Fujifilm X-H1

So ... I’m thinking of getting a XH1, for mainly landscape photography. A question is, how balanced is the 16-55 WR lens compared with the 18-55? I don’t want the grip, btw. Can’t stand them.
Very well balanced, took mine out today without the grip for the first time and the 16-55 was lovely and balanced compared to the XT2

For me if you don't mind the extra size it's a no brainer then.
The H1 for me is the best handling camera I've used and the IBIS would be a real plus point for hand held landscapes.
That's the principal reason for getting it - the IBIS. Should help with my legacy lenses also.

That's the principal reason for getting it - the IBIS. Should help with my legacy lenses also.

Just a heads up on that point Sir, the IBIS does not work when using a legacy lens, only with Fuji lenses.:(

George.

Err - it does.
There's even a setting for you to set the focal length so it works properly.

“Sorry” I stand corrected Sir, I read somewhere that it didn’t, but have just watched a video and it certainly does. My Mistake.:banghead:

George.

“Sorry” I stand corrected Sir, I read somewhere that it didn’t, but have just watched a video and it certainly does. My Mistake.:banghead:

George.
Thanks for your concern, George. I too had it in the back of my mind that I had read somewhere that IS didn't work on 3rd party legacy lenses, but then I also read that it did!

I personally only take on board "real" peoples experiences on boards like this for instance, I don't need to find out anything on reviews like this, as they are invariably biased in one way or another. A bit like looking at tripadvisor for unbiased reviews. No camera is perfect, and all have their good and bad points. For me the Fuji X series, will do for me. I like the way it looks, the way it feels, the old school dials, the quality lenses. Its how a camera should be, in my eyes. The X-H1 at this moment in time, is a great camera, well at least until the X-H2 is released, but for now, I'm a happy bunny.:)

I personally only take on board "real" peoples experiences on boards like this for instance, I don't need to find out anything on reviews like this, as they are invariably biased in one way or another. A bit like looking at tripadvisor for unbiased reviews. No camera is perfect, and all have their good and bad points. For me the Fuji X series, will do for me. I like the way it looks, the way it feels, the old school dials, the quality lenses. Its how a camera should be, in my eyes. The X-H1 at this moment in time, is a great camera, well at least until the X-H2 is released, but for now, I'm a happy bunny.:)
Absolutely! I look at reviews because sometimes you find small nuggets of information on different ways to set controls, etc. Not for people's personal opinions.

@trevjm Any update on your situation regarding camera issues?

@trevjm Any update on your situation regarding camera issues?

Yes. I meant to come back and say. I spoke to Fujifilm UK. Basically reset the camera as suggested on here and by Fuji. Reset all the settings to reduce the battery consumption to minimum (except Boost). Then proceeded to rattle off about 130 test shots using differing settings such as some single shots, single focus, continuous focus, continuous shooting etc over the space of a couple of hours. The battery was still showing full capacity when I finished. So damned if I know what was going wrong to cause me to burn through batteries prior to resetting it.

Well, it's just arrived, quick service, and the first thing I noticed was how light and compact it felt. After all the reports, including comments on here, I expected it to be appreciably bulkier than the X-T2. But no; in the hand it feels no heavier than my Pro2. The main difference is the size of the hand grip, which will take a bit of getting used to. Oh, and I'll have to learn Italian as that's how it was set. Luckily by trial and error and schoolboy (1st year, failed) Latin, I found the bit in the menus to change that. The focus is super quick, the shutter is super silent, and the shutter button is super sensitive. Next thing I suppose is to actually take some photos. Watch this space!

Well, it's just arrived, quick service, and the first thing I noticed was how light and compact it felt. After all the reports, including comments on here, I expected it to be appreciably bulkier than the X-T2. But no; in the hand it feels no heavier than my Pro2. The main difference is the size of the hand grip, which will take a bit of getting used to. Oh, and I'll have to learn Italian as that's how it was set. Luckily by trial and error and schoolboy (1st year, failed) Latin, I found the bit in the menus to change that. The focus is super quick, the shutter is super silent, and the shutter button is super sensitive. Next thing I suppose is to actually take some photos. Watch this space!

Not sure about the weight of the x-pro 2 vs the x-t2 but always found the pro 2 to feel like a super solid camera. X-h1 by far the most comfortable camera I’ve used. Just feels “right” in the hand.

Enjoy!

I m not surprised at all. It doesn't seem that he's done his research before using the camera.

He's a plank, I used to watch him years ago but pretty much learned nothing other than he prefers to shoot RAW, loves himself and is/was a Nikon fanboy - seems to be bit more of a Sony one lately because he shoots with an A9

You lot on this thread sure can help cost a guy to spend his bucks, it would appear that I’m also part of this X-H1 clan now.(y):D:D

“Seriously though I had the pleasure of trying one of these units out in Hungary a couple of weekends back, and was pretty damned impressed with it, so much so that I’d been considering getting one since. So I succumbed and picked one up yesterday with the battery pack etc in Downtown 615 (they’re less expensive in the USA) before catching my flight to the UK. Not had a chance to try it out yet but hopefully I’ll be able to put it through its duties in the next few days”

George.

The price in the the Fuji refurbished shop is tempting

Yes it is.
Lusted over one since launch. Still saving. Every time I’m nearly there something else seems to take priority...

Yes. I meant to come back and say. I spoke to Fujifilm UK. Basically reset the camera as suggested on here and by Fuji. Reset all the settings to reduce the battery consumption to minimum (except Boost). Then proceeded to rattle off about 130 test shots using differing settings such as some single shots, single focus, continuous focus, continuous shooting etc over the space of a couple of hours. The battery was still showing full capacity when I finished. So damned if I know what was going wrong to cause me to burn through batteries prior to resetting it.
Good to hear it got fixed easily. So you are sticking with Fuji now?

Same here. Nothing wrong with my XT2, it's just that I prefer the handling and the bigger grip of the XH1 plus IBIS.

I’m with you. Currently only have 2 cameras.
X100f and D500. Nothing wrong with either. Not using the Nikon at the moment as it’s fitted with long lens making it a bit of a lump. And I’m suffering with painful Knees.
If it becomes any worse I’ll sell up and keep my little X100f. Maybe then the X-H1 would loom large...
Who knows..fun isn’t it.

It was the IBIS which finally swung it for me. And now I have it, that gorgeous viewfindetr.

its incredible isn't it. doesn't seem to get a mention that its one of the best out there.

have you adjusted to the sensitivity of the shutter yet? i found it really nice once i got the hang of it.

Back