Fuji x100

15724992221_861b45aa51_b.jpg

The X100 classic is still a fantastic camera...

I agree! Although the 1st generation X100 feels already quite "classic" when compared to the newest generation of Fujifilm system cameras, I still like to use it sometimes and always again I am amazed by the great image quality and colours. Here are some of my recent recent, more abstract, pictures with it (the first one I took in the almost dark and pushed it by two stops later, not so great image quality here I suppose ;)):

160710000614-DSCF0793dt
by madSec, on Flickr

160712200947-DSCF0828dt
by madSec, on Flickr

160912150749-DSCF1501dt
by madSec, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
One of my first pictures with the X100, Christmas Morning December 2012, surprisingly no-one else around!! Lake Vrynwy - Mid Wales, at the time I only lived 15 miles away.

Amazing Light 2 sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

That's very nice indeed David, really liking the light that's giving the spotlight effect, with the moody sky.(y)

George.

Using just that for a yaer must have given a great sense of freedom from gas lol

Thanks, and I did that (used X100 for a year), and it is what started my move over to Fuji from DSLR

Same story here. Also it was part of the initial idea, the X100 didn't free me from GAS since Fuji caught me with there nice system cameras and lenses later. But the process helped me to focus on the equipment I really need and also to sharpen my eye for new perspectives, so in that way it helped after all...
In the mood of reducing my gear later I even sold my X100, but it got damaged on the way to the buyer and I recieved it back with the insurance money. I loved the camera so much that I used the money to let it being fixed at Fujifilm and now it will stay with me. Lession learned I guess, never try to leave a diva! ;)

Same story here. Also it was part of the initial idea, the X100 didn't free me from GAS since Fuji caught me with there nice system cameras and lenses later. But the process helped me to focus on the equipment I really need and also to sharpen my eye for new perspectives, so in that way it helped after all...
In the mood of reducing my gear later I even sold my X100, but it got damaged on the way to the buyer and I recieved it back with the insurance money. I loved the camera so much that I used the money to let it being fixed at Fujifilm and now it will stay with me. Lession learned I guess, never try to leave a diva! ;)

I can't part with my X100 either, it still gets the odd trip out.

If the damage to mine wouln't have happened I would propably have upgraded to the X100t by now. That way I went for the X-Pro2 and love it just as much already!

Maybe a last picture for now (with making of here). Really happened like that, live will find a way! :D

DSCF6514_v2
by madSec, on Flickr

Last edited:
If the damage to mine wouln't have happened I would propably have upgraded to the X100t by now. That way I went for the X-Pro2 and love it just as much already!

Maybe a last picture for now (with making of here). Really happened like that, live will find a way! :D

DSCF6514_v2
by madSec, on Flickr

Well, 10 out of 10 for spotting a photo opportunity - I would have walked past that :)

Back