Fujifilm Killing Off More Films in 2018

https://petapixel.com/2017/10/27/fujifilm-killing-off-films-2018-things-look-grim/

Fujifilm will be killing off more of its camera film products in 2018, further dwindling the company’s limited selection of analog offerings.

The company announced earlier this month on its Japanese website that a number of multi-film packs will be discontinued starting in March 2018.

Most of this looks like sensationalist nonsense and poor reporting to me. There isn't a single emulsion that is being eliminated here. It's just that they aren't selling some of the 135-format films in packs of 3 or 5 any more; all of those films will still be available to purchase individually. Can you even buy multipacks of the slide films outside of Japan?

The only thing that looks like an actual loss is the Fuji Acros 100 in large format, but I'm pretty certain that had already been announced, so again, poor reporting.

Last edited:
I would like to know Japanese to be able to read what the company announced, but it is true, nothing new here.

I hope Superia 400 and Valvia 50 aren't on the way out - it'd be such a shame to lose two gorgeous colour stocks. I did wonder about JCH's claim that stopping the multipacks often precedes the film dying off altogether...

Back