Fujifilm X-H1

Ah ok... So where to next? :D
Waiting for Nikon mirrorless perhaps? ;)

No I have gone back to Sony but this time no big and damned expensive zooms. Going to stick to the 28, 55 and 85 primes and maybe the 16-35 F4 for landscapes/architecture...

its incredible isn't it. doesn't seem to get a mention that its one of the best out there.

have you adjusted to the sensitivity of the shutter yet? i found it really nice once i got the hang of it.
It only arrived yesterday lunchtime and I won't get out till tomorrow at the earliest. The shutter, I found was very sensitive yet somehow reassuring, if that's the right word. I'm sure I will soon get used to it. But its positioning seems a little awkward compared with the Pro2 and X100F, for now.

No I have gone back to Sony but this time no big and damned expensive zooms. Going to stick to the 28, 55 and 85 primes and maybe the 16-35 F4 for landscapes/architecture...
Ah the brand that should not be named. I have the tamron 28-75 which is reasonably size and might be more your thing :)

I might know someone at work selling 55 if you are looking for one. If you are interested I'll ask him. :)

You lot on this thread sure can help cost a guy to spend his bucks, it would appear that I’m also part of this X-H1 clan now.(y):D:D

“Seriously though I had the pleasure of trying one of these units out in Hungary a couple of weekends back, and was pretty damned impressed with it, so much so that I’d been considering getting one since. So I succumbed and picked one up yesterday with the battery pack etc in Downtown 615 (they’re less expensive in the USA) before catching my flight to the UK. Not had a chance to try it out yet but hopefully I’ll be able to put it through its duties in the next few days”

George.
Resistance is futile, who will be next ?

Welcome George

By the way guys Camera World in-store price is currently £1299 or £1649 with grip & batteries, not worth going grey at that price. Bizarrely their in-store price is lower than online.

By the way guys Camera World in-store price is currently £1299 or £1649 with grip & batteries, not worth going grey at that price. Bizarrely their in-store price is lower than online.
that a pretty good deal! (y)

which camera world store is that? or I wonder if they have the same offer at all locations...

Last edited:
Ah the brand that should not be named. I have the tamron 28-75 which is reasonably size and might be more your thing :)

I might know someone at work selling 55 if you are looking for one. If you are interested I'll ask him. :)

Thanks that is very good of you. However, my new lens all arrive later today :)

The Tamron is certainly an option I will consider no doubt :)

Last edited:
that a pretty good deal! (y)

which camera world store is that? or I wonder if they have the same offer at all locations...
All 3, Stevenage, Chelmsford and London

I went with Jessops in the end as they offered stonking p/x prices on my Oly kit and matched Camera World prices, in fact I only lost £200 on £3.2k worth of gear, it seems they don't even ask if it's grey LOL

All 3, Stevenage, Chelmsford and London

I went with Jessops in the end as they offered stonking p/x prices on my Oly kit and matched Camera World prices, in fact I only lost £200 on £3.2k worth of gear, it seems they don't even ask if it's grey LOL

most camera shops don't ask if its grey.

Also in store prices being lower is not as bizarre as it may sound at first. A lot of stores I think want to encourage people to visit store where they are more likely to buy stuff and they can convince you better (like your experience jessops). If someone is looking competitor shops are just a click away and there is only a fixed price but physically going to wex will require at least a train ;)
I have noticed currys/pc world do similar things also.

also which jessops? LOL
I might visit them myself if they are that good

Last edited:
most camera shops dont ask if it grey.

Also in store prices being lower is not as bizarre as it may sound at first. A lot of stores I think want to encourage people to visit store where they are more likely to buy stuff and they can convince you better (like you did at jessops). If someone is looking competitor shops are just a click away and there is only a fixed price but physically going to wex will require at least a train ;)
I have noticed currys/pc world do similar things also.

also which jessops? LOL
I might visit them myself if they are that good
I got the first p/x quote from Wex but Jessops bettered it and I understand from others that when you take your kit to Wex to inspect they fanny around for 1-2 hours checking it, plus a train to London and although Jessops get a lot of stick i've always found the staff to be great to deal with, guess it depends which store you end up in but not had a bad experience yet.

I got the first p/x quote from Wex but Jessops bettered it and I understand from others that when you take your kit to Wex to inspect they fanny around for 1-2 hours checking it, plus a train to London and although Jessops get a lot of stick i've always found the staff to be great to deal with, guess it depends which store you end up in but not had a bad experience yet.

hit the nail on the head. my previous local jessops were rather clueless.

It's over an hour on the train to get to my nearest camera shop. And there are only 5 trains a day! (the steam trains don't stop).

hit the nail on the head. my previous local jessops were rather clueless.
St Albans ? I used to go in there to educate the staff for a wind up ;) To be more accurate i've never had a bad experience when purchasing, Kingston and Reading seem to have decent staff. Oxford Street 3 times was called "mate" .

