Fujifilm X-H1

I realise that on most Fujis, entering the focal length of manual lenses is just to ensure this data is written into the exif, but on the X-H1 does it also “tell” the camera how much image stabilisation to apply to the sensor?

Sadly, I think it's going back. Having some random out of focus issues. I have mostly been using a 23mm f2 lens. Never had that with my X-Pro2. For example, in AF-S mode with distance scale displayed and shooting at a subject sort of 30 ft away I can see the AF choosing anything from 7ft, through 30 ft to infinity. Not always, though. I have AF priority set to 'focus', have tried different size focus boxes. My 35mm f1.4 is better but even with that one I don't think the images are as sharp are they should be. If I switch to manual focus and rely on peaking, I get some very sharp results. Pity ...

Lee

This issue seemed worse with focal lengths wider than 35mm, such as 23mm, 18mm and 14mm. I wonder why? Anyway Fuji are sending replacement - should be with me tomorrow. On the whole I really like the camera and I think the results (when properly focussed) seem more appealing than those I get from my X-Pro 2.

I realise that on most Fujis, entering the focal length of manual lenses is just to ensure this data is written into the exif, but on the X-H1 does it also “tell” the camera how much image stabilisation to apply to the sensor?

Apparently it does according to a report I red a while back.

George.

“Excellent” Fujigraph, nuff said.

George.

This issue seemed worse with focal lengths wider than 35mm, such as 23mm, 18mm and 14mm. I wonder why? Anyway Fuji are sending replacement - should be with me tomorrow. On the whole I really like the camera and I think the results (when properly focussed) seem more appealing than those I get from my X-Pro 2.

I assume others here are not seeing this mis-focus issue with lenses 23mm and wider? Are you all on firmware 2.00? If you are on a previous firmware and all is OK, then maybe hold off upgrading! It's just my guess as I have received a 2nd body and it does the same as the first, :( I am in contact again with Fuji, if not a firmware issue, maybe there was a bad batch.

Now that’s a picture I’d have on my wall, fantastic shot.

Hi guys. Looking for recommendations for a nice flash for the X-H1. I have a number of Nikon and Olympus Speedlights, but I'd have to use them in manual mode, so looking for something with full TTL and HSS. A nice to have (though not essential) would be a built in video light and some sort of built in wireless facilities ?

I've looked at Fuji's own EF-500X, but that's incredibly expensive. I've seen people mention Godox and Neweer but know nothing about them.

Thanks.

Hi guys. Looking for recommendations for a nice flash for the X-H1. I have a number of Nikon and Olympus Speedlights, but I'd have to use them in manual mode, so looking for something with full TTL and HSS. A nice to have (though not essential) would be a built in video light and some sort of built in wireless facilities ?

I've looked at Fuji's own EF-500X, but that's incredibly expensive. I've seen people mention Godox and Neweer but know nothing about them.

Thanks.

godox. very good. HSS & TTL options.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Godox-TT68...TF8&qid=1548774406&sr=8-4&keywords=godox+fuji

the x1-tf trigger works well with it for off camera flash.

Back