Fuji x100

Gutted my dads x100 which i inherited after he died has also died wont power up at all fuji want the camera sent back for a quote to repair. Sad day.
Fuji are very good it might not cost as much as you think

Thanks Adam. Lightroom and VSCO 06 (their quirkiest film pack) then into Colour Efex Pro solely for the contrast filters. Tonal Contrast in particular is a brilliant filter. I don't use Photoshop so I use plugins from Nik/Google and MacPhun. I find they really help to take some images beyond what you can do in Lightroom, Capture One etc without having to understand the intricacies of Photoshop. I don't use plugins all the time, just for images I think are worth that little extra time and effort.

One great feature of MacPhun's Tonality and Intensify plugins is they demosaic the Raw file which can be a great time saver.

I really love those what PP have you done they have a really nice look to them

Last edited:
A couple of shots that got me thinking.
One with a polariser and one without.
Both from raw and processed in Photoshop using an action.
Also wanted to see if there was any vignetting with the filter fitted.
Not great subjects, took them on the dog walk..
Both with the WCL..

With Polariser by Trevor, on Flickr

No Filter used. by Trevor, on Flickr

Last edited:
@saglik I did the same. Had to buy another. I've added the WCL, will probably buy another X100 and maybe the TCL

I LOVE the thing.

Another with the WCL
Shot in raw, processed in Photoshop.
I'm becoming even more amazed at the detail this sensor can retain.
I fully expected to completely blow the headlights.

Car Wash by Trevor, on Flickr

I'm impressed with the IQ your getting with the WCL Trevor, I see this was shot at F5.6 presumably hand held. It's showing some really good detail right into the corners.(y)

George.

I'm impressed with the IQ your getting with the WCL Trevor, I see this was shot at F5.6 presumably hand held. It's showing some really good detail right into the corners.(y)

George.

Thanks George. Had it perched on the bench. Loving the converter.

I found the converters surprisingly good. Avoid wide open and they don't seem to impact IQ much at all. X100 plus the two converters is my new choice for relaxed travel photography. I just need a slightly more masculine man-bag to carry them in...

Thanks George. Had it perched on the bench. Loving the converter.

I almost threw in the towel with my X100s Trevor, as to be honest I was finding the fixed FL a little bit limiting for the type of photography I do. Absolutely love the camera and the IQ is certainly the best I've seen for this size sensor along with the other Fooj-X units. And as I probably mentioned before I'd been sitting on the fence so to speak with regards to the WCL & TCL for a little while now. Well seeing your results and others on the forum that are using these converters I think the time has come to invest in them and keep the X100s.(y)

George.

I almost threw in the towel with my X100s Trevor, as to be honest I was finding the fixed FL a little bit limiting for the type of photography I do. Absolutely love the camera and the IQ is certainly the best I've seen for this size sensor along with the other Fooj-X units. And as I probably mentioned before I'd been sitting on the fence so to speak with regards to the WCL & TCL for a little while now. Well seeing your results and others on the forum that are using these converters I think the time has come to invest in them and keep the X100s.(y)

George.

Sounds like a good move to me George.

A couple of shots that got me thinking.
One with a polariser and one without.
Both from raw and processed in Photoshop using an action.
Also wanted to see if there was any vignetting with the filter fitted.
Not great subjects, took them on the dog walk..
Both with the WCL..

With Polariser by Trevor, on Flickr

No Filter used. by Trevor, on Flickr
What film simulation is this ? I find it a little difficult using a CPL on an evf as the polarising effect is quite as apparent as on a DSLR viewfinder.

What film simulation is this ? I find it a little difficult using a CPL on an evf as the polarising effect is quite as apparent as on a DSLR viewfinder.

Jim. See my post #3074. I adjust the polariser before fitting it to the camera..not sure the film simulation works in RAW. Either way I have it set to Provia.

How do I find post #3074 ? Is there an easy way of doing this ?

Taken with X100, Haydarpasa Train Station, Istanbul, Turkey

p1055527629-5.jpg

I love my x100 . Very discreet and takes great pics . However it's hopeless with fast moving subjects like kids - well compared to my canon . And not great for close ups either . Yet I still love it

I love my x100 . Very discreet and takes great pics . However it's hopeless with fast moving subjects like kids - well compared to my canon . And not great for close ups either . Yet I still love it

That's right. It's not perfect, buts it's a wonderfully engaging bit of kit.

Confession time..

..I've been giving some thought to an X100T recently…But..visited the Grandchildren yesterday and took my X100. Often just take DSLR but find its too intimidating.
All my fears about slow focusing and lag were unfounded. Yep they exist but getting snaps like this make me happy. WCL fitted, focus on the girl.
Reckon I've saved a few quid.

Just kids by Trevor, on Flickr

Looking through this thread makes me want to get an X100 again, probably the camera I regret selling most.

Confession time..

..I've been giving some thought to an X100T recently…But..visited the Grandchildren yesterday and took my X100. Often just take DSLR but find its too intimidating.
All my fears about slow focusing and lag were unfounded. Yep they exist but getting snaps like this make me happy. WCL fitted, focus on the girl.
Reckon I've saved a few quid.

Just kids by Trevor, on Flickr

Nice shot Trevor. You've got me wondering if I really need an S or a T now.

The only thing I'd really like is a black one though.

@wibbly For me the S/T have no compelling features to make me swap. And I love the colours from the classic. Got two now, one permanently fixed with the WCL.

@wibbly For me the S/T have no compelling features to make me swap. And I love the colours from the classic. Got two now, one permanently fixed with the WCL.

Whistles and bells of later models appeal in essence, in truth though the only thing I would really like is maybe the increased AF speed of the S or T.

Whistles and bells of later models appeal in essence, in truth though the only thing I would really like is maybe the increased AF speed of the S or T.

I hear ya. I'd prefer faster focusing myself.

I also love the face detection - it's nice to hand the camera off to a relative and have a decent chance of getting a nice pic back :)

But yeah, the original is still a fantastic camera

Another shot done with the wide adaptor

Attachments

• 1443513383878.jpg
    1443513383878.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Ive sent Trev a message but wondered whilst I'm waiting for a reply if anyone can help.

I have a 77mm ND filter,do i need a 52-77mm size step up adaptor ..Kood make one for £8. ? I'm asking because I'm not sure what size will fit the x100 after removing the lens cover clip on the x100

thanks

Last edited:
Back