St Albans ? I used to go in there to educate the staff for a wind up ;) To be more accurate i've never had a bad experience when purchasing, Kingston and Reading seem to have decent staff. Oxford Street 3 times was called "mate" .
which Jessops did you go to do your trade? I might give them a visit myself ;)

Kingston is quite close to be and so is Oxford street...

yeah. last time i was in there a guy was asking for lens recommendations for this d610. was being offered a dx lens by staff.

yeah. last time i was in there a guy was asking for lens recommendations for this d610. was being offered a dx lens by staff.

A while back when Sony's main cameras were a-mount alpha I remember a staff giving a customer a comparison "this is canon XXD DSLR which has viewfinder and this equivalent Sony AXX DSLR which has no viewfinder" :facepalm:
First time I found out EVFs are not viewfinders :p

which Jessops did you go to do your trade? I might give them a visit myself ;)

Kingston is quite close to be and so is Oxford street...
Kingston, but get p/x quotes from Wex first then ask them to match them because Jessops prices on their system are quite low, as long as you are armed with a genuine Wex quote they will play ball.

I have to admit the low price of these has got me tempted, currently been camera-less for a month and getting that itch again... the real value though appears to be in used DSLR FF stuff (Nikon in particular), tightening my belt so not looking to spend a lot... but its Festival Month in Edinburgh and feel I’m missing out!!

I have to admit the low price of these has got me tempted, currently been camera-less for a month and getting that itch again... the real value though appears to be in used DSLR FF stuff (Nikon in particular), tightening my belt so not looking to spend a lot... but its Festival Month in Edinburgh and feel I’m missing out!!

you don't wanna be lugging about a ff dslr around the festival. you know the fooj makes sense :)

If you were like me you'd probably be happy with a FF body and a 35mm or 50mm f1.4/1.8. I remember being quite happy with my 5D and Sigma 50mm f1.4, apart from the bulk and weight. I think you'd want more though.

Well, that's a good start! After a few shots with Fuji lenses, during which it performed fine, I fitted a Pentax lens with the appropriate adapter. Obviously, "shoot without lens" was turned on. Switched the camera on and after 1 second got the " turn camera off and on" message. Turned it off and it refused to turn on. Dead. Removed and refitted the battery, same again. Put a Fuji lens back on worked fine. Tried a different adapter, same again. Contacted Fuji Support who are sending out a returns pack for them to investigate. Meanwhile I only have my faultless X100F to use. Not a happy bunny!

Well, that's a good start! After a few shots with Fuji lenses, during which it performed fine, I fitted a Pentax lens with the appropriate adapter. Obviously, "shoot without lens" was turned on. Switched the camera on and after 1 second got the " turn camera off and on" message. Turned it off and it refused to turn on. Dead. Removed and refitted the battery, same again. Put a Fuji lens back on worked fine. Tried a different adapter, same again. Contacted Fuji Support who are sending out a returns pack for them to investigate. Meanwhile I only have my faultless X100F to use. Not a happy bunny!

Ouch !!

I dropped a refurb into my basket this morning, still not gone through the checkout...Probably won't..

That doesn't sound good Sir, I'm sure Fuji will get it sorted for you very quickly. "Good Luck".(y)

George.

The adapter is probably shorting out the pins somehow. Can you link to the two adapters you tried?

Ouch !!

I dropped a refurb into my basket this morning, still not gone through the checkout...Probably won't..

By the way it's £1299 at Camera World for a brand new one not a refurb, ignore the online price. I think they will honour the "in-store" price for a phone order.

Last edited:
By the way it's £1299 at Camera World for a brand new one not a refurb, ignore the online price. I think they will honour the "in-store" price for a phone order.
Tried that, they wouldn't! Still ordered from them though as I get a free case as well as the Fuji discount.

Tried that, they wouldn't! Still ordered from them though as I get a free case as well as the Fuji discount.
That's a shame, I was offered a phone deal for an out of stock item, seems they make up policy as they go along, they said we don't have it in the store today but can post it to you if you pay now.

That's a shame, I was offered a phone deal for an out of stock item, seems they make up policy as they go along, they said we don't have it in the store today but can post it to you if you pay now.
Yes, a pity. I used to visit their store occasionally when I lived near Watford. Bought my first X-Pro2 from them.

Trainspotters, what a bunch of losers. I counted 14 of them today ;)
Should have been on Settle station yesterday. They were camping out on the platform, waiting for the four steam trains. I only had the patience for one, and that was only because it’s less than a five minute walk from our front door.

Well I’m not a train person but that looks very impressive! Pin sharp, and lovely colours. I like the hills in the background too!
Thanks Marcia. It was difficult to get a good position because of all the other ‘togs with their long-lensed Nikacons. I had a tiny 35mm in contrast! Felt somewhat inadequate.

Back