Fuji x100

Excellent skin tones.
Did you set a particular colour profile?
The jpegs SOOC look so good I'm not going to bother with raw files.

Thanks Laurance. I actually don't know what settings it was on! I brought the camera second hand and just shot with the existing settings. It was with flash as well. I'd imagine it was Standard.

Last edited:
Gaz81 said:
I was thinking around £300

X Pro was is a bit to much!

Get over to the Fuji refurb store. An X10 and use discount code P10FEB15. Get yourself an excellent little camera at a very good price.
Great stablemate to X100.

Interesting article on petapixel.

Apparently the x100 has been discontinued on several sites and reduced heavily on others hinting at a x200 announcement for photokina in September.

I had an epl-2 and I thought it was a superb camera. Get Lumix lenses and you have the best of both worlds.

Might stretch your £300 budget though if you want more than one lens!

Dont discount the X10. It complements the X100 very well.

Allan

TCR4x4 said:
Interesting article on petapixel.

Apparently the x100 has been discontinued on several sites and reduced heavily on others hinting at a x200 announcement for photokina in September.

I've only just got my X100 and I'm loving it. I would, however, be interested in an upgrade of the X200 (should it arrive) if it had a 50mm equivalent. I just prefer that range.

Full frame and 50mm would convert me in a second.

I want the x100 but with proper manual focusing, better AF, better buttons and faster operation.

The lens, sensor, size and everything else is perfect for me.

I want the x100 but with proper manual focusing, better AF, better buttons and faster operation.

The lens, sensor, size and everything else is perfect for me.

Add an automatic ND filter to that list!

EDIT
and add a lock to the exposure compensation dial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rapscallion said:
Add an automatic ND filter to that list!

EDIT
and add a lock to the exposure compensation dial.

Auto ISO needs to be an option under the ISO setting rather than a separate menu.

I think everybody has pretty much nailed it with the list of desirables. It's perhaps a mark of how good the camera is generally that the few foibles it does have are so obvious.

A minor gripe for me is that the little black thumb wheel thing is barely used for anything. It's in a handy spot so maybe a few controls could utilise it. I'd also like an iso dial if it could be squeezed in, with an 'A' setting just like the other dials. In fact, maybe an iso dial in place of exposure compensation wheel and exposure comp moved to the that thumb control thing...

Does anyone know of a good anti-glare/reflective screen protector?

I don't know if its the x100 screen in general or the GGS protector I have on but I have a hard time seeing pictures in sunlight - and in fact even indoors i can use it like a mirror!!!

Does anyone know of a good anti-glare/reflective screen protector?

I don't know if its the x100 screen in general or the GGS protector I have on but I have a hard time seeing pictures in sunlight - and in fact even indoors i can use it like a mirror!!!

Haven't experience that issue myself with GGS. I'm sure I saw a shaded cover available from somewhere but it looked like it would make the view finder very awkward to use.

On a related note, my GGS protector has only lasted 3 weeks and now has a huge crack in it. No idea what's caused it, but I'm really hoping that when I peel it off, it's done its job! Time to get a proper case I think.

A minor gripe for me is that the little black thumb wheel thing is barely used for anything.

I just use it for zooming in to check focus on playback after a shot.

Allan

trevorbray said:
Get over to the Fuji refurb store. An X10 and use discount code P10FEB15. Get yourself an excellent little camera at a very good price.

Lordy, the X10 is £269 now!

Gaz81 said:
Lordy, the X10 is £269 now!

Where?!? Fuji?

Edit: ahhh, with the 10% off. I did wonder because I've just ordered one and thought that's be just typical if it had dropped in price. :)

Last edited:
Yep, with the code :)

I've chosen the camera to go with my X100, an E-PM1.

Just need to sell the kit lens and get the 45mm f1.8 for it!

then have 35mm and 90mm :)

Just sorted out my flickr account - heres a couple of wee macro's from the fuji.

7727609572_6dfea205b4_b.jpg
[/url]
D300s-_DSF0585.jpg by /Cud, on Flickr[/IMG]

Little Yellow Flowers by /Cud, on Flickr

Here's three from me from Dungeness yesterday:

Loved the BW Abandoned house; it workd much better than the colour one, I think. Also Chanel is brilliant... :eek:

(y)(y) Just borrowed this code and bought myself a little X10 :D

Well I just ordered myself an X100!

For the last few years my cameras have been getting bigger and bigger, so looking forward to something more discreet!

Also keen to experience the challenege of a single lens - and a prime one at that.

So a couple of quick questions for you longer term owners:

What memory cards are you using - I have some average speed ones around (class 4 I think), but wondered what people would recommend as the best choice for speed vs value (all my other cameras are CF, so I'm a little out of touch with the world of SD).

And secondly how many of you shoot in raw on it and what are the write times like?

Thanks Tom - a cracking set of shots - really like the fairground one . I'll aim to get a a quicker card as soon as possible.

A few from the X100 at the Olympics and around London.

Tower Bridge and London Live Site
p500868724-6.jpg

Prematch Greco Roman Wrestling at Excel. Panoramic mode handheld.
p418992611-6.jpg

55Kg match in Excel
p108659427-6.jpg

What do you guys use to store your X100? I have a lens hood fitted, so would like a small bag to protect the camera with hood fitted. I'm considering a Domke protective wrap to give it the protection whilst carrying it in my "manbag". Does anybody have any experience of these? I'd never heard of them until tonight.

Cheers
Aled

I use a snapr 35, fits the x100 + hood nicely. also 2 smallish sidepockets. big enough for the hood, batteries and a sd card wallet.

Back