooops. Just what you don't need at the start of a Bank Holiday..:crying:

Allan

Nope certainly not mate. Was going to go out with it as well today.Its still usable but makes you feel like you have had 2 bottles of wine looking through viewfinder.:nuts:

Does it work ok with the OVF and rear screen? I quite like the OVF especially when it's bright
Allan

OVF is fine although the grid and frame lines seem to be flicking from bright to dim?? only thing is when you take a pic the image preview that comes up is ghosting behind whats in view..like its layered on top bit like in the photo I posted. Guess fuji platinum service doesnt include good friday lol have emailed first thing but no response,guessing I wont hear until Tuesday now.

Looks like mine is going to be delivered on Thursday.

I've a couple of NP-95 batteries from my old Fujifilm F31fd. Think I'll try looking for the charger and get them ready for the delivery.

Thats exactly what is happening mate..thankyou very much.The shutter isnt closing off when I switch to evf.Just looked and its staying open.(y)

Are you taking it to Bedford or posting it back for repair?
Allan

Are you taking it to Bedford or posting it back for repair?
Allan

I didnt know they were in Bedford!!They are sending out packaging today so will just post it back to them..Fast response to emails and cant complain about them yet!:LOL:

From reading about the Platinum service, it looks like if you are close to Bedford you can book an appointment to have it fixed while you wait.

I used to work in Bedford, so this would have been very helpful. But now I'm only in the area about once a month. Reading things like this made it sound as if Fuji has pretty good after care service. What have people's experiences been with them?

If there is a problem, do people tend to deal mainly with their retailer or directly with Fuji? My camera is coming from Parks, but I'm in a completely different part of the country.

(Just 2 days left before delivery now)

Bedford is driveable for me but not when busy with work so probably quicker to post it to them.:cool:
I have heard only good things regarding fujis after care service and hoping I can say the same. With the platinum service you get a direct email address so you deal with fuji direct not the retailer.They guarentee a response within 1 hour as long as its not easter weekend!:bonk::LOL: But they did contact me first thing today which was good.You also get a free health check of your camera after 11 months by fuji also.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a little info on the X100.

I'm thinking about getting one or possibly a X Pro 1 or maybe both. Getting both may sound a little mad but they're different beasts and as the X100 is slightly smaller and has a built in flash it could be my take anywhere casual camera whilst the X Pro 1 could be a little more of a serious beast.

So, as there have been firmware updates since the X100 came out I wonder if someone could let me know if the various reported little bugs and issues have been pretty much cured now? I'm thinking of some of the early reports of hanging, poor focus performance and sticking apertures. Is all well now or is there anything to look out for?

Thanks if anyone can help and get me up to speed.

The sticky blades was nothing to do with firmware updates but seems it was the earlier models suffered with it. From what I can tell a lot of the bugs people complained about have been fixed through latest firmware.AF speed is pretty snappy and supposed to be greatly improved and start up time seems much faster.

Great stuff.

I'll give it some thought with a bit more confidence now. :D

Great stuff.

I'll give it some thought with a bit more confidence now. :D

Go for it. I bought one last week and have been very impressed so far. Fuji seems to have improved greatly since I had my S3 Pro, I even went out yesterday and bought its little brother, the X10. Very pleased with that too. I know both cameras have issues, but their customer service and turnaround of repairs seem impressive after reading of other peoples experiences
Allan

At first I was a bit put off by the lens, I'd rather it was a 35mm f1.4 than a 23mm f2, but I remember shooting with my Bessa and 35mm f2.5 and the Fuji will match the FoV and at least I'd have the option of shooting at higher ISO's so all in all it should be a very similar and perhaps even slightly better experience... and that's what I wanted from the GF1 but never really got because of the lack of a VF.

Back