Fujifilm X-H1

looking forward to using the camera for a wedding the week after next.
this will be my main camera for the day and i need to pick up a back up and a wider option. wondering if an x100f would be suitable.

Not looking for a second shooter are you? I only have 4 more weddings left this year, and I'm trying to get more under my belt

this will be my main camera for the day and i need to pick up a back up and a wider option. wondering if an x100f would be suitable.
Hmm for me the X100F didn't quite cut it, XT-1 and 23 1.4 would be my choice

thats not a bad shout.

I've already got an wanted advert for the 23mm 1.4. i need to act quickly though as am off to Japan monday to friday and then have the wedding back in the uk on the saturday.

thats not a bad shout.

I've already got an wanted advert for the 23mm 1.4. i need to act quickly though as am off to Japan monday to friday and then have the wedding back in the uk on the saturday.
Trip to Japan, my dream !!! I'll go for you so you can hunt down some equipment here !!!

The X100F for all it's brilliance is soft towards the edges wide open, the 23mm lenses get sharper the more you spend, though the 23mmF2 shouldn't be overlooked, as it has the snappiest AF of the 3 and has WR.

(I have all 3 !! X100F, XF23mm F2 (on my wife's camera) and XF23mm F1.4)

The X100F for all it's brilliance is soft towards the edges wide open, the 23mm lenses get sharper the more you spend, though the 23mmF2 shouldn't be overlooked, as it has the snappiest AF of the 3 and has WR.

(I have all 3 !! X100F, XF23mm F2 (on my wife's camera) and XF23mm F1.4)

I've always rated the f1.4. Its probably the sensible choice.

although i'd really like to get a the graphite pro 2 kit with the 23mm f2. -cant really afford it though

Just a quick heads up in case you may not have heard about it. I visited this exhibition in New York back in march this year and can tell you it sure is worth a visit if you're in town.(y)

George.

http://home-magnum.com/en/

FUJIFILM AND MAGNUM PHOTOS BRING THE GLOBAL HOME EXHIBITION TO LONDON
HOME is not only defined as a space for physical living, it holds various other associations that are emotional, biological, cultural and societal.

In this exclusive pop-up exhibition, 16 photographers from the legendary Magnum Photos co-operative, including Elliot Erwitt, Mark Power and Olivia Arthur, reflect on the emotion and intimacy of what ‘home’ means to them.

DATE: 18th – 27th May 2018
TIME: 10am – 6pm
(entrance through Phonica Record)
51 Poland Street
Soho
London
W1F 7LZ

The exhibition is free, no booking required.

Last edited:
If its not to long for you my choice would be the 90mm but maybe that's just me.

My concern is not to get too close to the subject. I use a 23mm for everyday use. Really happy. I am planning to add a 35mm but then I ll make a leap to the 90

My concern is not to get too close to the subject. I use a 23mm for everyday use. Really happy. I am planning to add a 35mm but then I ll make a leap to the 90

I'm lucky enough to own both the XF56 APD f1.2 and the XF90mm :) I have to be honest and say I haven't used the 90mm much as I have only managed a few studio shoots and the 56mm was a better choice due to space.
I purchased a XH1 at the photography show in March so I am hoping when my health allows it to get out and shoot with my primes.
Which was my original idea when I purchased my first X body with 2 primes, if you decide that you want to go with the 56mm f1.2 I would go with my original choice of the R version. Sadly I dropped this in the studio and snapped the mount off the lens.
I sent to Fuji U.K. For repair who were really fast with the repair but sadly the carrier who collected it from Fuji lost my lens:(
Fuji U.K. who I can't fault kept me well up to date on my missing package :) I can't say the same about the useless courier :( Fuji more or less offered me a replacement lens and said they would pursue the carrier/courier.
When they came back to me they hadn't any 56mm 1.2 R lenses in stock but offered me the APD version as a replacement at no charge. The reason I say get the R version over the APD is it works with both the AF systems in the Fuji X bodies:):fuji:

https://www.fujivsfuji.com/56mm-f1pt2-vs-apd/

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/x-mount-lenses/fujifilm-56mm-vs-56mm-apd/

Last edited:
Do any of you guys use a screen protector on your H1, and if so which one(s)? I've only ever used a GGS Larmor, on my previous X series cameras. But doesn't look like they do one for the H1.

Not looking for a second shooter are you? I only have 4 more weddings left this year, and I'm trying to get more under my belt

Nick, apologies mate I completely missed this post.
Am doing the weddings with someone already,
If I do get any that I’m doing alone I’ll give you a shout.

Thanks

Nick, apologies mate I completely missed this post.
Am doing the weddings with someone already,
If I do get any that I’m doing alone I’ll give you a shout.

Thanks

No worries, Ditto here too. I may have some proms coming up, if anything happens with them I'll give you a shout

Do any of you guys use a screen protector on your H1, and if so which one(s)? I've only ever used a GGS Larmor, on my previous X series cameras. But doesn't look like they do one for the H1.
I used a spare one from my XT2, same size I think.

Amazon.co.uk - search xh1 screen protector. Take your pick.

I want one, seriously.

I’ve just spent the past hour reading the entire thread from start to finish.

Having owned several Fuji cameras my concern would be the AF performance. AF on the x100, x100t and the x-Pro1 was terrible, seriously terrible. How much has it moved on?

I haven’t had my current kit long but it’s already setting off my back issues. I took the camera out last weekend and I’ve been on pain killers ever since (serious not joking). I’ll probably lose a ton of cash switching but selling my current camera and lenses could fund a serious amount of Fuji kit.

Back