Fuji x100

Chris, these images are Uber quality, stunning Sir! Did you pick up the X-Pro1 recently ?
Thanks Peter,im hoping to improve this time,i actually cancelled the xpro1 because i had the x100 coming,i may get an XA3 or the Xt2 to add to it.
Loving your shots by the way

You've got to love the dynamic range on the sensor - this was a single shot from earlier in the year and it was sunny outside:
20161104111928_dscf1356.jpg

Wow, some really nice shots here! I think we got the thread back to live :)

Let me add some more B&W to this:

weg_ins_ungewisse
by madSec, on Flickr

blick_nach_sueden
by madSec, on Flickr

langzeit_1
by madSec, on Flickr

Thanks Peter,im hoping to improve this time,i actually cancelled the xpro1 because i had the x100 coming,i may get an XA3 or the Xt2 to add to it.
Loving your shots by the way

The new generation Fuji's are superbe, don't get one, you won't use your new X100 anymore ;)

Massive in that the X100 has a 12Mp Bayer, X100S has X-Trans, X100S has faster AF, but there is something very slow and deliberate about the simplicity of the X100

this Peter

if you were going to get one it has to be the original otherwise you going down the same road,the x100 has the bayer so its the only different one part from the Xa series

this Peter

if you were going to get one it has to be the original otherwise you going down the same road,the x100 has the bayer so its the only different one part from the Xa series
So has the original X100 have the same Bayer sensor as the X-Pro1 I wonder ?

So which model would youse suggest a X100/s virgin like me ??

The original X100 is much cheaper than the two neuer models, but it has still some bugs that were fixed in the X100s. The main improvements in the X100s are AF and overall speed as well as the higher resolving 16 MP X-Trans sensor with all it's advantages and disadvantages. Many say that the original X100 has the better colours, maybe thats true, but it also has at least 1 stop weaker high ISO performance for sure. Anyway, there is the X100t now, that is even more improved, mainly in terms of user interface and overall speed again.

If you just want to get the feeling without spending to much money you can go for an original X100. Just make sure that you get a model of the later production to avoid the sticky aperture blades (SAB) error.

The original X100 is much cheaper than the two neuer models, but it has still some bugs that were fixed in the X100s. The main improvements in the X100s are AF and overall speed as well as the higher resolving 16 MP X-Trans sensor with all it's advantages and disadvantages. Many say that the original X100 has the better colours, maybe thats true, but it also has at least 1 stop weaker high ISO performance for sure. Anyway, there is the X100t now, that is even more improved, mainly in terms of user interface and overall speed again.

If you just want to get the feeling without spending to much money you can go for an original X100. Just make sure that you get a model of the later production to avoid the sticky aperture blades (SAB) error.
Thanks for that detailed info, appreciated. So how do you know which X100 serial model to aim for that doesn't have the sticky blades would you know please ?

Thanks for that detailed info, appreciated. So how do you know which X100 serial model to aim for that doesn't have the sticky blades would you know please ?
Anything 2-1 series number Pete and yes the later x100 s and t have improved performance but only the x100 original will give you a different look to what you already have or have tried

If anyone fancies moving on their minty/boxed X100 as a trade/deal against a virtually new X-E2 black body please give me a shout.

Thanks.

Cheers;
Pete

:)

I've a minty boxed x100 original with both converters and a nice billingham bag that I really don't use enough but I don't need an XE2 as I have an XE1 and XT1 that do me fine. But if you sell the xe2 then let me know and I'll show you some pics of the gear

I've a minty boxed x100 original with both converters and a nice billingham bag that I really don't use enough but I don't need an XE2 as I have an XE1 and XT1 that do me fine. But if you sell the xe2 then let me know and I'll show you some pics of the gear

@macvisual Make him an offer Pete (in the classifieds of course)

Back