Fujifilm X-H1

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering - for stills photography are you guys leaving IBIS on all the time or just activating as and when? Anyone noticed any detrimental effects leaving it on for higher shutter speeds?

Lee
I normally have it on for hand held although if I remember will turn it off on a sunnier day. Will turn it off on a tripod if I remember but saying that the times I forget to I never noticed a massive drop in IQ.
Went to a talk at last year's photography show at the NEC by one of the Fuji X motorsport photographers and he said he leaves IBIS on all the time.

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Sadly, I think it's going back. Having some random out of focus issues. I have mostly been using a 23mm f2 lens. Never had that with my X-Pro2. For example, in AF-S mode with distance scale displayed and shooting at a subject sort of 30 ft away I can see the AF choosing anything from 7ft, through 30 ft to infinity. Not always, though. I have AF priority set to 'focus', have tried different size focus boxes. My 35mm f1.4 is better but even with that one I don't think the images are as sharp are they should be. If I switch to manual focus and rely on peaking, I get some very sharp results. Pity ...

Lee
This issue seemed worse with focal lengths wider than 35mm, such as 23mm, 18mm and 14mm. I wonder why? Anyway Fuji are sending replacement - should be with me tomorrow. On the whole I really like the camera and I think the results (when properly focussed) seem more appealing than those I get from my X-Pro 2.

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
I realise that on most Fujis, entering the focal length of manual lenses is just to ensure this data is written into the exif, but on the X-H1 does it also “tell” the camera how much image stabilisation to apply to the sensor?

Apparently it does according to a report I red a while back.

George.

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
This issue seemed worse with focal lengths wider than 35mm, such as 23mm, 18mm and 14mm. I wonder why? Anyway Fuji are sending replacement - should be with me tomorrow. On the whole I really like the camera and I think the results (when properly focussed) seem more appealing than those I get from my X-Pro 2.
I assume others here are not seeing this mis-focus issue with lenses 23mm and wider? Are you all on firmware 2.00? If you are on a previous firmware and all is OK, then maybe hold off upgrading! It's just my guess as I have received a 2nd body and it does the same as the first, :( I am in contact again with Fuji, if not a firmware issue, maybe there was a bad batch.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Now that’s a picture I’d have on my wall, fantastic shot.

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys. Looking for recommendations for a nice flash for the X-H1. I have a number of Nikon and Olympus Speedlights, but I'd have to use them in manual mode, so looking for something with full TTL and HSS. A nice to have (though not essential) would be a built in video light and some sort of built in wireless facilities ?

I've looked at Fuji's own EF-500X, but that's incredibly expensive. I've seen people mention Godox and Neweer but know nothing about them.

Thanks.

OP
OP
addicknchips
Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys. Looking for recommendations for a nice flash for the X-H1. I have a number of Nikon and Olympus Speedlights, but I'd have to use them in manual mode, so looking for something with full TTL and HSS. A nice to have (though not essential) would be a built in video light and some sort of built in wireless facilities ?

I've looked at Fuji's own EF-500X, but that's incredibly expensive. I've seen people mention Godox and Neweer but know nothing about them.

Thanks.

godox. very good. HSS & TTL options.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Godox-TT68...TF8&qid=1548774406&sr=8-4&keywords=godox+fuji

the x1-tf trigger works well with it for off camera flash.

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes