Fuji x100

I was out and about with my X-T2 and 10-24 in Swaledale yesterday, and while I enjoyed it, took very little which could not be achieved with the X100F. Confirmed my choice to only take the F and WCL to HK and Oz next week. I’m in danger of thinking about selling my T2 and lenses! Sort of reverse-GAS.

One from today's dog walk with my 'new' X100 Classic:-

Riverside%20walk_zpshdidih2p.jpg

Or how about a mono:-

Riverside%20walk_BampW_zpsumv8ibsg.jpg

It might be an old clunker but the appeal is still there

Last edited:
I was out and about with my X-T2 and 10-24 in Swaledale yesterday, and while I enjoyed it, took very little which could not be achieved with the X100F. Confirmed my choice to only take the F and WCL to HK and Oz next week. I’m in danger of thinking about selling my T2 and lenses! Sort of reverse-GAS.
This is my goal eventually. Do you have any converters?

This is my goal eventually. Do you have any converters?
I have the WCL, but found I used it very little on my recent trip, from which I returned yesterday. Hong Kong for 2 days, the rest of the month being Australia. As indicated, I only took the X100F and WCL and didn't miss the X-T2 a bit. Plus I took over 600 shots on one battery with no recharging ( I took spares with me but did not use them) and still had 40% charge left at the end of the trip. I have a policy of switching the camera off after almost every shot, which I think helps.

I have the WCL, but found I used it very little on my recent trip, from which I returned yesterday. Hong Kong for 2 days, the rest of the month being Australia. As indicated, I only took the X100F and WCL and didn't miss the X-T2 a bit. Plus I took over 600 shots on one battery with no recharging ( I took spares with me but did not use them) and still had 40% charge left at the end of the trip. I have a policy of switching the camera off after almost every shot, which I think helps.
Is that using the ovf?

I didn't realise the wcl was referring to the wide angle converter.

I have a friend in HK id live a trip out there. Are you traveling for work?

Is that using the ovf?

I didn't realise the wcl was referring to the wide angle converter.

I have a friend in HK id live a trip out there. Are you traveling for work?
A mix of OVF and EVF, according to the light and my mood! No, HK was a stop-over on the way to Oz for a family visit.

Being a bit of a butter-fingers, I thought I'd share a mod I did to the TCL to stop it slipping out of my hands when mounting and dismounting it from the camera. Simply a bit of anti-slip grip tape round the end. Did the same of the WCL, though it's not needed as much, and I also put an offcut on the half-case.

Mod to Fuji TCL by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Being a bit of a butter-fingers, I thought I'd share a mod I did to the TCL to stop it slipping out of my hands when mounting and dismounting it from the camera. Simply a bit of anti-slip grip tape round the end. Did the same of the WCL, though it's not needed as much, and I also put an offcut on the half-case.

Mod to Fuji TCL by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Great idea Sir, and doesn't look too bad either.(y)

"I'd be interested to know what that material is and where to get some"

George.

Great idea Sir, and doesn't look too bad either.(y)

"I'd be interested to know what that material is and where to get some"

George.
Bought it from that great river, Amazon. Simply called "Anti-slip Grip Tape" by 151 Adhesives. Bought a 4 metre roll, 25mm wide, and cut it to width with a Stanley knife.

Bought it from that great river, Amazon. Simply called "Anti-slip Grip Tape" by 151 Adhesives. Bought a 4 metre roll, 25mm wide, and cut it to width with a Stanley knife.

Many thanks for that Sir, very much appreciated.(y)

George.

Many thanks for that Sir, very much appreciated.(y)

George.
Incidentally, because the push-on rear caps are rather flimsy, I bought two generic 49mm lens caps to replace them. I'm considering glueing them together, back to back, so I can put the adaptors in my pocket with no fear of them rattling together. I used to do this with my m4/3 lenses many years ago.

Slightly embarrassed to ask this, so be gentle...

Is the lens on the X100 detachable or fixed?

Slightly embarrassed to ask this, so be gentle...

Is the lens on the X100 detachable or fixed?
If your thinking of buying,check serial number on.the bottom.the early ones had a potential for sticky aperture blade problem.
Any number beginning with a 1 could potentially cost you around £110to fix,last time i asked fuji about it.
2 or3 should be fine

Had a couple of days away in Dorset this past week, just took the X100f and my Bronica film camera... great combination, although I ended up shooting more film than digital! Was a bit foggy and misty at Durdle Door, but what a fantastic sight it is, well worth the almost cardiac arrest on the hill back to the car park :D

Just noticed I'd left the WCL in my camera bag, wish I'd known I'd had it with me! :banghead:

Dorset_102
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Dorset_103
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Dorset_101
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Dorset_105
by Dave Young, on Flickr

Dorset_106
by Dave Young, on Flickr

If your thinking of buying,check serial number on.the bottom.the early ones had a potential for sticky aperture blade problem.
Any number beginning with a 1 could potentially cost you around £110to fix,last time i asked fuji about it.
2 or3 should be fine

No, I'd like to buy one, but I can't justify spending so much on a camera that I know I won't get that much use out of as I like having the option to use varying focal lengths. I really do like the look of the X100 though... must... not... buy...

Thanks for the warning, however! :)

The are niche BUT they are also fantastic. They make you think about what you're doing, the IQ is amazing, the b&w stunning. Of course, they have their quirks but overall, you won't be disappointed if you get one.

It the tape gritty, will it scratch other items?

No, I'd like to buy one, but I can't justify spending so much on a camera that I know I won't get that much use out of as I like having the option to use varying focal lengths.
It took me a while to justify it too, but the X100T ended up being the camera I use most.

It took me a while to justify it too, but the X100T ended up being the camera I use most.

Wouldn't suit my style of photography, I'm going to stop looking at this thread now before I do something the wife wouldn't approve of...

:fuji:

Back