Fuji x100

Heard it was around 24th February for the X100F and X-T20 best off pre ordering though for the £100 trade in if you have one as well as the free case.

The x100 has carved out a lovely niche for itself i would love one but can't justify it (to the mrs that is)

I wonder if we will see some siblings? I'd love a little 1" or m4/3 version and i'm sure others would like a ff model too, or even a MF model!

Now that the x30 appears to be the last of its line I think Fuji are just concentrating on aps-c and their new quasi medium format.

Anyone done the touch and try days Fuji have been running for the X100F?

I went to one on Monday in Dursley, Flos for a play with one for an hour or so. Have to say the F is very impressive, great upgrade to the T - like a mini X-Pro2!
How does the F compare to the ?. I'm thinking of doing an about turn and cancelling my x-t20 pre order going x100f and just having the one camera.

How does the F compare to the ?. I'm thinking of doing an about turn and cancelling my x-t20 pre order going x100f and just having the one camera.

Can't answer the comparison question but I've had an X100 for a little over 4 years (classic)
That's going as will my X-T1 and lenses.
Really like the X100 form factor and excited about the F which is on pre order. I'll need to sell my wide converter which is Silver as I've ordered a Black F

Pre Order going in on Monday for the upgraded Silver finish, looks a lot better than the previous plasticky colour.
Change from Black, should look good with the Black converters. :):):):):):).

Last edited:
I've bitten the bullet and pre ordered the silver version from LCE. I did ask when they will be despatched and the Fuji rep was there and said 23rd February.

Pre Order going in on Monday for the upgraded Silver finish, looks a lot better than the previous plasticky colour.
Change from Black, should look good with the Black converters. :):):):):):).

Wanna swap converters ?

I'm so tempted by Fuji camers, especially the fixed 35mm equiv. f2 models.

Does anyone have any examples of portraits shot with an X100T or X100S to show what kind of shallow depth of field is possible with these cameras?

I'm coming from a D750 full frame camera, so trying to find the best (and most cost-effective) travel-friendly alternative that can still deliver some nice shallow dof (full frame fixed
lens cameras are out of my price range).

I have a D750 as my main camera with the X100T as my portable one. The D750 still wins in terms of IQ obviously but the X100 is easy to take out and nice to use. IMO it beats the S and original hands down as the AF is much better.

Both at f2 and 1600 ISO

Last edited:
I was fortunate to get a place on the X100F Touch and Try day in Leeds yesterday. Had a good wander around Leeds centre with the camera and really liked it.

Think I may pre-order while the free case offer is still going.

Attachments

• IMG_1486837291.538137.jpg
    IMG_1486837291.538137.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I take it it's more a Metal type Silver finish than previous generations.

Having never handled any of the previous generations I cannot confirm that.

Material wise its still an all metal housing and lens. The silver argent coating is a little different from its predecessors. Its a little bit more shiny, and it looks more refined. Less plastic’y.

Above is a snippet from a Review of the F, looking good.

Last edited:
One from my old X100 Classic - taken near Noss Mayo (if I remember correctly)

NossMayo%202015_zpsvpoboume.jpg

Well, after 4 months of no action, it's time to revive this thread before it gets lost forever:-

I saw a WCL-X100 wide angle converter recently on a well known auction site - unfortunately, it came in a bundle with a post-SAB 2012 X100 camera, Fuji leather case, Fuji lens hood and adaptor. I bought it for a very reasonable price intending to sell on the X100 camera and bits and keep the WCL for use with my X100F. However, the X100 camera is like new - if it has been used then it has been exceedingly well looked after. So now I'm in a dilemma - perhaps I'll keep it for a bit of nostalgia :)

Well, after 4 months of no action, it's time to revive this thread before it gets lost forever:-

I saw a WCL-X100 wide angle converter recently on a well known auction site - unfortunately, it came in a bundle with a post-SAB 2012 X100 camera, Fuji leather case, Fuji lens hood and adaptor. I bought it for a very reasonable price intending to sell on the X100 camera and bits and keep the WCL for use with my X100F. However, the X100 camera is like new - if it has been used then it has been exceedingly well looked after. So now I'm in a dilemma - perhaps I'll keep it for a bit of nostalgia :)

I run both (X100 and X100F), although I love the F there is something special about the Bayer output X100 images. My advice keep both!

Keep it. Wish I’d kept mine..

Funnily enough, the serial number of this X100 camera is just 60 different from that of my first X100 which I bought in 2012

Back